A question for Atheists

Hell do i know.. its also missing one line.. (Childbirth 2,500 )

EDIT: 2005 and is from the US goverment
Cool, thanks. It'd be interesting to see stats from countries like Africa as well...I have some searching to do. :woot:

God doesn't give people AIDS - people give people AIDS. However, God does allow for disease, hunger, need, want. If He didn't this would be Heaven, we have to die before we can get to Heaven. All the horrible things we have to deal with here are part of the test of our spirit and faith. Adam and Eve caused mankind to be cast out of Heaven, Jesus gave us the way back in... but the journey between is long and hard. Yes there are things that are not fair, right or just - however, God tried giving mankind the easy way out and we refused it, now we have to show Him we can learn and change.

Alright, so by that logic, your god created man to be curious, correct? Then, he gives them free will. Okay? Then, he says, you can do anything you want in this garden. But wait! Don't eat from the Tree of Knowledge! But why?
No reason, just don't do it. It's like your god wants mankind to undo itself.

Ok, Squeek... you go out and have gay "relations" and we'll see what happens.

After we die, if I'm right and you're wrong, you owe me a fiver.
Not sure how the Devil will get it up to Heaven, but maybe there some sort of inter-dimensional postal system. I hope so, because I want to be sending pictures to all the sinners suffering of what a good time they're missing.

It's exactly this sort of pious, holier-than-thou, can't-wait-for-people-who-don't-share-my-beliefs-to-suffer sort of attitude that turns people off from Christianity. Congratulations on going directly against your Lord's wishes of wanting to attract people into the flock rather than scare them away from it. I'm sure he'll take that into consideration when it's your time to answer to him. ;)

jag

You guys haven't gotten that Winslow's not...serious, right?

Sure, the original cuase of AIDS was for the gays, but since we accept them, we must all now suffer. That's tough love for you, but God is trying to make a point. And, I'd say it's coming through loud and clear.
Don't for second tell me you believe God is all powerful (which He is) but that AIDS is some accident that wasn't created by Him. ALL things were, don't you know?
No one knows where HIV/AIDS comes from other then "Africa", and it wasn't until the late 70's that its started festering in the gay community's..

Not sure how the Devil will get it up to Heaven, but maybe there some sort of inter-dimensional postal system. I hope so, because I want to be sending pictures to all the sinners suffering of what a good time they're missing.

Sure, the original cuase of AIDS was for the gays, but since we accept them, we must all now suffer. That's tough love for you, but God is trying to make a point. And, I'd say it's coming through loud and clear.
Don't for second tell me you believe God is all powerful (which He is) but that AIDS is some accident that wasn't created by Him. ALL things were, don't you know?

So, God created sin.

Also, isn't it a sin to standby and watch people suffer when you have the ability to stop it (and quite easily, mind you)?

What I get from your post is that your god is a Sadist who creates imperfect beings, tricks them into violating rules he made up, then revels in torturing them for such. :up:

And it seems you would like to gloat at your own achievements (send pictures of heaven to those in hell) which if I remember correctly is sinful as well. (Pride, anyone?)

Your arguments are arrogant and full of holes.

Edit: And, if you're not serious, you should be a comedic impersonator, because you've got a lot of people spot-on.

It's where all the cool people on the Hype (except jag and musclesforsupes) go to take a breather from the entertaining but sometimes overwhelming stupidity on the Hype.

ok. are you going to give me the golden ticket and let me know the name of the site or are you playing coy?

I'm not a troll, I'm a human being, and I have feelings.
and my mom always said I was loveable and capable.

Excuse me for being perhaps too tongue in cheek in my humor (God gave gays aids?! God loves us?!?! wtf?!?!)... I suppose it's just hard for me to debate religious beliefs seriously on the Superhero Hype! message boards.

From now on I pledge to focus on topics involving Batman's new suit and whether Harrison Ford is too old to play Indy.

I love superheoroes and movies! don't be mad!

:heart:

p.s. if you're still annoyed by my previous posts, just picture that I'm a hot blonde with big boobs. it helps.

Can I play with your blood? :)

jag

Alright, so by that logic, your god created man to be curious, correct? Then, he gives them free will. Okay? Then, he says, you can do anything you want in this garden. But wait! Don't eat from the Tree of Knowledge! But why?
No reason, just don't do it. It's like your god wants mankind to undo itself.

Wasnt that Al Pacino's monologue at the end of The Devil's Advocate?

Wilhelm scream, you're thinking about things so one-dimensionally... you assume these things are punishments, when in fact it's proven time and time again that suffering builds the character of Godliness. God loves us, but He has to test us... He doesn't want riff-raff up in Heaven messing things up ... He's got to make sure you can hold your own. Not be raping people and stuff... molesting children and killing people and stuff... can you imagine that going on in Heaven? It would undermine His power. Because once you get into Heaven, it looks really bad if you get sent down to Hell.. So, yeah, He's got to test you.

Unless you've been reformed by prison and prayer, you have to go to the Devil, who's into that kind of stuff... only not as punishment, as pleasure. But, he kinda helps God out, in a way, because he's so evil that even though you did the stuff he likes, he'll still mess you up good. Forever.
Imagine that, pain FOREVER. Like... a human life... that's not long. The rising and falling of the mountains over a thousand years? Nothing compared to forever. You can't comprehend forever anymore than you can comprehend infinity, what's beyond the edge of the universe... God. And the Devil, in a way, but he's underground.

See, you go through all these hardships in life so that you can just relax in Heaven...and just be in Peace everlasting. It's kinda like a job, only one that you have for your personal life! And the big boss is God. It's hard, no kidding :) but the rewards... think of the rewards - after you die! You've got to stop living in this moment, while you're alive, and instead just think about the future, after you're dead. Does that make sense?
Because when you're DEAD, is when things are going to get REALLY GREAT! If you're still in good with the Main Man.

Sure, rich people have got it pretty easy, yeah... but maybe God gives them cancer or something... or right before they die, they feel really lonely and sad about their lives of reckless sexual indulgence and selfishness! So sad that it's a worse feeling than any physical suffering you could imagine. And stuff is SO amazing in Heaven, the people that suffered more on Earth aren't bitter at the people who got it so easy. They just forgive and forget, because it's so great there. Who could stay mad about something like that? And God loves gays, definitely... that's why he gave them the biggest test of all - AIDS!

I sense a certain anger and defensiveness in your post, and that's because deep down in your heart of hearts...when you're alone in your bed, looking up at the ceiling... after pleasuring yourself... you cry silently and you pray to God for forgiveness. And He will always forgive you. Because He loves you. And there's still time to save your everlasting soul.

MovieFan knows what's up

that's seriously one of the funniest posts i've read all year.

I'm not a troll, I'm a human being, and I have feelings.
and my mom always said I was loveable and capable.

Excuse me for being perhaps too tongue in cheek in my humor (God gave gays aids?! God loves us?!?! wtf?!?!)... I suppose it's just hard for me to debate religious beliefs seriously on the Superhero Hype! message boards.

From now on I pledge to focus on topics involving Batman's new suit and whether Harrison Ford is too old to play Indy.

I love superheoroes and movies! don't be mad!

p.s. if you're still annoyed by my previous posts, just picture that I'm a hot blonde with big boobs. it helps.

Pride the worst of all mortal sins, looking down on others as if you have superior beliefs. Elliot said it best-

"Now is my way clear, now is the meaning plain:
Temptation shall not come in this kind again.
The last temptation is the greatest treason:
To do the right deed for the wrong reason."

Let's say you're right and all gays go to hell, all it basically means is that you for these statements go to a worse hell for the simple sin of feeling superior and righteous. Damn that sucks dude.

Do you celebrate Christmas and Easter? If yes why?

In my opinion as a Christian if you do not believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ then you shouldn’t celebrate his birth or the day he rose from the dead. There is no other reason to celebrate these holidays because they are Christian holidays not Secular.

Christmas = Party

I don't give a damn the religious meaning of the day. :o

...LOL.

See, whenever we discuss religion, it somehow always comes around to *******.

???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"