A Thread For Those Who Have an Optimistic Viewpoint

The Guard said:
I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. It has no bearing on anything. Fact is, it does bother me, as far as it's not a perfect adaption. But then, I never thought it would be, and I never expected it to be, or expected that it could be with all the story and character demands and politics, so I was never set up for a massive disappointment.

Sure, it bothers me that Scott won't be blasting some things with optic blasts and delivering his "Jean, this isn't you" speech.

But you know what really bothers me?

Child abuse
Adult abuse
World hunger
My friends and family
The state of my government and its people
The state of the world in general

I've got bigger things to worry about than one group's version of a comic book mythology.

Yes, but that's not what we're talking about here.

And I think any further discussion of this should go to another thread. I was just replying to a comment, but i know this thread is for people who are still optimistic about the movie, and I'm sorry that I took it off-topic.

Every other Cyclops fan is pretty much outrages over this. Even people who aren't big Cyclops fans feel it's wrong.

That's their right. However, it seems to me though that half of those people haven't even considered the elements involved, and have been completely unwilling to accept any compromise on anything about this franchise. Real mature viewpoints, there.

Yes, but that's not what we're talking about here.

What WERE we talking about, then? There is more to life than X3: THE LAST STAND. The world will still turn if it is not perfect.

The Guard said:
That's their right. However, it seems to me though that half of those people haven't even considered the elements involved, and have been completely unwilling to accept any compromise on anything about this franchise. Real mature viewpoints, there.

What WERE we talking about, then? There is more to life than X3: THE LAST STAND. The world will still turn if it is not perfect.

I'll respond to your comments in the Cyclops thread because I don't want to take this thread off-topic any more.

hunter rider said:
lol
icon10.gif
:up:
Loving your avatar. And I don't care if other people hate it. :up:

On topic, I've been reading from page 1 all the way to here. Safe haven, you say? Glad I wasn't here 6 hours ago.

I'm feeling very little optimism and pessimism. The movie will either be a great movie or it will either suck horribly. There's only one way to find out -- go watch the movie. I really want this movie to be amazing. Truly. But it's looking to be great action-wise, not drama-wise. Critics may nitpick this and say that this movie won't stand on its own two feet w/o the special effects. IMO, the critics can get stuffed. We've had so much drama from the first two movies, so...BRING ON THE ACTION, I SAY!

yep leave all the characterisation to x1 and x2! bring WAR! and DARK PHOENIX! to x3! kill them all!!!!end the trilogy with a big bang!

X-MEN and X2 didn't have THAT much characterization. X3 will clearly have some.

All there is to say about all this drama is to go watch the movie instead of relying on someone else's opinion to make a basis of one's conclusion of the movie. Thank you

Fenix4ce2381 said:
All there is to say about all this drama is to go watch the movie instead of relying on someone else's opinion to make a basis of one's conclusion of the movie. Thank you
Well said.
zmxwu0.gif

FieryBalrog said:
Well, excuse me. :p If I see two trains hurtling towards each other at full speed, its usually a pretty good bet that theres going to be something called a "trainwreck".

The evidence is all here. Multiple reviews, we know the whole plot basically, and we've seen at least a 6th of the movie in clips. Connect the dots.

Not to mention, sometimes things are just obvious. I didnt need to see "You Got Served" to know it was going to suck dong.

If you think it sucks, then for you it sucks. I don't think there's any amount of convincing if you've already made up your mind. This thread is about those who still believe it. Cyclops died. Make a t-shirt already! I love him too I tell you, so I'll probably buy one. :lol

was the ranting loonies part really necessary? Thats all i have ask....

I would just like to say, that I still have complete faith that this movie will be the best of the trilogy, and that I'm getting a little tired of all the whining that's going on. I don't think that anyone has the right to judge until they have actually seen the movie.

Yes, cause a couple days ago, that's exactly what everyone was acting like (some still are)...

Running around like chickens with their heads cut off because their favorite character was getting killed, the run time wasn't long enough, because it just had to be all about them....

but RonStoppable can say this movie rocks all he wants right? And then when i point this out, i'm an *******.

typical. and hypocritical...

I have not once said you were an *******.

Ron has the right to say this movie rocks if he wants. Just like you have the right to say the movie will suck, but neither can really know for sure until May 26th. It's just much much much better to see positivety than negativity.

Negativity is never fun. People don't like being around it plain and simple.

i'm not saying you did. Ron started a thread saying this movie will rock, i came in and say the same thing optimists have been saying for months, and i got jumped on for it.

I didn't jump on you, but for whoever did, I apologize.

The main reason you see so many of the optimists jumping on the negative people is cause of the same reason I just said. Negativity is just not fun to be around. Much nicer to be around happy positive people.

And some of the negativity is just over silly things, that's another thing.

ororoandme said:
even LOTR (which I have read over and over again and am a huge fan of) has problems...so I agree with synnerman, no movie is perfect

oh man.. LOTR's problems were miniscule... the film is in my eyes equally great as the book, just different... the book has problems too. Most notably, a reliance on hokey poetry.

LOTR is the pinnacle of geek film-making... to bring it in to this thread is to profane it.. :p

Secret_Riddle said:
im not saying i agree with all the negative hype becuz cyclops dies but jus to give fans some optimism be glad ur goin into the movie knowing he dies so its had time to sink in cuz if u didnt know im sure ud be alot more angry wen it happened in the movie. plus its x-men and he cud always come bak

So......many.....errors! Brain..melting! Must..type..like..Shatner...speaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"