Justice League Should Warner do the opposite of Marvel re:JL?

Hobbit was not very good, i even went with a friend that didn't go to the theaters for years and only wanted to go due to his love of the lord of the rings trilogy, disapointing was a small word for his reaction.

The film had too slow of a begining, i know what setting up is, it worked in fellowship of the ring, but it didn't work on the hobbit, i don't think the main problem were the many dwarves, it was that the film had way too many villain, i mean, sauron again, a dragon, the albino dude (who actually looked pretty cool) and the troll king.

That's way too much being throun around, and considering the albino bad guy was added to the films they should have given him a conclusion in the first film, there's enough villain for the next 2 already.

The Hobbit was good, just not a very good adaptation, considering the much expanded role given to Azog (who is only ever mentioned in passing) and pretty much everyone. I know Jackson didn't want to make a trilogy, but rather than expanded editions, what The Hobbit really needs are abridged editions.

"The hobbit was not good"

"The hobbit was good"

I think it be easier to say "I liked the Hobbit" or "I didn't like the hobbit", for future reference, before you guys go back and forth.

That's not true. The X-Men franchise did not have solo films before their team Up movie (and eventually spun off the Wolverine solo franchise) and they are makiing Guardians of the Galaxy without solo pics. I wouldn't say that DC is doing the opposite of Marvel since Marvel has done it both ways. This is a false equivalence.
Agreed....not only that; but, those Marvel solo films was in effect an origin story for the Avengers team-up....not necessarily the comics origin(which would involve AntMan & Wasp), but you get the logistics.

As far as JL is concern...I think origins for the big three would suffice. Two has been done; WW should be the final one before a JL. If they choose to continue with GL Hal, whether they recast Ryan or not, that origin is an added bonus. Which leaves Flash imo, can go either way...in a solo film, or a brief description in JL. All of this said regardless the direction they take with Nolan's Batman...whether Bale retain the role or re-cast; no need to re-do Batman's origin.

On a side note, I am a fan of Aquaman, and I would be sadly disappointed if he is regulated to a later film...he should be apart of the first incarnation of JL. Certainly, I would love to see a solo film featuring Aquaman; but, like Flash & WW, I don't think it will happen.

D.C. has no concept or direction; and that pisses me off.

"The hobbit was not good"

"The hobbit was good"

I think it be easier to say "I liked the Hobbit" or "I didn't like the hobbit", for future reference, before you guys go back and forth.
Enjoyment doesn't matter in the evaluation of a movie's quality, it doesn't need to be good for me to enjoy, and it certainly doesn't need to be bad for me to dislike it

Agreed....not only that; but, those Marvel solo films was in effect an origin story for the Avengers team-up....not necessarily the comics origin(which would involve AntMan & Wasp), but you get the logistics.

As far as JL is concern...I think origins for the big three would suffice. Two has been done; WW should be the final one before a JL. If they choose to continue with GL Hal, whether they recast Ryan or not, that origin is an added bonus. Which leaves Flash imo, can go either way...in a solo film, or a brief description in JL. All of this said regardless the direction they take with Nolan's Batman...whether Bale retain the role or re-cast; no need to re-do Batman's origin.

On a side note, I am a fan of Aquaman, and I would be sadly disappointed if he is regulated to a later film...he should be apart of the first incarnation of JL. Certainly, I would love to see a solo film featuring Aquaman; but, like Flash & WW, I don't think it will happen.

D.C. has no concept or direction; and that pisses me off.

I think Armie Hammer called it right when he said that Marvel built their fan bases in the run up to "Avengers" with the solo films in an interview last week. When "Avengers" released, you had Hulk fans, Iron Man fans, Thor fans, and Captain America fans filling the theater seats. It turned into a big payday for them. The thing is that the WB/DCE already have established fan bases in their two flagship characters, Batman and Superman, which have already had successful solo films, and there was a solo film for Green Lantern (which was a disappointment). You have a Justice League film featuring Batman and Superman along with the other (second tier) characters and you may have a bigger payday than "Avengers". There is no need for solo films for Flash or Wonder Woman before then just like there were none for Hawkeye and Black Widow (or for that matter Nick Fury) for it to be a success. Let them have their films as spin-offs should they be warranted.

My point is: once you have a well written movie with well written characters, people will just go along with it.

Why people don't understand this, I don't even know.

There are tons of ensemble movies where you didn't need to watch a two hour origin movie for each character beforehand. People just think its needed because Avengers did it...but Avengers is the ONLY case of a superhero team crossover film so far. We don't know what an alternate route to a team up film would look like, so to act like the MCU way is the only good way to do it is silly.

Why people don't understand this, I don't even know.

There are tons of ensemble movies where you didn't need to watch a two hour origin movie for each character beforehand. People just think its needed because Avengers did it...but Avengers is the ONLY case of a superhero team crossover film so far. We don't know what an alternate route to a team up film would look like, so to act like the MCU way is the only good way to do it is silly.

Well, there was "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", if that counts.

Well, there was "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", if that counts.

I could argue the "Ocean's Eleven" series. Did you know who those people were going into the theaters? Did you know what their histories were? Did you know how one character related to another charcter? PROBABLY NOT.

So do you think each of thoses characters needed a solo movie before that movie came out?

They ONLY need a compelling story and compelling characters for this to work. That being said I am not that confident with Goyer being lead writer. He needs a bit of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"