Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 2

It is absolutely appalling and DISGUSTING that people keep bringing this up as a possibility. Rape is NOT A PLOT DEVICE, people. Movies that involve it address the weight and horror of it. They're not using it because they need one of their characters to get pregnant. For the love of god stop suggesting it.

Except its something very real and it does happen....... You going to go get mad at law and order: svu too? I actually think ignoring it in media is a greater and larger travesty. More people that are aware the better.

Well he's the devil isn't he? Kind of symbolism there.

Truth be told it wouldn't even have to be something as drastic as rape. She could make a mistake, get pregnant. And then come to find out he's an incredibly horrible person, and she despises the fact she's carrying his child

Being "R"ed by the devil looking guy and being pregnant with a "demon baby" is a pretty scary plot... it would also mirror the idea of "seeds being planted" in the past that would affect the future.

Truth be told it wouldn't even have to be something as drastic as rape. She could make a mistake, get pregnant. And then come to find out he's an incredibly horrible person, and she despises the fact she's carrying his child

Yeah true....that could be as well. I think it would give her an interesting arc having her pregnant with NC. And she could use her power to hide the bump...

ive also thought, that while Mystique has an intriguing relationship with Magneto, she interacts with no female (fight or otherwise) with anyone in the entire franchise. She's always fighting or killing men. It'd be interesting if Singer eventually went the lesbian/Destiny route with her, yes some would argue she was flirting with wolverine in X2, but what if that's just typical seductress mystique we know in the comics? she's a femme fatale and has always used her sexuality to get both in peoples heads and to take advantage of them (like mr loreo the prison guard).

I could easily see a traumatic relationship with Azazel lead to her not wanting his child and "switching teams" in Destiny.

I just read that Alan Cumming will be Macbeth on Broadway from April through June. Guess that rules out his return, unless they recast?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nightcrawler doesn't return, although they could surprise us with a brief cameo. If not, perhaps he will be a casualty of the dystopian future. Surely, some of these guys must be.

I just read that Alan Cumming will be Macbeth on Broadway from April through June. Guess that rules out his return, unless they recast?

well when does filming begin? April-June really isnt a whole lotta time

I could easily see a traumatic relationship with Azazel lead to her not wanting his child and "switching teams" in Destiny.

If they make her a lesbian, I hope it wasn't because she was in a bad relationship with Azazel. That doesn't exactly make someone gay...

If they make her a lesbian, I hope it wasn't because she was in a bad relationship with Azazel. That doesn't exactly make someone gay...

no, but it does make a bisexual choose another side. (trust me, im gay and mean no disrespect) but there's plenty of women who have gotten into a lesbian relationship after having a bad one with men. Does it make them "gay" no.. not necessarily. There could have been signs all there life. But... That also being said I do think sexuality is fluid, and having a relationship with a woman doesn't exactly make her a lesbian either.

not only that, but she wouldn't "go gay" because of a bad relationship, she'd fall for destiny/find comfort when she was in need of a friend and someone who actually made her feel special.

As long as they never deal with Sabretooth and Graydon Creed... i'll be happy.

Mystique loved sex and giving birth apparently (in the comics) but was always a horrible mother.

Last edited:
She seems to be with Magneto still in X1... I mean they kiss in bed in First Class...what else happened? Are they "together" ? I don't understand.

She seems to be with Magneto still in X1... I mean they kiss in bed in First Class...what else happened? Are they "together" ? I don't understand.

mags showed no sexual interest in her in FC... though she was attracted to him. But she bounced around a bit in that. eager to like anyone who payed her attention

It is strange where you people's conversations go... I don't even see any hint that any of this is going to be in Days of Future Past.

This forum has given Mystique a big arc already...

She gets raped by Azazel, gives birth to a demon-child, abandons him, and then becomes a lesbian and hooks up with granny Destiny. lol

it felt emotionless on Erik's part though. imo

Agreed. I am curious to see what's happened between them in the following 11 years, though.

Since we're discussing the FC cast, why is it that Jones hasn't been invited back? Magneto made such effort to bust her out of a CIA prison. She can't just be dropped.

Except its something very real and it does happen....... You going to go get mad at law and order: svu too? I actually think ignoring it in media is a greater and larger travesty. More people that are aware the better.

Trivialising rape by using it as a plot device would probably be a greater travesty here. Not that I think that the X-Men franchise would actually go into this territory anyway.

The main reason this "rape" thing wouldn't work?

Mystique's turn and development into the cold, hate-filled killer we know from the previous films should revolve around the core concepts of the franchise...hatred and bigotry against mutants, and her eventually militant reaction to this.

Last edited:
young Mystique should be attacked by a group of humans, being alone in the city at night, in the streets

THAT would be a very dramatic moment and would give Raven the ultimate reason to hate on humans, appart than giving Jennifer a powerfull scene, if done right.

She has the talent to do it, would be really appreciated if the creative team was able to really show stuff like that.

This franchise should REALLY show what humans are capable of, and Mystique is the perfect victim right now.

Mystique's turn and development into the cold, hate-filled killer we know from the previous films should revolve around the core concepts of the franchise...hatred and bigotry against mutants, and her eventually militant reaction to this.

No, the real reason this rape thing wouldn't work is because it's awful and horrifying and has absolutely no place whatsoever in this franchise, least of all as a plot device so we can tie Mystique to Nightcrawler. I'm still reeling that anyone would suggest such a thing. Yikes.

But that's predictable and completely one dimensional. The only problems mutants will ever face is discrimination? yes that should always be apparent but you need more than that imo

Trivialising rape by using it as a plot device would probably be a greater travesty here. Not that I think that the X-Men franchise would actually go into this territory anyway.

Ok my bad. rape should never be in any form of media because if we ignore it we can pretend it never happens. *rollseyes *

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"