A real masked vigilante..

Superman20 said:
I smell BS

i out did that though, at 4 in the morning i heard my car alarm in the garage, and i think because the lights were out he figured we were asleep, so i stroll out into the garage Glock .45 in hand and point at him through the window and kindly yell at him "Don't move, don't move, hands up hands up!" and my date was calling the cops and while we waited for the police i had so much fun because i was telling him that if he moved his hands even an inch i was going to kill him, i was laughing on the inside because he was so scared he cried, he begged, he was relieved when the cops came, i had so much fun, especially since i got him arrested for a car that i gave away to my buddy so he'd strip it at a chop-shop

excellent

I guess he realized he came to a board of ill-equipped skeptics who lack an imagination, or hope for the...'extreme'.

Hahaha! This thread's a laugh.

I tend to disagree with the martial arts suggestions in this thread though. Combat Sambo would probably be better for the vigilante kind of thing. Sambo isn't too fancy, it's pretty unorthodox.

Kid, all I can say is if you're serious about that stuff, well, it's your life. Randomly helping somebody out of a tough spot is one thing, but actively looking for trouble is only going to screw you over.

the_lost_soul said:
I need your help, this is a serious idea, so I would like your serious input.

Last Halloween I went as The Phantom of the Opera, full, homemade, costume. I had the mask, I was in all black and had a cape. Now I was really having fun with some friends and we were walking around my neighbor hood. Thats when i saw them... The real "Cool Guys" in all their glory with their fake chainsaw... they had a kid cornered, and me being one who used to be a helpless geek, was appauled by the situation. The kids were my age just about, possibly older(I started school a bit early). So i stood there, cape blowing in the wind and I felt empowered to do something I knew was what i had to do.

So I approach the situation and I tap the guy on the shoulder. I grab the chainsaw, its fake mind you, and I throw it onto his lawn. I grab the kid who was scarred ****less, I help him up. So the "chainsaw guy's" friend decides to take a cheap shot and lands me one to the back of the head. I fall, but then get back up, I all out kick the guy in the gut and he falls down. My head is pounding from the cheap shot. The chain saw guy just sits there, confused. I grab a hand full of the a**ole's candy and put it in the scared kid's candy bag. I walk him away and I yell to the jerks, Trick or Treat mother f**kers.

I'm sorry I felt like such a bad ass I had to say that last line. So yeah, doing this I felt great, so I wanted to know. Is the world ready for a real masked Vigilate? Because I'm physically fit and i just bought a Gym membership to train myself for this. I have 3 years of Professional Martial arts as well as years of self dicipline. I have also taken up an urban sport that I enjoy doing very much, Urban Free Flow. If you have seen the people in the nike comercials bouncing off walls and rooftops, thats what i do for my exercise! Please respond to your views.

Remember this is a serious thread.

Btw... I got a bruise the size of a tennis ball on my back and i split open my knuckle, so I know this isn't a game. I take this very seriously.

Get a kevlar vest, learn how to use shurukin throwing stars, learn how to use your cape as a mini parachut to soften your landings when jumoing of roofs, buy the Batman handbook, and make sure your costume looks damn scary. If you wanna fight crime, more power to ya! Just be prepared. So, as I said earlyer, buy the Batman handbook.

After much deliberation, I've decided that I want this kid to be killed. In costume. With his silly little fox mask, and his band of "Explorer" sidekicks all beaten to bloody pulps beside him. And every one of them crying for their mothers. And their drunken fathers going upside their heads. And nobody attending his funeral except for some kids who want to piss on/spray paint his headstone.

Oy, If you want to fight crime that bad, be a cop or something.
If you want to be like Batman...I have some bad news.
Batman has money
Batman has a hideout
Batman has a surgeon(Alfred) in his employ
Batman has a genius level IQ
Batman is a master of almost every martial art.

Now accomplishing the last one would take you years. It's impossible.
Im guessing you're not a genius (no, offense just saying)
What if you get hurt? Vigilantes cant go to the hospital.
Hideout? What do you have.. a treehouse?
Money? Im guessing you're not a Billionaire

You're going to end up dead.
Lets take Batman for example, again. He wouldn't go on a message board telling everybody about his plans to fight injustice.

Dead or badly beaten
Or.....the cops will pick you up in your fancy get-up, bring you home and you'll be the laughing stock of whatever area of the world you live in.

Get prepared for headlines like these:

"Local teen dons spandex to fight crime, arrested for possession of ninja weapons"
"Parents don't know where they went wrong"
"Holy failed vigilantism"

Well... Batman is a person who's obsessed... so... mmmhmm.

Hyper Venom said:
After much deliberation, I've decided that I want this kid to be killed. In costume. With his silly little fox mask, and his band of "Explorer" sidekicks all beaten to bloody pulps beside him. And every one of them crying for their mothers. And their drunken fathers going upside their heads. And nobody attending his funeral except for some kids who want to piss on/spray paint his headstone.

That's pretty twisted, dontcha think?

i would strongly suggest getting about 5-10 more years of karate/fighting behind your belt. i took issinru karate for many years. i live in indiana, and a couple of years back, they had the issinru karate world tournament in indianapolis. i went up there with everybody i took karate with and we all competed. in fighting, i came out third (out of many) in my division wich was just a green belt at the time. i fought green belts of all ages, even adults. (i was 16-17) i am 20 now. fighting is tough. what if that sucker punch that got you was with a bat or a bar or something? seriously, do a little more training on fighting. you jumping from stuff sounds cool though. :D :xmen:

Hmm.... its funny. People just reply without reading the whole forum. Anway. I work security now. Just a part time and just for some job experience. It's fun though. Hmmmm you people are hilarious.... Wow... Hmmm so, yeah!

Well if I ever had, or am (who knows), gone through with it. I wouldn't be in to bad of shape. I knew most the stuff "Explorer's" taught me. So... yea!

Late guys...

I say go for it you crazy lost soul. I did, and i haven't looked back. Well, apart from the time I got clobbered on the back of the head with a hurley stick. And there was that time time an arch nemesis pushed me off a rooftop. And I should mention the almost crippling clinical depression as a direct result of my vigilantism. Apart from those things, I couldn't be happier.

You can check out my diary for a step by step guide. NYT called it this weeks most talked about superhero blog.

'Riveting and compelling' - The Guardian

'The MIB is a true vigilante. He takes the law into his hands in a most convincing manner.' - The Times

'Shit.' - The Sun

Crime Fighting For Dummies...find the thread.

Lord_Carter said:
Oy, If you want to fight crime that bad, be a cop or something.
If you want to be like Batman...I have some bad news.
Batman has money
Batman has a hideout
Batman has a surgeon(Alfred) in his employ
Batman has a genius level IQ
Batman is a master of almost every martial art.

Now accomplishing the last one would take you years. It's impossible.
Im guessing you're not a genius (no, offense just saying)
What if you get hurt? Vigilantes cant go to the hospital.
Hideout? What do you have.. a treehouse?
Money? Im guessing you're not a Billionaire

You're going to end up dead.
Lets take Batman for example, again. He wouldn't go on a message board telling everybody about his plans to fight injustice.

Dead or badly beaten
Or.....the cops will pick you up in your fancy get-up, bring you home and you'll be the laughing stock of whatever area of the world you live in.

Get prepared for headlines like these:

"Local teen dons spandex to fight crime, arrested for possession of ninja weapons"
"Parents don't know where they went wrong"
"Holy failed vigilantism"

Dude, when fighting street level thugs, I hardly think you need to be a martial arts master. All you reall need is knowing how to dodge a hit, take a hit, and think on your feet. And if you go by the Batman rout and use scare tactics i.e. scary ass costume, then for the crucial first couple of seconds of battle, your prey would be to scared to atack.

As for the millions of dollars, I think that's a little extreme. All you need are some decent, non lethal weapons (not too expensive) and a good, protective, scary looking costume. Actually, the costume would probably be the most expensive part. If you do it right, it'd probably come in around a few thousand dollars.

As for the surgion/aid, you are right on that count. You'd need someone to 1:drive the car back to your cave/abandoned bomb shelter/parents basement, 2:tend your wounds if you get hurt (if your costume is done right, it should be protective enough so that your wounds wouldn't usually be too extreme), and 3:send you information ala oracle.

Also, you've got to choose your neighborhood. For example, a town like mine would be perfect for a rookie vigilante. It's not a huge city like New York, but there are regular muggings and home invasions. There are also some gang problems, some grug problems, and every once in a while there are reports of escaped mental patients/serial killers/serial rapists in the area. Not huge city crime, but enough for a vigilante who is just starting out. When you get a little more experiance, you can move to a bigger city like Boston or New York.

lupus27 said:
Dude, when fighting street level thugs, I hardly think you need to be a martial arts master. All you reall need is knowing how to dodge a hit, take a hit, and think on your feet. And if you go by the Batman rout and use scare tactics i.e. scary ass costume, then for the crucial first couple of seconds of battle, your prey would be to scared to atack.

Hmm... Not really. Taking a hit is fine, but taking several hits at once is a bit more problematic. Not to mention thugs who have weapons. Definately learn a martial art of some sort. Learn two.

As for the millions of dollars, I think that's a little extreme. All you need are some decent, non lethal weapons (not too expensive) and a good, protective, scary looking costume. Actually, the costume would probably be the most expensive part. If you do it right, it'd probably come in around a few thousand dollars.

I find a unique blend of camel leather with a light cotton undercoating is best. Its tough, durable, and can absorb quite a bit of the impact of a punch or other. Re. the 'costume' look. Won't work. Impractical and frankly looks a bit stupid. Just plain, non-descript, comfortable clothes will be enough. Black or dark grey works best. Fight crime and look spiffy. Lush.

As for the surgion/aid, you are right on that count. You'd need someone to 1:drive the car back to your cave/abandoned bomb shelter/parents basement, 2:tend your wounds if you get hurt (if your costume is done right, it should be protective enough so that your wounds wouldn't usually be too extreme), and 3:send you information ala oracle. .

Quite so. I've been lucky enough so far, but in any case, getting hospital aid isn't a problem. Just say you were involved in a barroom brawl. Incidentally, my premiums with BUPA have just skyrocketed. As for a driver - not needed so much. Assuming any would-be vigilante has done his (or her) training they should be fit enough to jog to the scene of a crime. And as for an oracle type person, well... that depends on if you want anyone to know who you are and what you do. Best to err on the side of caution and do your own detective work.

Also, you've got to choose your neighborhood. For example, a town like mine would be perfect for a rookie vigilante. It's not a huge city like New York, but there are regular muggings and home invasions. There are also some gang problems, some grug problems, and every once in a while there are reports of escaped mental patients/serial killers/serial rapists in the area. Not huge city crime, but enough for a vigilante who is just starting out. When you get a little more experiance, you can move to a bigger city like Boston or New York.

Fantastic. You've got it all worked out. Larger metropolis-class cities are generally just a little bit harder to patrol effectively. I find the small to medium-class cities lend themselves much more to the teen vigilante sort. Less in the way of serious threats and more enforceable.

Awesome.

the_lost_soul said:
I need your help, this is a serious idea, so I would like your serious input.

Last Halloween I went as The Phantom of the Opera, full, homemade, costume. I had the mask, I was in all black and had a cape. Now I was really having fun with some friends and we were walking around my neighbor hood. Thats when i saw them... The real "Cool Guys" in all their glory with their fake chainsaw... they had a kid cornered, and me being one who used to be a helpless geek, was appauled by the situation. The kids were my age just about, possibly older(I started school a bit early). So i stood there, cape blowing in the wind and I felt empowered to do something I knew was what i had to do.

So I approach the situation and I tap the guy on the shoulder. I grab the chainsaw, its fake mind you, and I throw it onto his lawn. I grab the kid who was scarred ****less, I help him up. So the "chainsaw guy's" friend decides to take a cheap shot and lands me one to the back of the head. I fall, but then get back up, I all out kick the guy in the gut and he falls down. My head is pounding from the cheap shot. The chain saw guy just sits there, confused. I grab a hand full of the a**ole's candy and put it in the scared kid's candy bag. I walk him away and I yell to the jerks, Trick or Treat mother f**kers.

I'm sorry I felt like such a bad ass I had to say that last line. So yeah, doing this I felt great, so I wanted to know. Is the world ready for a real masked Vigilate? Because I'm physically fit and i just bought a Gym membership to train myself for this. I have 3 years of Professional Martial arts as well as years of self dicipline. I have also taken up an urban sport that I enjoy doing very much, Urban Free Flow. If you have seen the people in the nike comercials bouncing off walls and rooftops, thats what i do for my exercise! Please respond to your views.

Remember this is a serious thread.

Btw... I got a bruise the size of a tennis ball on my back and i split open my knuckle, so I know this isn't a game. I take this very seriously.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

So what sort of excuses will you make to friends/family when you sense danger and need to leave? Would you wear a costume underneath?

Guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.

LMFAO!
I resisted looking at this thread,what a fool I was.

Phantom of the Opera vs. Leatherface ?
saving children? complete with catch phrase?
Where's the MOVIE?!?
HAHAHAHA.

I really cannot wait until this is all over the news.
After he hurts himself or something.

I got 20 bucks that says his ass gets shot the first time he tries it.

"I've got an early appointment tomorrow."
"I'll go get help!"
"Urgent call from my broker. I have to take this. In private."
"I seemed to have developed a terrible migraine."
"I realy do like you, [INSERT NAME OF DATE HERE], but the Tokyo markets are about to open and I've got to think of my shareholders."
"Sorry...I...uh...left to phone the police."
"I'm going to find [INSERT YOUR ALTER EGO HERE] and tell him about this!"

Dude, Be a cop or if you want thrills you can A) Become a bounty hunter where you get paid for the job, you don't have to worry about aurority's and or B) Be like the punisher PS the punisher went to jail when he got caught. Also don't go after personal matter and fighting rule Don't fight for rage fight with it rage makes you faster but loses your focus, don't get angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"