The 79th Annual Academy Awards

The problem with Eddie and the Academy comes more from the body of his work, I believe, than particularly Dreamgirls... I mean, the guy goes from doing that to Norbit... His a-hole reputation doesn´t help either...

Fine, I'll give you that... Perhaps Norbit should've waited not to be released anytime soon...

Arkins role was exactly what the Academy always looks for in a supporting role, not a big part but has one scene where the heart of the movie lies. Arkin and Breslins scene together combined with Arkins history won him that award.
As for supporting actress...ugh what a waste. Yes, Hudson was great at conveying emotion while singing I wont take that away from her but the women from Babel, that was acting IMO.

the more I think about it, the more I think the studios were fools to release Norbit so soon.

Although, for them it's good publicity to have an academy nominee in the film, I think I just answered my own question. It was bad for Murphys camp

As for supporting actress...ugh what a waste. Yes, Hudson was great at conveying emotion while singing I wont take that away from her but the women from Babel, that was acting IMO.

exactly

Dude, Eddie Murphy gave the performance of A LIFETIME! He was the best in that category, by far. I hated Arkin in Sunshine.

that's a short lifetime then, cause it might've been good, but it was far from being mind-bendingly awesome as you're making it look.

It wasn't mind-bendingly awesome, but it was the best compared to the other roles in that same category.

Personally I think Wahlberg should've got it. But Whittaker and Scorese got their awards, so no complaints in the acting category.

Pan's Labyrinth should've won best Foreign Picture and Original Screenplay.

Personally I think Wahlberg should've got it. But Whittaker and Scorese got their awards, so no complaints in the acting category.

Pan's Labyrinth should've won best Foreign Picture and Original Screenplay.

agreed on all counts, but I really think Pan's robbed best cinematography from Children of Men. that was f***in amazing.

I can't understand why Jennifer Hudson, a f***** rookie, yes, sings amazing blah blah blah, but her acting skills aren't very tested yet, this was her first movie!. Cate Blanchett should've won that oscar. Has anybody seen Notes on a Scandal? She was fantastic there.

I can't understand why Jennifer Hudson, a f***** rookie, yes, sings amazing blah blah blah, but her acting skills aren't very tested yet, this was her first movie!. Cate Blanchett should've won that oscar. Has anybody seen Notes on a Scandal? She was fantastic there.

Jenny is amazing. :mad: Yeah Cate is good too but she's amazing. :mad:

Doesn't that really get to you? That Peter Sellers NEVER won an Oscar, for performances far above the Sunshine pic, and Arkin wins an Oscar for such a film? Thats outrageous!

Batman Beyond said:
Still, isn't it annoying that Sellers never won? I mean, thats one disturbing irony...

These statements are illogical; Peter Sellers is dead and wasn't nominated for an Oscar this year.

Oh, and Eddie Murphy got robbed. Majorly so! He was AWESOME, man!

Fact is, Eddie Murphy got robbed, largely.

No, he didn't; he deserved to win the Oscar the least.

Dude, Eddie Murphy gave the performance of A LIFETIME! He was the best in that category, by far. I hated Arkin in Sunshine.

It wasn't mind-bendingly awesome, but it was the best compared to the other roles in that same category.

No, he definitely wasn't. Jackie Earle Haley was. Did you even see LITTLE CHILDREN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"