Superman Returns A superman begins concept (please review)

patrickbateman

Sidekick
Reaction score
like I said before I want do a Nolan on the superman franchise what do you guys think about this. I just came up with the central plot in the past one week.

SUPERMAN BIRTH RIGHT

A concept by Ryan Pereira

The story opens with a massive battle on the streets of Metropolis between Superman and an unknown Kryptonian and his army. He leads Superman to an airplane hangar made entirely out of lead (the only material his X-ray vision cannot see through) and taunts him over the loudspeaker. Superman sees something off-screen and falls to the floor in pain. Camera zooms away from him, away from earth that’s when we hear Lara’s voice as the camera rolls its way into space.

This is the story of my son kal el, he will call himself Clark Kent but your world will know him as superman. my son’s story begins on a planet light years away from yours. Although he lives among you he was born in the darkest region of the galaxy I’d hope to teach him the way of the world, how to lead a good life and become a good man like his father but then….

The story then flashes back to Krypton years earlier, where a young Zod, looses the election to Jor-El. This in turns leads to an all our kryptonian world war Jor-El manages to build an escape pod for his family, should things turn worst. Fortunately the war ends with zod’s army toppled and zod’s held for trail for the war crimes committed against innocent kryptonians. He is sentenced to the phantom zone along with his generals. Life on krypton is rebuilding itself, a new government is built a more scientific no opinionated and just system is implemented thanks to an advanced artificial intelligence known only as brianiac. Life is peaceful but not for long zod supporters now turn terrorist have resorted to several attempts at bring back their leader. In a final desperate attempt they place several nukes at the core of the planet. Their demands are simple return zod and his army back into power or krypton gets it. Brainiac estimates that the odds are against them the blast will trigger of a chain reaction affecting the core’s movement, destroying the poles not only resulting in the disintegration of the magnetic field but also triggering a shift in the planet plates causing krypton to fall. They must obey Zod’s followers, he has no other solution. This infuriates the global council member who believe that Brainiac has been tampered with a virus by the same terror group. He is nothing but a puppet for zod. They take the decision to shut him down Brainiac defends himself and escapes the kryptonian orbit. Uploading himself on board a vessel. His last words to the planet
“ Farewell krypton, you’ve brought this on yourselves”

The council member immediately step into action realizing that the clocks clicking and there are bigger fish to fry unknown to them Brainiac has steal the walls of the great parliament (his last act of vengeance) jor-el’s the only one who realizes this is a trap. He escapes but loses his left arm being the great warrior that he is he struggle his way on the Hoover bike crashing into his house only to find the security guards slaughtered rushing indoors he finds his wife Lara struggling to breath she’s been shot by zod’s followers. Her last words are “ escape pod…. kal-el” jor-el quickly rushes to the escape pod to find his infant son tucked hidden and safe, he checks the preset settings. Places seven metallic cases into the pod. Back at the pole zod’s followers realizing that the council has ignored their demands pulls the trigger the bombs detonates. Jor-el picks up a first aid kit (think laser beam healers) drops it down as he watches, the roof of his house collapse, the struggling warrior gets back on his feet ignores his pain places his battle Armour inside the escape pod. Realizing there’s no time left he kisses his son’s forehead. Kal-el is fast asleep,
“Do good with your life, son”

Jor-el pushes the launch button, which seals of the pod. It roars like a rocket on steroids. We see the pod escape into orbit as the planet collapses. The space pod crash lands near Roswell’s air base, Jonathan and Martha Kent a young couple who just lost a kid due to a miscarriage are the first reach the pod, they were on their way home. Jonathan’s a rookie pilot at Roswell he quickly inspects the weird looking pod pushes button which slides open revealing an infant kal-el crying. Martha quickly comforts the child, she believes that it’s a gift from god, its what they’ve always wanted. The baby stops crying in motherly arms of Martha while Jonathan inspects the crash site, seeing debris of the charged fuselage he cant put together who in their sane mind would do this to an infant. Hearing the army sirens he quickly steps into action believing that the army’s behind this. They hide the pod on the back of his pick up truck and storm off. Realizing that the army’s behind the kid they decided to stay low and move into small places, where they can raise a family and start fresh. Back at the site we get a glimpse of Lionel luthor, a very intellectual and corrupt individual who’s got his hands on the crash site. His team led by Dr Reeve interviews several eyewitnesses who say they saw a flying saucer crash into the area; he initiates a cover up stating that its a weather balloon his team collects each and every piece of debris lying around the site. Thinking that it’s the Russians behind this, they must be having technology superior to America. He approached president Kennedy (off screen) stating that this is technology worth investigating.

The kents eventually move into smallville, Kansas. Jonathan’s traded in his uniform for that of a farmer they raise the child as their own son named Clark Kent. His powers manifest themselves immediately. A toddler Clark witnesses a man attempt to rape Martha, and Clark beats him within an inch of his life. In later years, Clark discovers the more about himself The Kents tell him to never to use his powers for evil and emphasize the restraint of his powers from then on. This leads to Clark becoming an introverted youth. During the high school graduation party, he is bullied and almost gets into a fight. The fight is broken up by Lois Lane (Lana Lang is not mentioned in this story), a girl Clark has a crush on. While walking back home with Lois, they have a talk about what they want to accomplish in the future. Lois states that she’ll be moving into metropolis she wants to be a reporter and make a big impact in the world. A speeding out of control vehicle heading straight for Lana interrupts their conversation. Clark uses his super speed and knocks her into the cornfield. He panics cause she’s knocked out cold but is relieved to see her breathing. However his relief is cut shot when he hears a huge bang the out of control car crashed into a gas station. Clark decides to leave Lois in the field and rushes to the spot. Its chaos and pandemonium all over the place. People running away from the station. He hears a lady crying saying that her kids are trapped inside. Clark tries to peer into the burning structure only to find out that he has x-ray vision. Not wasting any time in analyzing what triggered it Clark super speeds into the burning structure finds the kids’ unconscious grabs a hold of them. We hear another huge bang which triggers of an explosion Clark without any hesitation crashes through the window from the back however the explosion sends him flying in the air he surprisingly lands on his feet. Lois now back to her sense arrives at the scene. She finds Clark holding the kids helps him out. Paramedics rush to help them. They themselves are shocked to find Clark in a completely normal state however, Clark makes up a story saying that he found the kids in the field unconscious, guessing that they got out from the back door fire exit but the smoke inhaled cause them to.. He’s interrupted by the mother who hugs her kids and thanks Clark. Clark is a bit shaken up by the whole incident he just stands there looking confused at the whole scene and his hands trembling. He catches a glimpse of Lois back to her routine of being a reporter (we see Lois talking to the fire chief taking down notes) he makes his exist and heads straight home. At the Kents residence both Martha and Jonathan are confronted with a very different and raged son he wants to know the truth. They deicide its time to show him the space pod Clark’s insecurities only worsen after he sees the space pod. Realizing that he is a freak he storms off from the barnyard in super speed we see him over taking the horses as well. Cries as he reaches the edge of the cliff, yells “why me?” there’s no response all we see is the most beautiful sunset which looks like its been painted by god himself. He kicks a stone & watches it falls into the rocks. Clark closes his eyes we see tears flowing down his check.

“I’m not a freak.”

He falls with his arms stretched he opens his eye only to find himself levitating 5 feet away from the bottom. Wipes his tears as he explores this newly discovered power we see him rising above smallvile above the clouds at night. Its just Clark staring at the moon in mid air. Closing his eyes feeling the wind caressing his skin. He flies over Lois’s place only to find he loading her bags into the car, its clear that she’s heading to metropolis for her internship. Sneaking up on her he picks up a flower from the near by garden gives it to her. She talks about how she’s going to miss this place and she’d wished that she could get to know him better cause they’ve only bonded as friends in the last couple of months. Her father cuts the conversation short stating that they’ve got to catch the flight in time. He yells at Clark saying that his parents are worried sick of him they’ve been calling everyone in smallville trying to figure out where he is. Lana hugs Clark her last words to him

“ I hope you decide what you want to do with your life, Clark. We’re here to make a dent in the universe otherwise why even be here”

Clark watches her get into the car; it speeds off he turns around only to find the Kents red pick up truck parked nearby. Both Martha and Jonathan hug him he apologizes for running of like that. While driving back home Martha says that she feared the worst, Jonathan on the other hands kids with his son saying he knew he wanted to spend some time with a girl. Clark still insists that she’s just a friend and confesses what really happened. The Kents reach the stormcellar Clark for the first time embraces his kryptonian legacy. His kryptonian fingerprint causes the space pod to activate; the pod utters the word kal-el. A levitated projected beam appears as a holographic image of jor-el. Jonathan and Martha are both shocked to see this man appear from thin air, he guesses that it’s a recoding like the black boxes they use in planes. Jor-el address his son

JOR-EL
My son, you do not remember me. I am Jor-El.
I am ... your father. By now according to the pod’s
Estimation you will have reached your eighteenth
year of time as it is measured on earth. By that same
reckoning I will have been dead for many thousands
of your years. The knowledge that I have of, matters
physical and historic I have given to you in the forms
of these metallic disks. These are important matters, to
be, sure, but still matters of mere fact. There are
questions to be asked and it is time for you to do so. We shall
try to find the answers together. Although I am speaking from the
past, I have tried to anticipate them. So my son
(pause)
Speak

CLARK
Who . . . am I?

JOR-EL
Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor
of the planet Krypton.

CLARK
I know there’s a lot a I can learn from you
but I cant leave home, that’s where I’m needed.

JOR-EL
Even though you have been raised as a human
being, you are not one of them. You have great
powers, only some of which you have, as yet,
discovered ...

CLARK
What do you want me to do?

(Bang) the holographic image of jor-el explodes and transforms into a visible ripple enveloping Clark in a sphere like reflective structure. [Think magneto’s wave from x-men 1] Martha panics but Jonathan calms her down, saying that they need to be strong and reminds her that this day had to come. The dome disappears into thin air Martha cries.

INSIDE THE DOME
CLARK
Where are you taking me ?

JOR-EL
Your road has
been a difficult one; it will continue
to be. You have great powers but
you are confused as to how to use
them. All I know, I will
train you for the tasks that lie ahead.
Now let us work together to complete
your education. Over the years I will
instructed you in all the languages, arts,
and sciences of Earth as well as the far
more advanced knowledge of Krypton.
Now, my son, we turn to a more
difficult subject - virtue. How does a
good man live? This is not yet -- not
even on Krypton -- a precise science.
So I can only tell you what others have
thought and what -- what I myself believe –

His voice DISSOLVES OUT. We flash forward to a montage of scene showing the silhouetted of young Clark Kent in the center of the dome as images of historical archives projects on the dome all around him. The camera does a 360 as we progress we see the silhouetted mature into an older matured version of the young boy. Back in smallvile we see an older Martha waiting in the storm cellar every night for her son to return. Jonathan holds her in his arms kissing her forehead pleading her to be realistic its been 5 yrs already. Martha only reply is that she’s sure her son will return to them someday. Jonathan reminds her that Clark is not their son. Martha’s replies back A mother knows better.

Back in the dome

JOR-EL (voice only)
You are superior to others. You can only
become inferior by setting yourself above
them. Lead by inspiration. Let your actions
and ideals become a touchstone against
which mankind may learn how to serve
the common good. While it is forbidden
for you to interfere with human history
itself, your leadership can stir others to
their own capacity for moral betterment
Weigh carefully
-- as even ordinary men should --
the rewards life offers. Never use
your powers for personal gain, Kal-El.
Never.
The suit I’ve given you symbolizes everything
The ‘house of el’ stands for wear it with pride my son.

As he says this CAMERA COMPLETES 360 DEGREES (and a lot of years) and COMES TO REST ON...SUPERMAN.

JOR-EL
Your education is complete, Kal-El.
(A touch of pride in his boy)
You have asked good questions.
And I think together we have
always found the answers. So
now...now it is time to return
to the world you will live in.

CLARK (O.S.)
Will I be accepted as I am?

And there he is. In the flesh, and in the traditional costume: Blue outfit, red trunks and yellow monogram, without a cape. The big S. A handsome, strong man in his late 20’s, who wears the weight of his mission lightly, but takes everything with the proper seriousness. His intelligence shines through all the macho aspects of his personality. And at all times, even in the middle of action and violence, he retains a kind of twinkle in his eye that lets us know that he sees everything from a slightly off-center position; that, while acknowledging his bizarre life-style he can also see that it has its humorous side when looked at from the proper perspective. He is warm, likable, and generous. But when he becomes Clark Kent, the disguise takes on almost schizoid dimensions: a great personality change, exaggerating all this "everyday, normal" qualities that are so inherently foreign to his true personality, And yet, as we will see, there is a part of him that yearns and longs to be Clark Kent, free form the overwhelming responsibilities that come, unmasked, from being who he is: SUPERMAN.

JOR-EL
Do not reveal your gifts - they
will only bring jealousy and
pain. Live as one of them, but
keep in your heart the pride of
your heritage. When new
questions arise come back here
and I will try to help.

He smiles. Jor-El clicks off the recording gadget in his hand and his image starts to fade away. Then, he suddenly remembers something else and clicks the gadget back on. His image returns to full strength.

JOR-EL
Oh...
(For the first time a bit unsure of himself)
...Lara, that is your mother,
mentioned a word to me the other
day. It is something irrational to us
here. But for you, where you are,
it has a strength and a meaning, so...so
from a galaxy far beyond your ken,
from our...ourselves, we send you
our...love.

HOLD IN POSITION as he switches off the recorder and his image slowly fades away. The dome dissolves. Back in smallvile we see an older Martha waiting in the storm cellar at night she’s about to doze off but hears a huge familiar bang. Waking up she calls out to Jonathan, who leaves his spade and rushes into the storm cellar. He is shocked to see a man standing in front of Martha wearing the battle suit. The man is none other than Clark. The Kents finally reunite with their adoptive son embracing him. It’s a very emotional scene Martha looking at the symbol on the battle suit, remembers that he was wrapped in a red blanket which shared the same symbol. She rushes to get it. Clark apologizes for leaving them again and for putting them through all the trouble over the years. Jonathan paths him on the back saying its all forgiven what matters is that he’s back with them and they’ve got a lot of catching up to do. He tells Martha’s to cook something special their son must be longing for good old home cooking. To which Clark panics asking what if the neighbor get suspicious about him disappearing all these years Jonathan says that he’ll think of someway or the other to cover it.

Jonathan
“Clark its good to have you home.”

Clark
“Its good to be home dad.”

Jonathan
“So who gave you that suit?”

Clark
“Its jor-el’s …(pause) my father’s suit.”

Martha’s wraps the blanket over his shoulder

Martha
“I’m guessing this belong to your mother. Cause the way you were swaddled only a mother could have taken the time and care to…

Clark grabs it from her

Clark
“Lara, that’s her name”

(Voices dissolve)

As we span away from the dining table though the window across the farm into the night skies with stars twinkling bright. We pass through space and reach Krypton. Yes it did indeed blow up, but not completely as fragments of Krypton survived, we see an evolved version of brianiac in the last 20 years he has gone from planet to planet quenching his thirst for knowledge. Building his defense systems on the way. He recalls the last time he cross path with krypton was during its destructions. His cold humor utters the words
“Home sweet home”

Of screen he receives a kryptonic distress signal this of course shocks him cause it indicates that he’s not the only survivor of the planet krypton, he traces the distress signal all the way back to earth. Back on earth’s SETI station we see lex luthor, a multimillionaire and one of the fore most powerful people in the world. He owes his name and fame to his father Lionel luthor the founder of ‘luthor corp.’ a company built on the technology derived from the crash debris found way back in Roswell, however years of being obsessed with the unknown has lead Lionel into arkham asylum, where he spends his last days talking to himself while his son picked of where his father left and expanded the luthor corp. empire. Covering almost every global market in the world, Luthor corps’s Tech division is the worlds best. Their arms and ammunition division is used to power the armies of several nations around the world. That makes lex a very feared figure in the world today. Lex makes first contact with brainiac’s vessel giving him the co-ordinates to land in a place they call area 51.

LEX (V.O.)
I am Lex Luthor, owner and C.E.O. of
LuthorCorp -- a vast and powerful
conglomerate that dominates trade on this
planet. To whatever life form that you may
hail from, I extend an invitation to
our world. Non-hostile and eager to
establish contact with extraterrestrial
races, Earth welcomes a visit from
you. I myself
call upon you to make contact, so that we
may establish relations, open trade
routes...

Brainiac turns away, disinterested. Then, the "friendly" greeting voice turns darker.

LEX (V.O.)
... and discuss any information you might
have regarding a visitor to this planet
of Kryptonian descent.

Brainiac snaps to attention

BRAINIAC
I am brainiac. What can you tell me about this visitor?

LEX
From one superior intellect to another --
Whomever or whatever you may be
Now lets not rush into things,
Lets discuss this over a cup of tea.
Perhaps we can both help, each other out.

Brainiac's eyes glow with intrigue as we zoom into it

WE CUT TO…

Metropolis, Clark Kent and Lois Lane are now well-matured adults working for The Daily Planet newspaper. Lois has been following Lionel Luthor’s investigation into extra-terrestrial activity and his claims of proving the existence of a Kryptonian on Earth. Perry White assigns Lois to interview the President of the United States on Air Force One saying that’s more important and current. Lois states that she doesn’t want to do it and he should ask Clark to handle it. Perry reminds her that Clark and jimmy are busy hunting for the blue angel. Which causes Lois to laugh
“Please that like an urban legend. Its like the bat creature from Gotham.”

Perry reminds her who’s the boss and concludes that
“Lionel is a thing of the past even his own son’s called him a loon.”

She takes the assignment; Perry assigns Clark to handle the Lionel luthor investigation. During the interview, the plane is damaged and about to crash. Clark, who hears about it on the radio, grabs the suit inserts the red blanket on his neckline. It fits his adult body perfectly and he pulls off a daring rescue of the plane, thereby introducing himself to the public. The AIR FORCE ONE event is witnessed at area 51 by both lex and brainiac as they play a game of chess. Lex is infuriated that the plane didn’t crash, brainiac is even more shocked (though he doesn’t have expression) his robotic fingers touches the big S displayed repeated on the plasma screen. He whispers to himself

“Jor-el? It can’t be”

Lois and superman have their first professional interview wherein he tells he was sent here to protect them; the article is published on the front page of the daily planet. Perry baptizes him as ‘SUPERMAN’ after hearing Lois saying that the interview with him was superb, they were flying through the clouds etc. SUPERMAN by now is a household name across the globe.

Lex realizes tat this is the krpytonian his dad kept talking about and some how he’s has a past with BRAINAC. Lex starts twisting his words saying that they both have a common enemy and must unite to take superman down. He shows BRAINAC his arms and ammunition division consisting of thousands of super solider [normal soldiers equipped with a robotic body suit, that can fly and shoot missiles] lex claims that this is the future of warfare the lex-o-suit 5000.

BRAINAC inspects its calling it primitive however he pauses saying that’s he’ll modify it for lex. Is the only way they’ll come in handy in bringing the krytonian down. Roughly a month after Superman's debut, BRAINAC and his army arrive, bringing the story full circle. In the lead hangar, the shocking image Superman sees is Lois under water in a glass tank, tethered to chain wrapped around a kryptonite boulder. He saves her, but loses his own life in the process. A national funeral is held it’s a dark and rainy day. Both Martha and Jonathan struggle to make it across through the crowd, no one knows that they’re his parents. They finally reach to his tombstone that has an S engraved on it. They both break down placing a red flower over the S. The camera zooms out from the memorial site fade to black.

At night Superman's body regains consciousness lex secretly helps him climbs from the grave, claiming that his father’s research may come in handy in bring BRAINAC down. [Lex figures out that by getting both brianiac and the United Nations involved against each other he can kill two birds with one stone. He uses Superman to get to United Nations so they can buy into the whole good guy act and accept him]

Both the resurrected Man of Steel and lex luthor secretly meets with United Nations leaders (who now live in fear of the so called Kryptonians) to organize a counter-offensive. This leads to a massive aerial battle of the so assumed Kryptonians against Superman fighter planes from 40 nations armed with kryptonite missiles. After BRAINAC and his army are dead, Superman visits Lois. He explains to her that he’s not here to be a dictator like the others. He’s here to protect them. He will return to earth, but for now he has to see if there are other’s like him that survived out there.. She kisses him saying that she’ll be waiting for him. Back at metropolis Clark hands over a paper to Perry saying that “he got to go to India for some soul searching. He enjoyed the time at the planet and has learned a lot from the him.” Perry just glances at it and continues with his daily routine. At smallville’s Kent farm Martha faints as she opens the door to see her son standing in front for her. As Jonathan assists Clark in caring his mother to the couch Clark tells him that he’s leaving to find out if there are others like him out there.

“ Jor –el could be wrong. I’m might not be the last son of krypton.”

Jonathan understands that its something his son has to do. So he wishes him luck reminds him that he’s never alone. They will always be there for him.

Before superman leaves, he is confronted by Lex Luthor who claims that BRAINIAC is a part of some intergalactic army and may not be the last; he should use BRAINAC ship and look for others. He’s guessing that they will do harm against him and the people he care the most about as an act of vengeance. Superman entrust earth in the hands of lex.

Back at Area 51 brainiac is downloaded on the computer’s mainframe.

BRAINAC
“I like the way you think, sending the son of jor-el on a universal goose chase is something I didn’t think off”

LEX (shocked but tries to hide it)
“Like? Since when do you have emotions?”

Lex starts laughing like a maniac.

LEX
Now that I have true influential power I will use it to rule this world.

PERCY (off screen)
Sir..

LEX
What is it now?

PERCY
You have a call from the United Nations

LEX (smiles)
Hmmm… put them on.

Superman leaves for Krypton, after crossing Orion’s belt his spaceship is unexpected attacked several mask men in a battle suit with the symbol of ZOD on their chest.

[[[[ Setting up the story for what would have been the next entry in the trilogy. ]]]]

Just updated the jj script slightly with a few changes and borrowed stuff from smallvile and the comic books

I know there are some spelling and grammatical errors so kindly ignore that, please review it

patrickbateman said:
like I said before I want do a Nolan on the superman franchise what do you guys think about this. I just came up with the central plot in the past one week.

SUPERMAN BIRTH RIGHT

A concept by Ryan Pereira

The story opens with a massive battle on the streets of Metropolis between Superman and an unknown Kryptonian and his army. He leads Superman to an airplane hangar made entirely out of lead (the only material his X-ray vision cannot see through) and taunts him over the loudspeaker. Superman sees something off-screen and falls to the floor in pain. Camera zooms away from him, away from earth that’s when we hear Lara’s voice as the camera rolls its way into space.

This is the story of my son kal el, he will call himself Clark Kent but your world will know him as superman. my son’s story begins on a planet light years away from yours. Although he lives among you he was born in the darkest region of the galaxy I’d hope to teach him the way of the world, how to lead a good life and become a good man like his father but then….

The story then flashes back to Krypton years earlier, where a young Zod, looses the election to Jor-El. This in turns leads to an all our kryptonian world war Jor-El manages to build an escape pod for his family, should things turn worst. Fortunately the war ends with zod’s army toppled and zod’s held for trail for the war crimes committed against innocent kryptonians. He is sentenced to the phantom zone along with his generals. Life on krypton is rebuilding itself, a new government is built a more scientific no opinionated and just system is implemented thanks to an advanced artificial intelligence known only as brianiac. Life is peaceful but not for long zod supporters now turn terrorist have resorted to several attempts at bring back their leader. In a final desperate attempt they place several nukes at the core of the planet. Their demands are simple return zod and his army back into power or krypton gets it. Brainiac estimates that the odds are against them the blast will trigger of a chain reaction affecting the core’s movement, destroying the poles not only resulting in the disintegration of the magnetic field but also triggering a shift in the planet plates causing krypton to fall. They must obey Zod’s followers, he has no other solution. This infuriates the global council member who believe that Brainiac has been tampered with a virus by the same terror group. He is nothing but a puppet for zod. They take the decision to shut him down Brainiac defends himself and escapes the kryptonian orbit. Uploading himself on board a vessel. His last words to the planet
“ Farewell krypton, you’ve brought this on yourselves”

The council member immediately step into action realizing that the clocks clicking and there are bigger fish to fry unknown to them Brainiac has steal the walls of the great parliament (his last act of vengeance) jor-el’s the only one who realizes this is a trap. He escapes but loses his left arm being the great warrior that he is he struggle his way on the Hoover bike crashing into his house only to find the security guards slaughtered rushing indoors he finds his wife Lara struggling to breath she’s been shot by zod’s followers. Her last words are “ escape pod…. kal-el” jor-el quickly rushes to the escape pod to find his infant son tucked hidden and safe, he checks the preset settings. Places seven metallic cases into the pod. Back at the pole zod’s followers realizing that the council has ignored their demands pulls the trigger the bombs detonates. Jor-el picks up a first aid kit (think laser beam healers) drops it down as he watches, the roof of his house collapse, the struggling warrior gets back on his feet ignores his pain places his battle Armour inside the escape pod. Realizing there’s no time left he kisses his son’s forehead. Kal-el is fast asleep,
“Do good with your life, son”

Jor-el pushes the launch button, which seals of the pod. It roars like a rocket on steroids. We see the pod escape into orbit as the planet collapses. The space pod crash lands near Roswell’s air base, Jonathan and Martha Kent a young couple who just lost a kid due to a miscarriage are the first reach the pod, they were on their way home. Jonathan’s a rookie pilot at Roswell he quickly inspects the weird looking pod pushes button which slides open revealing an infant kal-el crying. Martha quickly comforts the child, she believes that it’s a gift from god, its what they’ve always wanted. The baby stops crying in motherly arms of Martha while Jonathan inspects the crash site, seeing debris of the charged fuselage he cant put together who in their sane mind would do this to an infant. Hearing the army sirens he quickly steps into action believing that the army’s behind this. They hide the pod on the back of his pick up truck and storm off. Realizing that the army’s behind the kid they decided to stay low and move into small places, where they can raise a family and start fresh. Back at the site we get a glimpse of Lionel luthor, a very intellectual and corrupt individual who’s got his hands on the crash site. His team led by Dr Reeve interviews several eyewitnesses who say they saw a flying saucer crash into the area; he initiates a cover up stating that its a weather balloon his team collects each and every piece of debris lying around the site. Thinking that it’s the Russians behind this, they must be having technology superior to America. He approached president Kennedy (off screen) stating that this is technology worth investigating.

The kents eventually move into smallville, Kansas. Jonathan’s traded in his uniform for that of a farmer they raise the child as their own son named Clark Kent. His powers manifest themselves immediately. A toddler Clark witnesses a man attempt to rape Martha, and Clark beats him within an inch of his life. In later years, Clark discovers the more about himself The Kents tell him to never to use his powers for evil and emphasize the restraint of his powers from then on. This leads to Clark becoming an introverted youth. During the high school graduation party, he is bullied and almost gets into a fight. The fight is broken up by Lois Lane (Lana Lang is not mentioned in this story), a girl Clark has a crush on. While walking back home with Lois, they have a talk about what they want to accomplish in the future. Lois states that she’ll be moving into metropolis she wants to be a reporter and make a big impact in the world. A speeding out of control vehicle heading straight for Lana interrupts their conversation. Clark uses his super speed and knocks her into the cornfield. He panics cause she’s knocked out cold but is relieved to see her breathing. However his relief is cut shot when he hears a huge bang the out of control car crashed into a gas station. Clark decides to leave Lois in the field and rushes to the spot. Its chaos and pandemonium all over the place. People running away from the station. He hears a lady crying saying that her kids are trapped inside. Clark tries to peer into the burning structure only to find out that he has x-ray vision. Not wasting any time in analyzing what triggered it Clark super speeds into the burning structure finds the kids’ unconscious grabs a hold of them. We hear another huge bang which triggers of an explosion Clark without any hesitation crashes through the window from the back however the explosion sends him flying in the air he surprisingly lands on his feet. Lois now back to her sense arrives at the scene. She finds Clark holding the kids helps him out. Paramedics rush to help them. They themselves are shocked to find Clark in a completely normal state however, Clark makes up a story saying that he found the kids in the field unconscious, guessing that they got out from the back door fire exit but the smoke inhaled cause them to.. He’s interrupted by the mother who hugs her kids and thanks Clark. Clark is a bit shaken up by the whole incident he just stands there looking confused at the whole scene and his hands trembling. He catches a glimpse of Lois back to her routine of being a reporter (we see Lois talking to the fire chief taking down notes) he makes his exist and heads straight home. At the Kents residence both Martha and Jonathan are confronted with a very different and raged son he wants to know the truth. They deicide its time to show him the space pod Clark’s insecurities only worsen after he sees the space pod. Realizing that he is a freak he storms off from the barnyard in super speed we see him over taking the horses as well. Cries as he reaches the edge of the cliff, yells “why me?” there’s no response all we see is the most beautiful sunset which looks like its been painted by god himself. He kicks a stone & watches it falls into the rocks. Clark closes his eyes we see tears flowing down his check.

“I’m not a freak.”

He falls with his arms stretched he opens his eye only to find himself levitating 5 feet away from the bottom. Wipes his tears as he explores this newly discovered power we see him rising above smallvile above the clouds at night. Its just Clark staring at the moon in mid air. Closing his eyes feeling the wind caressing his skin. He flies over Lois’s place only to find he loading her bags into the car, its clear that she’s heading to metropolis for her internship. Sneaking up on her he picks up a flower from the near by garden gives it to her. She talks about how she’s going to miss this place and she’d wished that she could get to know him better cause they’ve only bonded as friends in the last couple of months. Her father cuts the conversation short stating that they’ve got to catch the flight in time. He yells at Clark saying that his parents are worried sick of him they’ve been calling everyone in smallville trying to figure out where he is. Lana hugs Clark her last words to him

“ I hope you decide what you want to do with your life, Clark. We’re here to make a dent in the universe otherwise why even be here”

Clark watches her get into the car; it speeds off he turns around only to find the Kents red pick up truck parked nearby. Both Martha and Jonathan hug him he apologizes for running of like that. While driving back home Martha says that she feared the worst, Jonathan on the other hands kids with his son saying he knew he wanted to spend some time with a girl. Clark still insists that she’s just a friend and confesses what really happened. The Kents reach the stormcellar Clark for the first time embraces his kryptonian legacy. His kryptonian fingerprint causes the space pod to activate; the pod utters the word kal-el. A levitated projected beam appears as a holographic image of jor-el. Jonathan and Martha are both shocked to see this man appear from thin air, he guesses that it’s a recoding like the black boxes they use in planes. Jor-el address his son

JOR-EL
My son, you do not remember me. I am Jor-El.
I am ... your father. By now according to the pod’s
Estimation you will have reached your eighteenth
year of time as it is measured on earth. By that same
reckoning I will have been dead for many thousands
of your years. The knowledge that I have of, matters
physical and historic I have given to you in the forms
of these metallic disks. These are important matters, to
be, sure, but still matters of mere fact. There are
questions to be asked and it is time for you to do so. We shall
try to find the answers together. Although I am speaking from the
past, I have tried to anticipate them. So my son
(pause)
Speak

CLARK
Who . . . am I?

JOR-EL
Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor
of the planet Krypton.

CLARK
I know there’s a lot a I can learn from you
but I cant leave home, that’s where I’m needed.

JOR-EL
Even though you have been raised as a human
being, you are not one of them. You have great
powers, only some of which you have, as yet,
discovered ...

CLARK
What do you want me to do?

(Bang) the holographic image of jor-el explodes and transforms into a visible ripple enveloping Clark in a sphere like reflective structure. [Think magneto’s wave from x-men 1] Martha panics but Jonathan calms her down, saying that they need to be strong and reminds her that this day had to come. The dome disappears into thin air Martha cries.

INSIDE THE DOME
CLARK
Where are you taking me ?

JOR-EL
Your road has
been a difficult one; it will continue
to be. You have great powers but
you are confused as to how to use
them. All I know, I will
train you for the tasks that lie ahead.
Now let us work together to complete
your education. Over the years I will
instructed you in all the languages, arts,
and sciences of Earth as well as the far
more advanced knowledge of Krypton.
Now, my son, we turn to a more
difficult subject - virtue. How does a
good man live? This is not yet -- not
even on Krypton -- a precise science.
So I can only tell you what others have
thought and what -- what I myself believe –

His voice DISSOLVES OUT. We flash forward to a montage of scene showing the silhouetted of young Clark Kent in the center of the dome as images of historical archives projects on the dome all around him. The camera does a 360 as we progress we see the silhouetted mature into an older matured version of the young boy. Back in smallvile we see an older Martha waiting in the storm cellar every night for her son to return. Jonathan holds her in his arms kissing her forehead pleading her to be realistic its been 5 yrs already. Martha only reply is that she’s sure her son will return to them someday. Jonathan reminds her that Clark is not their son. Martha’s replies back A mother knows better.

I like it like a man of advancing years likes a good Bourbon.

The political intrigue on Krypton sounds interesting.
It's reminiscent of where the Smallville producers seem to be going with the Jor-El/Zod/BrainIAC axis.

Wow! Pretty good stuff! I think the intrigue on Krypton sounds interesting. I have a couple of questions: 1) How much screen time do you think you would spend on Krypton? 2) Are you working on finishing your trilogy?

Keep up the good work! :yay: :up:

I haven't read it but I have an instinct that it will be better than that awful SR script

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"