`89 Elfman Interview

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Danny Elfman interview from 1989. Or possibly January 1990. They mention Oscar nominations, which sadly, Elfman did not get.

[YT]-7w1LkMHsUw[/YT]

He should have gotten that Oscar nomination at least... still one of the best scores in the past 20 years of film-scoring.

Bravo Mr Elfman!!

also... ''I'm also doing the theme for a show called 'The Simpsons'... wonder how that turned out lol! :woot:

Nice find! I'm still surprised that he didn't get an Oscar nod for Batman; no, it's not usually the kind of movie that gets a score nomination, but then neither was Star Wars really, and Batman was such an unusual and memorable piece of work. Oh well...Also, it's a kick to hear him mentioning The Simpsons there, and referring to it as "an offshoot of The Tracey Ullman Show."

Elfman not getting the nomination is even more shocking when you realize that he won a Grammy for it. So, his score was good enough for the Grammys but not the Oscars? :huh:

Wow is it sad to say I am a fan of Oingo Boingo(herd from Donnie Darko) and I didn't know he was the singer? :( lol but what is Elfman doing today besides the ear thing he has (read it somewhere)

what is Elfman doing today besides the ear thing he has (read it somewhere)

His music is a lot of places, he's done scores of movie scores.
He did BTAS, that was back when.

Elfman not getting the nomination is even more shocking when you realize that he won a Grammy for it. So, his score was good enough for the Grammys but not the Oscars? :huh:

Must be a Batman thing, because TDK also wasn't nominated for that Oscar, but won a Grammy for it. :huh:

Conspiracy confirmed!

Shirley Walker rearranged Elfman's theme, Elfman didn't contribute to the show directly as far as I'm aware. And most recently, he did the score for Terminator: Salvation.

Shirley Walker rearranged Elfman's theme, Elfman didn't contribute to the show directly as far as I'm aware.

He did. The theme heard during the opening and closing credits was composed by Elfman specifically for the show. Everything else was Walker and a few other composers.

[YT]m-u07UEDT5I[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"