"Identify Thine Self" Part 2: Forum Role Call

Iron Maiden said:
:up: The longer than 2 hr running time doesn't seem to be hurting POTC:Dead Man's Chest.

For my family it did...:o zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SHH Code Name: Robin91939

Real Name (Optional): Dan

Sex: Male

Age (Optional): 18

Hobbies: Baseball, Swimming, Sports, Movies, Comics, etc.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Jonny Storm is my favorite, although in the movies Jessica Alba is amazing :)

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I've read some of the trades. Not many of the current issues, I have some of the older issues from the 80's "What if's" though.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel:
I hope it takes the dangers at stake a little more seriously tan FANTASTIC FOUR did. I'd really like to see Doom more in the shadows in a throne in Latveria, thinking he is all powerful, running the lives of the Fantastic Four since we last saw them, only to realize his power is nothing compared to what the herald of Galactus- Silver Surfer comes to tell us.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:I really cannot wait to see the effects of Silver Surfer, and not to mention again- ALBA.

-R

SHH Code Name: Drakon

Real Name (Optional): Dave

Age (Optional): 22

Hobbies: Comics, Movies, Video Games, Writing

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): By and Far, I'd have to say Ben/Thing. Growing up disabled, I know what it was like to kind of be an outcast.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I'd say around 1992 or so?

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I think my biggest worry will be the studio trying to make it TOO "user friendly" for lack of a better term. Sacrificing too much, or something too big, just to make the movie more accessible to lukewarm fans.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: I think my biggest desire is just to see more of the same with the family. I'm also looking forward to not seeing Alba. :p

Iron Maiden said:
:up: The longer than 2 hr running time doesn't seem to be hurting POTC:Dead Man's Chest.

very true,it's raking in the moolah,attention soans aren't in as bad a shape as Fox wants to believe

The longer than 2 hr running time doesn't seem to be hurting POTC:Dead Man's Chest.Yesterday 01:08 PM
JMAfan said:
For my family it did...:o zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I took my kids to see it for their first drive-in experience. Despite that added excitement, by the end of the first 80 minutes or so they were asking when it was going to be over. My little boy (age 5) was super-hyped to see it, and still runs around playing "Captain Jack," but unlike every other kid-friendly movie in memory (FF, Cars, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, etc) he hasn't asked once to see it again.
Fortunately for Disney, both my kids are interested to see how Captain Jack survives for the next film.

Malus said:
The longer than 2 hr running time doesn't seem to be hurting POTC:Dead Man's Chest.Yesterday 01:08 PM
I took my kids to see it for their first drive-in experience. Despite that added excitement, by the end of the first 80 minutes or so they were asking when it was going to be over. My little boy (age 5) was super-hyped to see it, and still runs around playing "Captain Jack," but unlike every other kid-friendly movie in memory (FF, Cars, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, etc) he hasn't asked once to see it again.
Fortunately for Disney, both my kids are interested to see how Captain Jack survives for the next film.

Are you kidding, I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS MOVIE I COULDN'T SEE STRAIGHT. It was my must see, if I don't see anything else movie for Summer 2006......and yes after a 2.30 hype for the 3rd movie.....I am sufficiently hyped for #3 in 2007....:)

SHH Code Name: Asteroid-Man

Real Name (Optional): Joe

Age (Optional): 14

Hobbies: Bodybuilding, drawing, soccer, electronic stuff

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The thing then the human torch

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I dunno, cant remember

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I just want them to get closer to the comics, not as boring as the first

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! I want to see the Family of Four evolve on all levels. I want to see Doctor Doom finally reach the full glory he was despicably denied in the first film. And I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the Silver Surfer in action. All like Lightning said AND I wanna see Galactus or ATLEAST a hint at him

SHH Code Name: webhead731

Real Name (Optional): lol. No.

Age (Optional): 15

Hobbies: Drawing, making movies, making manips, being here, watching TV, playing games and hanging out with friends

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): They're all cool but Human Torch is my favorite

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since like around 2000.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Acting, it being corny, if they can make the villains cool and that's about it.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Seeing them again with family problems, the more "Doom-like" Dr. Doom, action, new villains and pretty much everything else.

SHH Code Name: Jamie Madrox

Real Name (Optional): Eric

Age (Optional): 26

Hobbies: Creating my own Superheroes

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? 1987

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Not enough info to say at this time.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: There isn't enough info about it yet to say.

Malus said:
Listen, the word is damn with an "n," okay?

Sigh. You think I like being the spell-check nazi?

You love it and you know it :o

:D :p

Just a reminder.....

........Put your bio in here....and I'll transfer it over to the sticky thread every week or so.

SHH Code Name: Maxwinner

Real Name (Optional): Maximilian

Age (Optional): 14

Hobbies: Movies, Comics, Music

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s):
Human Torch

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?

since 1995 I think

Don't know...

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:
Silver Surfer :D

SHH Code Name: The Shadow Cat

Real Name (Optional): Stephanie

Sex: Yes, please. Oh, sorry, that wasn't what you were looking for was it? I'm a woman

Age (Optional): Old enough to need to color my hair, but young enough to still get away with it.:oldrazz:

Occupation: Trained to be a photographer, currently being a stay at home mom

Hobbies: Bicycling, reading, writing, crocheting, games of all kinds.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Human Torch.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I've never read a single one.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That'll it will be all flash and bang and no substance. So sue me, I want a plot.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: If I'm lucky and my prayers are answered, Doug Jones wearing a bright shiney costume and flying around on a surf board.:woot:

>^^<

SHH Code Name: GNR4Life

Real Name (Optional): Billie

Sex: Dude

Age (Optional): 21

Hobbies: sports,hanging out,reading,movies

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Reed and Sue,but really,all 4

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Read the first arc of Ultimate F4 by Bendis/Millar,have been reading Ultimate F4 since Millar came on at #21(check out his run if you haven't,kickass stuff)

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel:I enjoyed the first,it was everything I expected.No social commentary or deep underlying messages,just a nice origin/superhero tale.All I want is for the filmmakers to explore their relationships more and show them as a real family.
Doom has to be ultra-dangerous now that he's transformed.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:More team action,Doom,the Surfer,and a possible Galactus

SHH Code Name: Hellmistress

Real Name (Optional): Helen Chavez

Sex: A much as possible. My gender is self explanatory.

Age (Optional): I'm old enough to be windswept and interesting, with just a smidgin of eccentric.

Hobbies: History (military or otherwise), reading, music, cinema, collecting film memorabilia, and running Doug Jones' official site when I have a moment or two to spare :D

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Thing.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Read 'em when I was a Young 'Un, but now re-reading them with relish.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That the studios decide the film has to be bigger, noisier and full of so much CG that it detracts from anything worthwhile in the rest of the film. I want F4 FAMILY and a decent plot.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter if Doug wasn't playing The Surfer - there is nothing I would like more, because I think he'll be bloody brilliant. But other than that, I just want to see a decently scripted film that at least bears a passing resemblance to the comics, and still has that warmth and comradship they embody, despite everything that happens to them.

SHH Code Name: Inhuman63

Real Name (Optional): Anthony

Age (Optional): 40's

Hobbies: Reading, writing, traveling and trying to get a avatar

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Invisible Woman and the Thing

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Starting reading around issue 129. Read many back issues, haven't read as many recent.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Too much of a comedy

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything but specifically how the story line is going to be handled.

SSH Code Name: _Qwerty_, but you can just call me Qwerty.

Hobbies: Cartooning, comics, films

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s):The Thing, Doctor Doom

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?: I don't buy many comics. The only FF comic I have read is Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I have knowledge of the FF characters.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That it will be like the first movie, a mediocre film that didn't bother trying to be a great movie, but instead a profitable franchise.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: When the original FF was in production Tim Story claimed how much of a fan he is and said that he fought to get the film as close to the comics as possible. Hopefully with the success of the first film Story has more say on how to do things, and hopefully he is as big a fan as he claims.

SHH Code Name: Victorvondoomx

Hobbies: Reading everything

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): On the team...Really it varies between Ben & Reed, depending on the writing... but overall...DOOM

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since I was 9... so thirty years...every month

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Will it SUCK as bad as the first (and not simply by being untrue to characterization. The whole project was flawed...character development, plot, set-up, suspension of disbelief, dialog, climax...it was just CRAP)

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

oh holy jesus take me out of the first post

SHH Code Name: The Dude

Real Name (Optional): Cal

Age (Optional): 16

Hobbies: Comics, movies, playing and listening to music, and finding ways to combine the three

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s):The Thing, with Reed being a close second. I never fit in when I was younger, so I understand Ben's pain he feels, but yet at the same time the feeling of friendship and family that makes up the Fantastic Four. And Reed because the dude's too smart for his own good.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since I could read. Even before then I would gawk at the art.

That they won't take it seriously and again try to reinvent the wheel, particually as they did with Doom.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Special Effects, Silver Surfer, and hopefully ARMORED MONARCH DOOM

SHH Code Name: ThanosOfTitans

Real Name (Optional): Jeffrey

Age (Optional): 21

Hobbies: comics, movies, videogames, bowling, swimming, card games

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Invisible Woman

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since 1995

The Silver Surfer and Galactus being handled wrong and looking corny on the big screen.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Dr. Doom's return/new look, Galactus, and Reed Richards taking a more aggressive leadership role.

:doom:

SHH Code Name: multiplesantas (Villain from The Tick cartoon - coming to DVD on August 29th...FINALLY!)

Real Name (Optional): NA

Age (Optional): The Far Side Of 30

Hobbies: Anything outdoors (biking, running etc.)

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Thing, hands down.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since my dad bought me my first FF to keep me quiet on our trip to Disney World (1976).

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: None. I typically take these movies for what they are..entertainment. I don't have time to worry if they follow every little detail, it's just cool to finally see my favorite comic in the movies.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! Silver Surfer and the addition of Andre Braugher who happens to be a GREAT actor. If you don't believe me, watch any episode of Homicide: Life on the Streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"