"Identify Thine Self" Part 2: Forum Role Call

gerbstat said:
Now now, girls, let's watch the sexist comments...

Just evening up the score around here....thats all...:cool:

sanitized.jpg

SHH Code Name: FOG3

Real Name (Optional): Kevin

Sex: Male

Age (Optional): 22

Hobbies: movies, music, superheroes

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Thing and DOOM

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? on and mostly off (unfortunately) since the early 90s cartoon. Read the first Milestone recently and it was great.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: The makers not learning from the first movie's mistakes

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: A more "Doom" Doom, Silver Surfer(derrr), possible Galactus, and, of course, MORE FOUR!

SHH Code Name: Mr Lex Luthor

Real Name (Optional): James

Age (Optional): Hint: it's an even number

Hobbies: Reading comics, watching movies and surfing the 'Net

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Human Torch and Invisible Woman

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?: Never read any. Though, I'm thinking about getting into UFF.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Silver Surfer looking too fake and the sequel not improving from the original

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: More Doctor Doom, but much improved and closer to the comic Doom. More teamwork and FF fightings. Silver Surfer. More Thing.

SHH Code Name: GhostPoet

Sex: Yes..wait.....ok yeah. I am.

Age (Optional): 28

Hobbies: Gaming, comics, comic script writing, movies and TV

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Human Torch

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?: Off and on for a few years. Read some UFF as well.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Not much hero based action. And Galactus not looking cool.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Silver Surfer and seeing Mr Fantastic in super action.

SHH Code Name: CaptainStacy

Hobbies: Comics, movies, animation, action figures, Pro and college football.

Fave FF character: Currently The Thing, although i've loved them all at different times for different reasons.

How Long Reading FF: Not really sure. My older brother taught me to read as a toddler with Marvel comics (FF, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hulk).

Biggest Concerns About The FF Sequel: That Fox is more concerned with making a quick buck than presenting the source material in a respectful manner.

Looking Forward To: Silver Surfer and FF vs Galactus! More little cameos and eye-candy for us fanboys (and gals), like Stan as Willie Lumpkin in the first movie.

SHH Code Name: Wobbly

Sex: Not as often as I'd like...

Age (Optional): 38

Occupation: Sitting about in an office wishing I was doing something else.

Hobbies: Illegal in certain states.

Who is your fave Fantastic Four character(s): The Thing :thing:

How long have you been reading Fantastic Four ccomics?: Since the mid 70's.

What are your biggest concerns about The Fantastic Four Sequel?: Too much of what was done wrong (imo) in the first film being done again here.

What are you looking forward to seeing in this sequel?: The thing decking the Silver Surfer and Reed bluffing Galactus with a glorified tv remote.

Perhaps I'm too late, but still, I can never resist these things.

SHH Code Name: Mrs. Fantastic

Real Name (Optional): What? That is my real name!

Sex: Female

Age (Optional): As old as my gums, and a little older than my teeth.

Hobbies: Music, knitting, writing

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Mr. Fantastic, of course. I'm not fickle.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I have never read the Fantastic Four comics.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Too little production time.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: More of Mr. F. being a leader and all that.

Mrs. F.

SHH Code Name: Spider-Fan930

Real Name (Optional): Eric

Age (Optional): 19 (20 in Sept.)

Hobbies: Movies, comics, music, uncovering the mysteries of life

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I'd say Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic. Their rivalry is one of the greatest in comics.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Lets see...around 12 years

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That FOX is gonna drop the ball on the Silver Surfer and Galactus, thus destroying the cosmic section of Marvel on film. The cosmic section is probably my favorite part of the Marvel U, and I'd hate to see it get messed up right off the bat. Also concerned that Doom won't be fixed, but at least it is sounding better right now.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The evolution of the characters, Alicia get expanded upon (she was practically a blip in FF), a hopefully improved Doom, and if they are done right, GALACTUS AND HIS HERALD THE SILVER SURFER!!!!

SHH Code Name: RedIsNotBlue

Real Name (Optional): Chad

Sex: Male or insert cliche joke

Age (Optional): 19

Hobbies: Breathing, sleeping, movies, drinking coffee, playing poker and shooting pool, and making that money

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Victor Von Doom. Badassssssss.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? When I was a kid I read a bunch of random comics. Fantastic Four happened to be some of them. I read a comic every once in a while these days but it has been a while since a FF one.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: The same as always. FOX. Rushed schedule being the main thing especially if were are getting huge characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The more evolved version of Doom. Galactus. Maybe the awesome Willie Lumpkin trying out for the Fantastic Four? :)

SHH Code Name: Gambitfire

Real Name (Optional): Pablo...i mean Remy

Age (Optional): 19 or 20 depends :p

Country: Miami FL, USA aka Little Cuba....:eek: :( (no im not cuban)

Hobbies: Comic books, books, movies, Art (any kind really), hanging out :)

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Sue and Reed

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? i read it during it the 90's Marvel craze, then i lost track and now i barely keep up.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: that the characters will be overshadowed by the extent of the crisis in the movie (All this army talk worries me a little, im having bad Hulk Flashback :p). After that im worried the movie will Flop and everything else :p.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Silver Surfer. More Johnny and Ben comedy/teamup moments. More Sue and Reed Romantic caring moments. A WONDERFUL ENDING HINT OF FRANKLIN!!!! :D

SHH Code Name: IncredibleJeff:cool:

Hobbies: Drawing,Surfing the net.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Mr.Fantastic,I think he does'nt get enough respect

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? 2004

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I'll get back to that question
What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:Doom vs Reed(hopefully)

Lightning Strikez! said:
fantascg1.jpg

"Identify Thine Self" Part 2
Hype Forum Yearbook

When this forum debuted over two years ago, a band of users formed the nucleus of what would become one the Hype's coolest and most passionately diverse boards. Several mainstays made a serious impact in these parts i.e. Hunter Rider, JMAfan, Iron Maiden, Surfergirl, Malus, Herr Logan, Willie Lumpkin, Captain Stacy, Ratcrawler, Zer00, Grog, CoolAsIce, Kmack, Dragon, GoblinScrier, Fantastic-Boy, VictorVonDoomX, Franklin Richards, HeadOnColliders, SaintofKillers, Wilhelm Scream, Threshold, Retroman, The Milkman, The Ioan Sisters, CCONN, The Julian Fan-Band, Lockjaw, Dog Lips, Killgore, Obi-Wan, Wobbly, RedisNotBlue...just to name a few. ;) Many of us were older (in our 30s and up), but we also had a nice balance of youngins in the mix too.

Looking back, this place teemed with debate over issues ranging from the importance of the Thing's brow, to the ethnicity of the actors, to all things Doom. We had fights. We made up. We had laughs. We shed tears. Yet despite our differerences in opinions--one thing united all of us: our desire to get a good F4 film.

Well, my fellow Hypesters--once again, here we are: at the threshold of the next Fantastic Four film production process...are you ready? :cool: Tracking the first film was like riding a rollercoaster--and now we're mounting up the next hill. Once again, time is going to fly around here (and drag on at other times) as we wait for our beloved four to return next summer. And once again we'll be disecting each new tidbit, making polls, and musing over production stills. There will be much to discuss indeed.

So with all that sappiness said (and in keeping with 2004's original "Identify Thine Self" thread), let's reintroduce ourselves so that both old and new forum members can get to know the new power players for 2006/2007. :cool:

I'll introduce myself...

SHH Code Name: Lightning Strikez!

Real Name (Optional): Caliph

Age (Optional): This Side Of 30

Hobbies: Bodybuilding, web junkifying, and drawing

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Though I love them all, I have a slightly greater affinity for the Invisible Woman and The Human Torch.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Started collecting around 1981.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: There are several, but my biggest revolves around possible studio micromanagement of the project, production timing, and not giving the director and writers greater creative control.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! I want to see the Family of Four evolve on all levels. I want to see Doctor Doom finally reach the full glory he was despicably denied in the first film. And I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the Silver Surfer in action. So far, much of what I've heard sounds good.

*passing the mic*

As someone who has spent a long time lurking here, i can honestly say i agree with most of ypur list Lightning...but seriously, "Herr Logan"???

All that guy ever did was call his fellow posters derogatory names like "pleblian", "apologists", and "sheep", if they disagreed with his views on the movie....

Having him on a list with all the others is just wrong imo...

You must be a very forgiving soul...unfortunately. I'M not.

SpiderScream said:
As someone who has spent a long time lurking here, i can honestly say i agree with most of ypur list Lightning...but seriously, "Herr Logan"???

All that guy ever did was call his fellow posters derogatory names like "pleblian", "apologists", and "sheep", if they disagreed with his views on the movie....

Having him on a list with all the others is just wrong imo...

You must be a very forgiving soul...unfortunately. I'M not.

I think if you asked anyone on that list you would get the answer that we believe he should be on the list. HL and I had several debates, and sometimes he irritated the hell out of me. BUT he had an opinion and rather or not I agreed with it was not the point. He was reprimanded for the name-calling.......done. :)

JMAfan said:
I think if you asked anyone on that list you would get the answer that we believe he should be on the list. HL and I had several debates, and sometimes he irritated the hell out of me. BUT he had an opinion and rather or not I agreed with it was not the point. He was reprimanded for the name-calling.......done. :)

You always set a good example JMAfan.

I still say that guy should have been permanently banned though.

Sorry I have been a bit lazy about getting around to this so here goes...

SSH Code Name: Iron Maiden... for the curious my name comes from a villaness in Wally Wood's "Thunder Agents". She was a female character with a suit of armor similar to Doctor Doom's.

Real Name (Optional): Deborah

Sex: Female

Age (Optional): Old enough to be your eccentric Auntie

Hobbies: Comics, Movies, Gardening, Big Game Hunting (just kidding), stalking Julian McMahon (well, maybe not kidding!!:D )

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Sue is my favorite of the group, and of course a certain Latverian n'er do well. I think the comics needs to get the Sue back from the Byrne and Claremont era. I know I may get ripped up for mentioning Claremont's FF but I think she just had a bigger role when he was writing the book than she has recently. And I also liked Valeria Von Doom, the teen-ager Claremont brought into the book.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Well now I can't hide the truth. I first got a copy of the FF from a neighborhood friend ... we traded to get FF#40 "Battle of the Baxter Building" in around 1965 I think. Actually, I used a time machine to get it.. yeah! that's it... a time machine! I'm really 23 y'know.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel:
Good question...same as a lot of people. Too much input from the suits who really don't know anything about the FF or Doom for that matter. I am also worried that the Silver Surfer may not be the big deal that he is to comic book fans and not appeal to movie goers. The implied lack of a final script from recent reports and the very aggressive shooting and preparation schedule required to meet the June 2007 release date. A script writer who's new release is "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". I better quit because I want to stay positive for Willie's sake.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: A nude scene by Juli....no wait that's another show. I want to see more of the Johnny and Ben I saw in the first movie. They were great together. I want to have that sense of fun stay in the movie. Movies based on comic books don't have to be all dark and nihilistic. That's not Lee and Kirby's FF... there should be a sense of adventure. The FF were always the ones to discover new universes like the Negative Zone or to uncover the existence of the Skrulls, the Inhumans, Prestor John, the Hidden Ones, Ego the living planet, the race of Watchers and a sentient mathematical entity. The FF took us to Atlantis, Latveria, Wakanda, the Great Refuge, the Microverse, the Negative Zone and the Blue Area of the Moon.

I want to see Reed step up and be the leader that he is in the comics. He reached that stage by the end of the movie but he should be more in charge in the sequel, even to the point where he may cause a little friction in the group. Reed and Sue should be married at some point during the movie, maybe save it til the end or for the opening scene of part 3.

Now if they get Reed right, they can revisit the rivalry between him and Victor, with no mention of the fizzled romantic triangle. I want to see Victor credited as being Reed's intellectual equal. I want to see Victor back in Latveria taking up the reins of government. And I want to see a Silver Surfer that lives up to the sense of mystery and power that he had in his first appearance.

SHH Code Name: GoblinScrier

Real Name (Optional): Chris

Age (Optional): 26

Hobbies: Comic book collecting, all things Dr. Doom, Godzilla, horror movies, science fiction movies, 80s nostlagia (i.e. He-Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, MASK, GIJOE, Dino-Riders), Heavy Metal especially Alice Cooper, Nintendo

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I would have to say I can't pick a favorite...I love all 4 equally. However, I obsess over Doctor Doom over all characters and I have the F4 to thank for that.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Started collecting around 1992.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I hope that in the time they are given, that everything is not rushed, but a lot of thought put into it. I hope characterizations are not butchered (i.e. Silver Surfer is Kirby not Ultimate, Galactus is the titan, not a squad of enormous ships)

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! First thing for me is the perfect portrayal of Dr. Victor Von Doom (monarch, genius, etc.). Give me the perfect 616 version of Doom, cursing Richards and his family, and his beloved kingdom of Latveria with a castle and everything. Boris would be nice as well as his army of robots. I want to see the Silver Surfer as a tormented soul who ends up defying his master and siding with Earth (bonus points if Doom takes on the Surfer and absorbs his power cosmic). I want to see Reed and Sue already married or getting ready to marry. Hints of Franklin perhaps? I want to see Johnny continue to be the lady killer and of course Ben and Alicia advancing their relationship.

SpiderScream said:
You always set a good example JMAfan.

I still say that guy should have been permanently banned though.

LOL, some around here would probably argue with you on that one...:o :)

JMAfan said:
LOL, some around here would probably argue with you on that one...:o :)

Some around here would probably argue that there aren't 13 letters in "Fantastic Four".
lol.gif

Willie Lumpkin said:
Some around here would probably argue that there aren't 13 letters in "Fantastic Four".
lol.gif

True....:)

Willie Lumpkin said:
lol.gif
There's 14!! The space counts!! :mad::mad::mad:

But if you spell it Fantastic 4, then theres only 11 counting the space....

hmmmm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"