A Quiet Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I liked Moore as Bond, but he only had two truly great movies in his run; The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only.

....talking about Bond is refreshing after spending the last 6 hours drowning in the pool of human degeneracy that is Tiger King.

I don’t remember Dalton being nearly as stiff and/or charmless as he’s often described, but then it has been several years since I’ve watched his entries. I’m curious to see if my opinions on him will change on this rewatch.

I agree that Craig has pretty much all the attributes I’m looking for in a good Bond...save for his actual look. I just imagine Bond looking more like Dalton, Connery or Lazenby. I’d still say Craig’s my favorite, though, despite that.

With Dalton I think a big part of it is that his era was kind of a proto-Craig, in the sense that they seemed to be trying to amend the character’s womanising a bit and make him a little more straight laced. He comes across more driven and mission oriented than the others.

Watching For Your Eyes Only for the first time, and WTF was that prologue? Is that supposed to be the end of Blofeld?! I assume it had something to do with the legal issues going on with Kevin McClory at the time, but yeeeesh, that was shameful.

Despite the prologue, FYEO is probably the only Moore film I truly enjoy. Unpopular opinion, but TSWLM doesn't really do a lot for me.

Gotta say though, the stuntwork in the Moore era was really quite impressive.

Interesting fact, the score was done by Bill Conti of Rocky fame. And FYEO marks the return to beautiful English tailoring after Moore's WTF 70s looks:
For-Your-Eyes-Only-Light-Brown-Suit-2.jpg

FYEOGreyFlannel4.png

For-Your-Eyes-Only-Navy-Chalkstripe-Suit-2.jpg

I never bought Moore either beating people up or seducing all these women who looked like his granddaughters. Even Moore himself said the latter got sort of embarrassing especially in his later movies.

Watching For Your Eyes Only for the first time, and WTF was that prologue? Is that supposed to be the end of Blofeld?! I assume it had something to do with the legal issues going on with Kevin McClory at the time, but yeeeesh, that was shameful.
Yeah, it had to do with what the courts determined that McClory had exclusive rights to....so EON productions killed him off without calling out his name.

Just got back from shopping to pick up some supplies, was surprised how many don't wear gloves or wear face masks, saw one family with a kid going around the store with no gloves or masks

Trivia: the guy with his arm in the cast is Jeremy Bulloch....the man in the Boba Fett suit in Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

He also appears in a double unmasked role in Empire Strikes Back. He's the Imperial officer hauling Leia away while she's trying to warn Luke that it's a trap.

686a386bc7f027008495eea4d1c2c5d4.jpg

Just got back from shopping to pick up some supplies, was surprised how many don't wear gloves or wear face masks, saw one family with a kid going around the store with no gloves or masks
Most public health officials and experts in Canada actually promote hand washing over gloves because proper glove use may be too difficult for many and improper glove use just increases risks.

I wouldn't take my kid out shopping right now unless I had no choice. :(

I wouldn't take my kid out shopping right now unless I had no choice. :(

My boss gets pissed at how many people still treat a run to our little dollar store as a family outing, bringing along the kids (who of course run around touching everything) and even their frail old grandma on oxygen.

My boss gets pissed at how many people still treat a run to our little dollar store as a family outing, bringing along the kids (who of course run around touching everything) and even their frail old grandma on oxygen.
I get it that folks get bored, but you know, go for a walk, not to the store.

There's this website called inspirobot that generates random quotes and images.
wGJgVOm8eQ.jpg

XkP7Mo2rej.jpg
5keGb2gB6A.jpg

Last edited:
I see a lot of people at the store who are now at least wearing one or the other gloves or a face mask but not as much both. At first I felt a little weird going into stores with gloves and a mask until I saw how many people were also doing it. Once enough people are wearing gloves and masks other people will probably feel more comfortable doing it.

And Walmart started implementing that no kids policy and limitations on the number going into the store too. Other places I have not seen whether they are following suit or not but at least more people are beginning to catch on.

I've been having a lot of customers come in with masks on, some with gloves too.

There's this website called inspirobot that generates random quotes and images.
wGJgVOm8eQ.jpg

XkP7Mo2rej.jpg
5keGb2gB6A.jpg
The first one can be difficult to read, that's why I'll type it in here:

"The experience of being a lawyer can be a lot similar to being experimented on"

Nice weather today, warn up enough to go out without a jacket

and now the bad part, tonight a serve thunderstorm going hit around 11 pm with heavy rain, high winds and hail

oh joy

Oh crap, winds warning with possible 60 to 70 mph to hit soon :(

I'm shutting down my PC and charging up my phone in case power outages

Oh crap, winds warning with possible 60 to 70 mph to hit soon :(

I'm shutting down my PC and charging up my phone in case power outages

I hear the encroaching thunder right now.

Yeah my dog was going crazy with the thunder. :(

I hear the encroaching thunder right now.

Power was out here for almost 2 hours, been watching the news, tree's down, houses and cars and more been damage, the worst was over East of me, be light soon so I can see what happen here. probably more tree branches and debris to pick up, today was garbage pick up

Power was out here for almost 2 hours, been watching the news, tree's down, houses and cars and more been damage, the worst was over East of me, be light soon so I can see what happen here. probably more tree branches and debris to pick up, today was garbage pick up
Did the raccoons survive? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back