ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's what they call in the biz, a "triple threat". ;)

You know, that scene could be interpreted just as much that Mulan's feelings were for Phillip, as was hinted at when she was teamed up with Phillip last season...

Or that Family Television Council. They have a trifecta with Mulan: She's an asian lesbian who wants to break up a family.

(That's how they would see it)

Be thankful that they are keeping quiet for now

You know, that scene could be interpreted just as much that Mulan's feelings were for Phillip, as was hinted at when she was teamed up with Phillip last season...

When Aurora asked if Mulan wanted her to go grab Phillip, she said no. It wasn't about Phillip.

I think they played it close to the vest. Nothing totally explicit. Probably to test the waters, to see the reaction of what seems implied.

i don't think they were trying to play close at all... You don't introduce something like that and don't follow up on it later.. that's poor stroy telling. Mulan will have a character arc this season

You know, that scene could be interpreted just as much that Mulan's feelings were for Phillip

Not really. As already noted, she specifically said she was there to talk to Aurora, not Phillip, so I don't know what else the writers could've done to make it obvious that Aurora's the one to whom she was going to confess her feelings.

as was hinted at when she was teamed up with Phillip last season...

There wasn't actually any 'hinting' insofar as Mulan having feelings for Phillip was concerned. Everyone assumed that Mulan's flat-out denial when Aurora asked her point-blank if she was in love with Philip was a 'reflex denial' and that there were feelings there, but nothing was ever actually explicitly or implicitly confirmed.

I think they played it close to the vest. Nothing totally explicit. Probably to test the waters, to see the reaction of what seems implied.

They definitely weren't just 'testing the waters'. Adam and Eddy have gone on record repeatedly stating that they were wanting to bring a homosexual character/relationship into the show, but were only going to do it when they were able to do it organically, which they were able to this past Sunday.

You'll forgive me but in a world where some see "the homosexual agenda" in something as innocent as Bert and Ernie living together I think they are treading lightly. This is Disney after all. Notice they are using Mulan and not say Belle or Cinderella.

People will see what they want to see. And oddly enough those who seem to condemn homosexuality see it everywhere, even where there is none at all.

@Krypton: I don't think anyone - even people like myself who knew about their stated desire to do this type of story - expected them to take an existing and familiar character and change said character's sexuality, and the very fact that they did so is, to me, the exact opposite of 'treading lightly'.

To each their own, though.

I don't know if I'd go right for that label, but she def. wants some of that Aurora action.

Well Hercules is greek, and in the ancient pre Christian world sexual mores were very different. Just saying.

No Tarzan/Beast? Pffft.... try harder, fan artists. :o

Would the Disney Tarzan really be into a "Bear" like the Beast though? He's so hairless and in good shape... I'd think he's more a Chealsea boy type. Also, Beast would remind him too much of his disapproving "Dad".

To be honest my gf and I thought Phillip, still kinda do, not Aurora is who Mulan has feelings for. Going to Aurora would have been the adult thing to do saying she had feelings but then finding out she had a baby would make her get cold feet persay and have her realize there are more important things at stake like her friend needing her through the pregnancy that'll her need to confess her love of Phillip to aurora in this already emotionally charged time.

Yea, it could really go either way. Go back and watch the scene again. Up until Mulan's reaction to Aurora being pregnant I thought it was still Phillip. While I do think its clear what they're implying but I can see how it can be interpreted either way.

Mulan told Robin that she is going to talk to loved one before it's to late, then she ran to Aurora with a big grin on her face to tell her how she had feelings for Aurora's fiance. Please. It's obvious that Mulan loves Aurora!

Here's the Mulan and Aurora scene if anyone wants to watch it again.

[YT]a5od0hNYlwk[/YT]

To be honest my gf and I thought Phillip, still kinda do, not Aurora is who Mulan has feelings for. Going to Aurora would have been the adult thing to do saying she had feelings but then finding out she had a baby would make her get cold feet persay and have her realize there are more important things at stake like her friend needing her through the pregnancy that'll her need to confess her love of Phillip to aurora in this already emotionally charged time.

That's how I read the scene when I saw it. But after rewatching the scene, it does seem to point more that Aurora is the loved one.

I put this out there in the Wonderland thread, and now I want some thoughts on it here. In this last ep of Wonderland we see that Fairies are also in WL. We know that Tinkerbell is in Neverland. Seems that Fairies get around the multiverse, eh? I am not really convinced like some, that the Blue Fairy is some architect of all things on the show... But I am seeing how it COULD be possible. Let's say Tink is in NL, not out of having her wings taken away, but because she wants them back. Could she be on a mission for the Blue Fairy? Why are there Fairies in WL? Well it seems that it's worth having agents in a place where some are trying to "change the laws of magic". We know that the Blue Fairy was considered a great power in FTL long before Rumple became the Dark One as well. What really smacked me in the head though was that if Blue were the author of everything we've seen on the show it would make a kind of meta sense. They are called FAIRY TALES after all. Any thoughts? I'm not sold on it myself so feel free to just tear my idea apart.

^ Hmm. I don't think there's any connection between the FTL fairies (Blue, Green/Tink, and Nova) and the Silvermist Fairy, but to each their own. :)

^ Hmm. I don't think there's any connection between the FTL fairies (Blue, Green/Tink, and Nova) and the Silvermist Fairy, but to each their own. :)

Just spitballin', but you have to admit that Silvermist looked and had powers much like the FTL fairies. Why is this one species of Magical beings being seen across realms/worlds/realities in such a uniform fashion? Again, I actually am not totally sold on BF being a malevolent force at all, but this phemomenom that the writers have of fairies everywhere (ok, that's an overstatement, sure) does stick out to me.

What about Rumple's line to young Regina? "Hehehehe! Roast Swan. Oh you'll get that later." Is Emma gonna get burned up or something? Or just something amusing to Rumple? Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"