ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milos

Milos Well-Known Member

Regina can be crazy as hell, still doesn't change the fact that lots of those people she cursed deserved what they got! We still didn't see Regina's full backstory, but in what we've seen so far every single person she came in contact to when she was young messed her over. Jefferson, Whale, Rumpelstiltskin, Blue fairy and the list probably goes on and on.... New episodes new seasons will reveal more stories!

2. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

A. So again, a handful of people "wronging" her justifies the Curse Nuking of almost an entire realm? That's what we call a major over reaction.

B. How has the Blue Fairy screwed her over? As I recall, it was the BF that SAVED Regina from a barrage of arrows when Snow (you know, Evil, Evil Snow) wanted to save Regina from execution and offered her a chance to end their feud.

C. Has it ever occurred to you that, as I've stated before, Regina CHOOSES to (though she seems to be trying to change lately) stay angry and resentful, and wrathful, because she wants to? And that any blame she places on others is just a product of her ego and addiction to her own supposed victimhood?

3. Milos

Milos Well-Known Member

I never said Snow is evil, I like Snow! I never said Regina was perfect I know she chooses to do all that stuff, I just said she has a good reason and it's not all black and white! Blue fairy knew that Rumpelstiltskin is training Regina for the curse and she did nothing!

4. KRYPTON INC.

Even if what you are saying is correct (I am blanking now as to whether BF knew Regina was getting lessons from the Dark One), how is that "screwing" Regina over? Regina CHOSE to train with Rumple.

Also, need I remind you of the multiple times Regina has been given clemency and shown mercy by our heroes (And indeed, Snow, Charming, the Dwarves, Granny, Ruby et. al. have shown the hearts of TRUE HEROES) she's rejected it? It was only 2 eps ago that the character herself confirmed what I just posted before. That she is addicted to her anger and rage. Well sir, THAT is on her. No one else. Regina could've been a hero. She could have been a force for good. But she has chosen time and again the path of darkness. Instead of overcoming her circumstances and emotions she has instead harmed, out of spite, all in her orbit. She fancies herself a Queen, but she is really just a child with too much power.

5. Milos

Milos Well-Known Member

Regina didn't chose anything when it comes to Rumpelstiltskin he manipulated her, her broke her to create his monster as he said! Stuff she did after she became a monster, that's a different story but still with a reason.

6. KRYPTON INC.

He manipulated her, sure, but he manipulated what was there in her heart. Her anger. Her unwillingness to see that it was her mother, NOT a preteen girl, that killed her love. Regina, at any time, could choose to let go of her feelings of resentment and victimhood. Instead she lashes out at the world at large. She has chosen to rape, to kill, hell even children are not immune to her caprice (See Hansel and Gretl). I know you have stated that there is a kind of reasoning to her anger, but the way you write about it sounds like excusing the character more than anything.

What I think we can both agree on (even as the big strong hetero man I am :woot:) is that Regina/Lana always looks FABULOUS!!!! :word:

7. PyroChamber

PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

But only when she's the Queen.

8. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Seeing Lost Boy Felix who is always bragging and going on about his bro-crush Pan getting knocked out by Neal was my highlight of the episode :)

9. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

actually the mayor outfit of the knee highs and long coat arnt that bad either :woot:

10. KRYPTON INC.

Speaking of sartorial choices, I have to ask, why hasn't Regina poofed herself up more appropriate clothing for the rescue teams Neverland jaunt? I mean, Rumple got his old digs out of mothballs, and it fits where they are. Regina could have done the same. They saving money on wardrobe or is this a sign of something in her? I mean she finally did owe up to be addicted to her own anger. Is there a real (for now) change going on in her?

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Probably for the sake of Lana Parilla's comfort. Rumple strutting around Neverland in a leather jacket? Eh. BFD. Regina trekking through the island wearing her usual FTL wardrobe? I imagine that would lose it's appeal for the actress after awhile.

12. KRYPTON INC.

Well it doesn't have to be that out there. She could have poofed them all up some freaking kakis and a pith helmet each.

13. Frodo

Frodo Well-Known Member

I think they should keep the kid too. Though he looks like a Young Mike Nesmith circa 1966. And Peter Pan has kinda has a Davy Jones vibe going, hmm...

14. Milos

Milos Well-Known Member

Sneak peek for next ep. Regina is so sweet!
    [YT]OJ6uyMQnJfo#t=36[/YT]

15. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Loved this past episode, it might be the best of the season yet, good stuff. Felix getting knocked out was sweet and then Neal is a total idiot and rids himself of Rumple.

16. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

Why would Neal trust Rumple? Especially when Pan told him about the prophecy?

Rump has screwed him over too many times that it would be impossible for Neal to place any additional trust in him, even in this kind of situation.

17. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Yeah, oh that idiot Neal, not trusting the guy who has always chosen power over anything else and came very close to murdering his grandson last year when he became a threat to that.

18. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Given that Neal is my favorite character right now, I loved Sunday's episode! Love the backstory for Rumple and Neal. Can't wait to see the backstory of Rumple and Peter.

19. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

My guess is they are brothers but every time that Rumple & Peter have been face to face they haven't addressed each other as brothers maybe it is all a ruse until they do the backstory.

20. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

According to Adam Horowitz's twitter, the show premiered two years ago today. :up:

21. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

I agree he shouldn't trust him but use him at least he is the second most powerful being in Neverland right now and he had very little protection to speak of as he walked into the forest that is filled with Peter Pans Lost Boys. Wasn't a lot of logic in the move for me.

22. KRYPTON INC.

Ok, so after seeing WONDERLAND tonite and the events that transpired in the flashback, I am now thinking that Maleficient HAS to start playing a bigger role in things once we are done with Neverland and get back to good ole Maine. Last we saw her she did seem to be regenerating in some way. Just as a kick in the head I think it would be cool if when our heroes get back Mal has taken over the town, maybe even returned it to it's cursed state. I think Mal would be great as a true frenemy of Regina's. Sort of like an addicts drug buddy that keeps tempting them with the promise of one last hit of the good stuff.

23. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

24. Maximus One

Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

This. A thousand times this. Could be possible too since True Blood will be ending next summer

25. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Don't we get to see Ariel tomorrow? I thought I remembered them saying before her solo episode we get to see her interact with the gang in neverland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.