ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O'Haire

O'Haire Awesome

Neal's awesome.

2. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Wow, they either need to just stop doing flashbacks with young Baelfire, or recast, because that kid is shooting up like a weed.

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Rumple and Baelfire are gonna go all Batman and NightWing on The Lost Boys and Pan.

4. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This episode just did nothing for me. Would've much rather just got Rumples origin with Pan. And I hope that isn't the only time Bae was in Neverland, esp since he is suppose to be hopping dimensions when he really runs away.

5. KRYPTON INC.

Wow. Totally different reaction from me. I teared up a lot, and felt they expanded on Neal as a character by quite a bit. And I can wait on the full story between Rumple and Pan. That being put out there, does anyone else think Neal is not going to make it to season's end?

6. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Maybe Peter Pan & Rumplestiltskin are brothers.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  7. KRYPTON INC.

Bros would be par for the course with this show.

8. Ultimatehero

Ultimatehero Life is infinite

Another awesome ep. Really love how The Lost Boys is being players out like a cult - they target youth who don't feel like they belong and estranged from their family.

9. Specter313

You see, I'm of the opposite. Not so much that Emma deserves to be with Hook, but that she is so much better than Neal, if just for one simple fact: he let Emma go to jail for his crimes and did absolutely nothing to correct that. Yes, he knew she needed to become the savior, but after she found him again, he did nothing to explain it to her, and even acted like he was better than her about the stuff with Henry, and let Henry think she was the villain in all this. Then in Storybrooke he acted like a *****e when Emma suspected Tamara for good reason. And he's shown he's not above using people, even children, like when he put Robin's boy in danger from the shadow, to get his own needs. I'm more than fine if she moves on with Hook because Neal doesn't deserve her. Emma's not perfect, but most of the time she owns up to her mistakes.

Some more thoughts on tonight's ep:

Liked Regina's smirk when she learned Tamara and especially Greg were dead.

Real good character work tonight.

Pan is a great villain and the actor is doing some great work with him as well. To those who don't think he's evil, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you for cheap. :o

10. KRYPTON INC.

Yowza, yowza, yowza!! Wow. Remind me not to get on your bad side. Yeesh. :wow: :yay:

11. Specter313

Lol, I really don't even get that worked up about him, but it's just that how he's been written so far, I don't see how he can be considered a full good guy/hero when he hasn't atoned at all for his own mistakes.

12. KRYPTON INC.

Is there not a shred of a possibility that, ya know, Neal A. Has a hell of a strong reason for doing all those things, because he knew the EPIC stakes involved? Also B. He LOST Emma as well. Knowing his background, don't you think he suffered as well, losing his true love? Sacrificing your hearts desire for a greater good is, to my eyes very heroic/tragic. And finally C. We see Neal trying his best to protect Emma and Henry ALL THE TIME. Facing the dangers he has since they were reunited tells me a lot about who he is as a person. Unlike, say, Regina, Neal deserves to be cut TONS of slack.

13. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Loved tonight's episode. Love the Neal/Gold stuff and Henry succumbing to Pan's games.

But, yeah, them doing a pre-The Return flashback for Bae with the same actor is questionable considering the actor is now almost two years older than he was then. But it is better than getting a different young actor. Why would it be one actor for Rumple becoming the Dark One and later for falling down the portal, but then another actor entirely for an event taking place in between?

14. KRYPTON INC.

Yeah, they need to do some stories that give the full account of Bae/Neal's life after arriving in Neverland fast before that actor ages out of the role. He's good, and I would hate to see them recast.

15. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Eh. It's not like they're going to be saving that stuff for like season 6 when the actor will be college-aged and it's impossible to buy. They've got their Pan now, I doubt they'd miss doing something like that this season.

16. A Dollar Short

A Dollar Short Well-Known Member

The Rumple and Neal scenes were the highlight for me. I too will admit my eyes got a little wet. The Rumple and Belle scenes are sort of funny in that they remind me of Gollum/Smeagol from LOTR.

I like the actor that plays Peter Pan, he delivers his lines perfectly like a brat you want to punch, but I'm still not sold on him living up to the role of big bad. Cora would crush him with her pinky.

Underwhelmed that nobody on Team Emma-Regina-Snow-Charming-Hook had much to do.

17. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Well, considering the first three episodes were almost entirely anchored by that group, it's time the spotlight got shined somewhere else for a bit.

18. KRYPTON INC.

I like Pan. He feels like an older person on the inside with the body of a youngster. Still, I want some more and they are parceling it out.

As for the lack of forward momentum with our "rescue team", I actually wish we did have a little less of them, believe it or not. I like what I've seen so far, but I miss Storybrooke and the other characters this season. Also, does anyone else get the feeling Hook will eat it next ep? On LOST, they famously almost always had the full revealing of a character's back story in the same ep in which they knocked them off. Just saying.

19. A Dollar Short

A Dollar Short Well-Known Member

I actually wouldn't mind if the "rescue team" weren't shown in a few episodes. It just seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with them tonight.

And yes! I couldn't put my finger on it, but I too miss ole Storybrooke, it's almost like I'm homesick, lol.

20. KRYPTON INC.

I guess it is cool that the creators actually have moved things beyond the initial concept that the first season started out with. And I am not complaining about where the story is going now. However... Yeah, I think it would have been nice to get back to Maine sooner than later. The Henry Rescue op could have taken a back seat for one ep by now. We will see more Storybrooke, I know, but it feels like a long time since we dealt with things there.

21. John Locke

John Locke One is Dark One is Light

An interview made it sound like we have an episode without the rescue crew in [BLACKOUT] Episode 7 [/BLACKOUT]

22. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Rumplestiltskin-Father-Stephen-Lord-1072322.aspx
    Never heard of him, but this should be good. :up:

23. KRYPTON INC.

Never seen a thing with him in it.

24. Milos

Milos Well-Known Member

:whatever:

25. KRYPTON INC.

Dude... Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true. :woot:

This is coming from someone who, when Graham got his heart ripped out and turned into Regina's sex slave was all, "I'm not seeing a downside for this guy.":cwink:

Regina's pain, or suffering, or whatever is no excuse for the pain and suffering she has inflicted on others, the vast majority (cuz it was not just The Charmings that whom she messed with in enacting the Curse) of which had NOTHING to do with her. Just saying. She's crazy sexy. BUT SHE IS CRAZY. :word:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.