A Thread For Those Who Have an Optimistic Viewpoint

gambitfire said:
oooooh i just made 20$ buck
boogie.gif

lol j/k
more like lost it!...lol

C. Lee said:
People are allowed to have different opinions...calling them names for having that different opinion is rude. You can discuss how you are optimistic about the upcoming movie in this thread...but there is no need for name calling or attacks on others.....that goes for EVERYONE.

I thought we already setteld the fact that we could have our thread open :( And I do think we already settled the no name calling thing :(
The Movies going to rock :up:

Secret_Riddle said:
ur picture makes wolverine and cyclops look gay. capbeer now im not a homophobe by any means but thats just wrong :(
Then why did you bring it up?

People...keep all of the closed minded "anti" whatever/whoever you happen to be biased against remarks at home.....this isn't the place for them.

gambitfire said:
oooooh i just made 20$ buck
boogie.gif

lol j/k

LOL. I'm thinking I'll be able to keep money if this movie does rock which I am most confident that it will :)

This movie will probably fail me. I won't fool myself. They rushed it, they killed key characters, and went cheap with the fx. From the reviews I gather that they made this for a quick cash-in and to hopefully defeat Singer's Returns somehow instead of patiently telling the story properly... it sound like another forgettable fantastic four....

But that doesn't mean I've lost al hope. Ignoring the warning flags, some korny klips, some bad cgi, and the feeling that this is the typical third movie that's never quite as good as the first two... I can force myself to believe that there's still a chance x3 might be a good one... maybe.

I"m with you all my brothers and sisters!!!1

ororoandme said:
give this movie a chance :)

ororo huh? lol j/k don't want to start anything.

I actually am giving it a chance but im going in with low hope expectations.

I've never seen a perfect movie. I don't expect this one to, however I am hoping to have a fun time laden with kick 'splode action.

I've alwys felt the X-Men movies were flawed because they were a greater departure from the 616 comics than even the Ultimate comics. I've been sucked in by the drama (because visual entertainment is my crystal meth, complete with brain rot) but after the end I've felt letdown, particularly at the end of X2. Jean should've died in a more flashy way...not swamped by water. "mighty telekinetic" my arse.

I'm hoping this movie will tickle my adrenaline buttons and leave me feeling, "wow, I've seen my favorite comic (outside of the Authority) in a live action movie."

Of course, I have to resist buying the novelization.

even LOTR (which I have read over and over again and am a huge fan of) has problems...so I agree with synnerman, no movie is perfect

ororoandme said:
even LOTR (which I have read over and over again and am a huge fan of) has problems...so I agree with synnerman, no movie is perfect

except Batman Begins. :up:

lol jk

C. Lee said:
I just changed the name of the thread....that'll give some of you something else to complain about.....I'm currently workinh on a couple of other feuds....I'll be back in a little bit to see who has been naughty enough in this thread to justify reprimands.....see ya later gator.

LOL...do you get hazard pay for this job?

You have my sympathies. :)

I think over all the movie will be enjoable to the maistream the fans and people who know the Xmen will be turned off because the source material was pissed on especially the deaths that happen in the film to major characters. Also who the hell knows to stay after the credits? Why do that? why couldn't they just leave the Xavier part at the end before the credits??

Kurosawa said:
Much better. You guys enjoy yourselves.
Yeah, go and enjoy yourself suffering and complaining that your whole life was destroyed because Cyke dies (and we don´t even know IF IT REALLY HAPPENS!):rolleyes:
I didn´t agree with the thread´s title, but I´ve seen Wolverine fans being called brainless and stupid in many threads, even on the Wolverine thread itself, and specially by Cyclops fans. Guess it shows who have the superiority complex around here.
Now, I try to remain optimist about the movie, altough I have some complaints about some of the things I´ve seen so far. What I really don´t understand is why someone who is utterly disappointed with a movie he hasn´t yet seen keep coming to a forum only to suffer. And to attack fans of other characters, or fans who are somehow optimist that the movie will be good.

Loganbabe said:
Yeah, and enjoy yourself suffering and complaining that your whole life was destroyed because Cyke dies (and we don´t even know IF IT REALLY HAPPENS!
Pathetic...:rolleyes:

No, there's been reports from press screenings that he dies. It's no longer a rumor.

I dont care if its good or not, I just wanna see some *******! and who knows. Knowing Ratner, he'll prob splice some in subliminally!

Oh, you only "have a brain" if you blindly accept whatever FOX is doing and aren't bothered by the way they've butchered the Dark Phoenix Saga and made a movie that is yet ANOTHER Wolverine fest?

It's not a "Wolverine-fest". It's a movie that has Wolverine in a large role (like the PAST two films, this is clearly a THEME of the franchise, why are you all acting so surprised about it?), and also features Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Beast and Jean in key roles.

The fact of most Cyclops fans is the way they react to the movie, you'd think he was the only X-Man, teh most important X-Man to them. They seem to forget Storm, Rogue, Angel, Beast, etc, etc. exist.

Exactly.

That being said, I am sick of the It's X men, not Cyclops argument. No S***, but guess what the X men are made up of the characters, all of them. One shouldn't be neccesarily more important than the others, they should all have their chance to shine. And Cyclops hasn't.

Yes he has. He just hasn't shined in the particular way YOU want to see him shine. But it cannot be denied that Cyclops has had/will have some fine scenes.

Heh dude, I'm not even a Cyclops fan. His treatment is wrong, but there are even bigger problems with the movie, like the whole rush-job cash-in vibe its giving off. And the fact that its overcrowded with underdeveloped characters, and 2 big plots that fight for time... according the fan reviews. And the fan reviews havent been all positive.

X-MEN and X2 were rushed, too. Both films were "crowded with underdeveloped characters". Both were fine films. And both had several plots that required screentime to explore.

Cyke got shortchanged in X2 but that didn't stop X2 from being an outstanding film. I expect the exact same thing is true of X3.

Agreed.

Us Cyclops fans have been through enough crap already, and yet again we can't get a break.

What have you been through, exactly?

I know you guys would feel differently if it was your favorite character getting screwed over.

Don't know about others, but Cyclops IS my favorite character in the Marvel Universe.

This movie will probably fail me. I won't fool myself. They rushed it, they killed key characters, and went cheap with the fx.

150 million dollars plus is "cheap"?

The Guard said:
Don't know about others, but Cyclops IS my favorite character in the Marvel Universe.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you when you say that Cyclops is your favorite Marvel character. If he was, then what they've done to him would bother you.

Kurosawa said:
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you when you say that Cyclops is your favorite Marvel character. If he was, then what they've done to him would bother you.

You have got to be kidding me.... did you REALLY just say that? You seriously think that everyone feels as screwed over as you do? And that, if they dont, they are not as big a fan as you? Good god! I am beginning to feel sorry for these Cyclops fans... and not in the 'I feel for you' way

I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. It has no bearing on anything. Fact is, it does bother me, as far as it's not a perfect adaption. But then, I never thought it would be, and I never expected it to be, or expected that it could be with all the story and character demands and politics, so I was never set up for a massive disappointment.

Sure, it bothers me that Scott won't be blasting some things with optic blasts and delivering his "Jean, this isn't you" speech.

But you know what really bothers me?

Child abuse
Adult abuse
World hunger
My friends and family
The state of my government and its people
The state of the world in general

I've got bigger things to worry about than one group's version of a comic book mythology.

Psionic Force said:
You have got to be kidding me.... did you REALLY just say that? You seriously think that everyone feels as screwed over as you do? And that, if they dont, they are not as big a fan as you? Good god! I am beginning to feel sorry for these Cyclops fans... and not in the 'I feel for you' way

Every other Cyclops fan is pretty much outrages over this. Even people who aren't big Cyclops fans feel it's wrong.

Psionic Force said:

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"