A question for Atheists

Tell her that I can only guess at her frustrations. This turned out to be a more difficult educational process than I'd anticipated. :(

jag

Look, it isn't my fault your damn flashcards don't do a better job of showing which is an "in" and which is an "out". :mad: I figure you keep picking random holes, you're gonna hit a winner sooner or later. :o

Look, it isn't my fault your damn flashcards don't do a better job of showing which is an "in" and which is an "out". :mad: I figure you keep picking random holes, you're gonna hit a winner sooner or later. :o

The saving grace is that I convinced you to go buy all that lube. Otherwise there's be some serious chafing and a very sore fiancee in the picture.

jag

The saving grace is that I convinced you to go buy all that lube. Otherwise there's be some serious chafing and a very sore fiancee in the picture.

jag

That's what all that stuff was for. *slaps forehead*

Pride the worst of all mortal sins, looking down on others as if you have superior beliefs. Elliot said it best-

"Now is my way clear, now is the meaning plain:
Temptation shall not come in this kind again.
The last temptation is the greatest treason:
To do the right deed for the wrong reason."

Let's say you're right and all gays go to hell, all it basically means is that you for these statements go to a worse hell for the simple sin of feeling superior and righteous. Damn that sucks dude.
Somebody's fallen a little behind. :csad:

It is statistics provided by the UN..
r402a1t1.gif

Yup.. Oral isn't safe! but it sure safer then Blood transfusion :p

I am not so sure these stats would hold up in Africa where the pandemic is the worst. I was under the impression that vast majoirty of AIDS there was spread thru prostitition and rape.

Ok, Squeek... you go out and have gay "relations" and we'll see what happens.

After we die, if I'm right and you're wrong, you owe me a fiver.
Not sure how the Devil will get it up to Heaven, but maybe there some sort of inter-dimensional postal system. I hope so, because I want to be sending pictures to all the sinners suffering of what a good time they're missing.

Sure, the original cuase of AIDS was for the gays, but since we accept them, we must all now suffer. That's tough love for you, but God is trying to make a point. And, I'd say it's coming through loud and clear.
Don't for second tell me you believe God is all powerful (which He is) but that AIDS is some accident that wasn't created by Him. ALL things were, don't you know?
My viewpoint of God and yours seems to be different. I do not see a punishing God, not like that. I was under the impression that the AIDS virus was caused by scientists in Africa using monkee syrum in a polio vaccine that normally used bovine syrum. The cross contamination came from us meddling with things, not God. It's a shame that you see God as being so hateful since I do not.

No one knows where HIV/AIDS comes from other then "Africa", and it wasn't until the late 70's that its started festering in the gay community's..
See the post above. It may have festered in the gay community at first but I do not believe that was its intended target. If that was so so many others wouldn't have it now. :(

...LOL.

See, whenever we discuss religion, it somehow always comes around to *******.

???
LOL, so very true. :D

Presents Vs No Presents... I wonder why I celebrate Christmas.

Forget that it's about the day Santa Clause rose from the grave, I get to eat turkey for 3 days straight. Glorious.

Presents Vs No Presents... I wonder why I celebrate Christmas.

Forget that it's about the day Santa Clause rose from the grave, I get to eat turkey for 3 days straight. Glorious.

I know. Tryptophan is natures chloroform. Therefore, Thanksgiving = date rape which is why I celebrate it. :o

As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living! So we all sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep.

I for one, don't want Jesus feasting on my flesh...that's why I celebrate Christmas!!!

Do you celebrate Christmas and Easter? If yes why?

In my opinion as a Christian if you do not believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ then you shouldn’t celebrate his birth or the day he rose from the dead. There is no other reason to celebrate these holidays because they are Christian holidays not Secular.

It's customary to celebrate Christmas. It has nothing to do with it's origins in religion. As for easter I don't know anyone that celebrates it for anything other than getting off of work.

that's why creepy uncle lew isn't invited to thanksgiving dinner at our house anymore. :csad:

You can't blame Uncle Lew for sneaking a little stinky pinky when the young boys are sleeping off the gravy and what-nots. :dry:

I’ve got nothing against Christmas because it’s mostly a capitalist funded holiday and most of the traditions are from pagan origins. I don’t celebrate Easter because it’s more religious and when it’s not treated as the resurrection of Christ it’s treated as a candy fest for children. So I’ve got no reason to celebrate it.

I just thought of something, and maybe this is a little late, but it's a thought from about three pages back that came too late: now, okay, if your view of your god is correct, then giving a whole race of people (black people...and I refuse to say "african-americans." It's a stupid PC connotation. See George Carlin's book "Brain Droppings" for why.) a medical vulnerability to a disease (sickle cell anemia) is just a "test." Right?

I just thought of something, and maybe this is a little late, but it's a thought from about three pages back that came too late: now, okay, if your view of your god is correct, then giving a whole race of people (black people...and I refuse to say "african-americans." It's a stupid PC connotation. See George Carlin's book "Brain Droppings" for why.) a medical vulnerability to a disease (sickle cell anemia) is just a "test." Right?
Exactly. :up:

As a Christian, I don't have a real issue with it. The time is about peace on Earth and good will towards men, which are feelings we should all harbour, and not just during Christmas.

Plus, anyone who knows history knows that Christ was most likely not born in December.

Honestly, in my opinion the hateful God is the one described in your bible, and by the majority of it's followers. As for those followers, there are exceptions, as with all things... I've met cool people who happened to be handicapped with a belief in God and the bible. But they worked through it, best they could. By looking on the bright side of things, and not burdening their intelligent friends with any attempts at "saving them" from their skeptical views on that dinosaur-bone-hiding-mularky.... (intelligent skepticism - something I think any God in His right mind should respect and not condemn to eternal suffering)

Maybe that stuff is true and I'm going to burn in hell forever... christ, I can only stand working out for like 30 minutes, so it's going to be a long hard haul. An eternity of shoveling burning coals and being molested by pitchfork wielding devils...Sorta like a never ending Blue Man Group show, only Red...and with pitchforks and more molestation. I don't think I'll be able to take it, man. But, I still can't force myself to believe in that hogwash... I hope God will understand. Besides, all the cool kids will be in Hell. Sure, there'll be some jerks like Hitler and Charles Manson, but at least there'll be alot more rockstars and artists than child-molesting priests and corrupt ego-maniacal politicians.

Look, I'll tell you the problem with God's power: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. He read what others had done and He took the next step. He didn't earn the knowledge for Himself, so He won't take any responsibility... for it. He stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as He could and before He even knew He had... He patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now He's selling it, He wants to sell it!

Hey, I'll admit it = I was overwhelmed by the power of the Lord; but I made a mistake, too. I didn't have enough respect for that power and it's out now. The only thing that matters now are the people we love: Bill Murray, Danny Elfman, that sax guy from 'America's Got Talent'....Laura Dern.... Squeek, they're out there where people are dying.

All hail Jeff Goldblum.

Tell me more about Chaos Theory, Jeff.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back