A Prayer for the dying

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok here is the first chapter,it's done partly in flashback to give you an idea of who the main character is,hope y'all like:yay:

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Cmill looked into the mirror,his cold dead eyes stared back,in the bed behind him lay two girls,the blonde one ruffled her hair as she slid to the side of the bed,Cmill closed his eyes and it was June 5th 2001 again and he was fastening his daughter Sophie into her seat in the back of the MPV......
Sophie:"Not to tight daddy"

Cmill:"you know i gotta make sure my angel is safe":cwink:

Sophie:"What about mommy she's your angel as well":yay:

Cmill:"Of course she is":cwink:

Cmill went to the drivers side and made like he was fastening his wifes seatbelt,she looked up at him and smiled

Cmill:"Kate will you be able to pick the groceries up ive gotta work late ?"

Kate:"Sure hon,no problem,my last class is 2 to 3 so i'll pick up Sophie and then get the shopping,will you make it home for dinner ?"

Cmill:
"Of course i wouldn't miss it.......are you cooking ?"

Kate:
"Hey im getting better":p

Cmill:"Of course sweetie but were getting take out right ?":woot:

Kate:"Maybe"

She laughed and the MPV pulled out of the drive and Kate headed off for work......It would be the last time Cmill would see either of them

Later that afternoon Cmill received a call telling him his Wife and daughter had been killed,seemingly by a carjacker......his mind raced through all the things he had been told from the time he took the job he had,never ever get attached,those closest will always pay........

Cmill had grown up on the lower east side of Chicago,his father was an ******* of a man,not the classic drunk with no job type just a complete scumbag who cheated on and beat Cmill's mother when he got upset about any little thing......At the age of 18 Cmill shot him dead to stop him hurting his mother any further,he was sentenced to 10 years in prison due to the circumstances

While he was in Prison C Lee a director of a splinter branch of the NSA came to see him with an offer,in the investigation the officers had said Cmill had showed composure despite what he had done and the one shot was amazingly accurate for someone with no training.......this was the kind of Raw meat C Lee liked to work with,a natural killer perhaps

Cmill took the deal and he simply disappeared out of the prison system with any record of his existence being wiped
For the next 4 years he trained under C Lee and became the deadliest killer that had been through the NSA's hands in many a year
His career as a problem solver for the government had went without a hitch for 2 years and his cover as computer salesman had been a fun experience,
it was where he met Kate who was ordering a batch of PC's for her school,she was a teacher at westview in California and the 2 hit it off
The relationship moved fast and against C Lee's advice Cmill married Kate 6 months after they met and their daughter Sophie came along a year later....While never standing in the way C Lee told Cmill it was a mistake for a man like him to play happy families........he was right although the cops could never prove it the death of Kate and Sophie was a hit

Cmill buried his daughter and wife and never shed a tear at the funeral.......immediately after he pulled C Lee aside

Cmill:"I want a name and i want to know what is gonna be done"

C Lee:"What's gonna be done ? this isn't schoolyard rules kid this is the game you chose to be in and i warned you to never get attached"

Cmill:"What about Kate and Sophie ?"

C Lee:
"........Collateral damage"

Cmill grabbed C Lee by the throat and threw him to the floor

Cmill:"Don't for one second think i won't snap your neck and bury you in one of these graves without blinking old man.....I want a name"

C Lee:
"There is no name,it was the Colombian Cartels,they found out that you had taken out their baggage men on the last 5 jobs,this was a message,it was all the families that run the cartels,there is no name,this business is all about faceless plausible deniability"

Cmill:
"That's enough info for me to do what i need to do"

C Lee:"How the hell are you gonna go about this ? there isn't anyone for you to go and put a bullet in Cmill,,,,,,,,,,what are you gonna do kill them all ?"

Cmill:"Old saying goes that if you throw enough rocks in a crowd you'll hit someone guilty"

C Lee:"Another old saying is when seeking revenge first dig two graves"

Cmill:"I'm already dead"

C Lee:"What are you gonna do"

Cmill:
"The only thing i was ever meant to"

Cmill walked over to the double grave where Kate and Sophie were buried,knelt down and put his hand on the gravestone

Cmill:"Don't watch me now my angels"

With that he walked away from any form of life he had known for the past decade.......

In the hotel room a hand touched him on the shoulder,it was the latina girl from the bed

Latina:"So what we doing today pappi ?"

Cmill turned with a blank look on his face

Cmil:
"you seem to be under the mistaken impression i have any more use for you than what we did last night......get out"

the two girls looked at each other....Cmill stared at them with a look that could chill the devil.......

Cmill:"Did i stutter ?"

they grabbed their stuff and hurried out the hotel room

Cmill flipped open his laptop and there was a message waiting,he opened it,it was a job offer,since his departure from the NSA he had become an assassin for hire.......world known as the iceman for his coolness under pressure and the coldest eyes to ever pull a trigger

He opened the pic attachment of the target and for the first time in 6 years emotion entered his eyes.

To Be Continued..........

Great Start Hunter, can't wait for more. :up:

Excellent use of flashback, my man.

biglogojd0.jpg

Great start, can't wait to see how I play into this. :)

ok Im hooked.

More please.:woot:

thats really good :up:

It's like watching a TV show. Except. You don't have enough to chew on to hold you over until the next chapter. :( Can't wait to read more badass stuff dude.

Pure awesomeness hunter:up: Can't wait for more:)

I'm not sure what that means but there would have been a chapter today only i got sidetracked,one up tomorrow for sure;)

Am I gonna bang a hottie* in the next chapter? :mad:

* = really attractive woman and not Dominic. :cmad:

lol no but you do get to kill ppl and be badass,there may be some banging later:ninja::woot:

Alright,tomorrow. :up:
Brodie hasn't continued his story in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"