The Force Awakens Adam Driver as Kylo Ren - Part 1

Oh I think that she was. It was clearly extremely tragic circumstances that drove them apart, and even then they stayed married and there's clearly still a lot of affection between them. Plus we have no evidence that either of them had other romances afterward.

Since they had likely been separated a while, or at least that's the idea the film gave that it had been a while since they had seen one another I'd say they had gone their separate ways only really coming together again because of the events of the movie so she probably isn't holding on to him like the love of her life because she likely accepted their separation long ago even if she did still still feel some effection there, assuming they both made the decision to split

As for kylo she probably still won't let him go because he is her son who she feels he was groomed and taken away by snoke and the hardest thing for her probably would be accepting he can't be saved

Last edited:
:waa: Its so sad to know that only Leia survived and Han did not...it'll be interesting to see how she copes, with or without Luke at her side. For Leia, as a mother it will be hard for her to accept that her son can't be saved despite what he did to his father. :waa: oh the feels...the feels! :(

Depends on how they're gonna treat Kylo Ren. Will they redeem him somehow? Will he survive? Is he gonna stay on the Darkside and perish there? Or he will be the second major evil character to survive the trilogy after Palpatine? Leia's role will depend on that and only that, I believe.

^ They were definitely the love of each other's lives, even after the separation. It's just a complex relationship.

^ They were definitely the love of each other's lives, even after the separation. It's just a complex relationship.

I think they were truly in love and remained so in the intervening years but they were such different people that it felt inevitable that they weren't going to stay together forever, especially with their son turning to the dark side, another inevitability. I anticipate that Han's death will continue to be a big blow for Leia moving forward even if they had grown apart. Because of what it means for her son and because Han was so important to her. I think she may be more blood thirsty in the next movie.

I'm really curious to see what Luke's reaction to it is. He might already know due to some indication through the force. If not Rey is going to have to explain why Han isn't piloting the Falcon.

Agreed. Let's not kid ourselves, Han isn't the sit down and be a part of the New Republic government type. Doesn't mean he loved Leia any less.

... like I did beside the lake on Naboo?

:ninja:

lol

I think they were truly in love and remained so in the intervening years but they were such different people that it felt inevitable that they weren't going to stay together forever, especially with their son turning to the dark side, another inevitability. I anticipate that Han's death will continue to be a big blow for Leia moving forward even if they had grown apart. Because of what it means for her son and because Han was so important to her. I think she may be more blood thirsty in the next movie.

I'm really curious to see what Luke's reaction to it is. He might already know due to some indication through the force. If not Rey is going to have to explain why Han isn't piloting the Falcon.

Yeah I think luke knows I think he would have felt it. I would really like to see a vision or something with luke and Solo because it sucks we didn't get to see them together in TFA and that we didn't get to see them together at all during the 30 years gap in the story between ROTJ and TFA

I still wish they expanded more on their relationship in the movie, but I love the way Han calls out Ben's name in the bridge scene. It has just the right mix of familiarity and authority, like "come here right now young man you!"

t0hcBVg.jpg

I think they were truly in love and remained so in the intervening years but they were such different people that it felt inevitable that they weren't going to stay together forever, especially with their son turning to the dark side, another inevitability. I anticipate that Han's death will continue to be a big blow for Leia moving forward even if they had grown apart. Because of what it means for her son and because Han was so important to her. I think she may be more blood thirsty in the next movie..

I doubt it. That has never been her character.

Tbh i can see hans death effecting kylo more then i can leia

If anything leia will deal with her grief quietly, this trilogy is about the newbies after all

Last edited:
Leia is interesting because she takes more after Anakin that Luke ever did. Not NEARLY as bad mind you, but similar traits. So I wonder if that'll factor in moving forward?

I think I know why Kylo sports the long luscious hair look.
8d66cab4d2f49e3d823160daa55aaea6.jpg

To hide and/or take the focus off of his ears.
rtr3c9gf.jpg
That's the real reason he led his little rebellion against Luke. Too many people picking on his ears!

After reading that article about the differences between the film and the novelization, I really wish that had left in Kylo's line after Rey claims Anakin's lightsaber. It would have been cool to see him react with, "It IS you!"

Leia is interesting because she takes more after Anakin that Luke ever did. Not NEARLY as bad mind you, but similar traits. So I wonder if that'll factor in moving forward?

Luke had something of Anakin's risky impatience. But I'd say father/mother and daughter shared the innate ability to push beyond a tragedy and follow through with their responsibilities. Anakin's one major exception to that rule (falling to the dark side) changed the galactic landscape. Were Leia to ever do that, hypothetically, I'd expect near disastrous results.

Astrix for Luke. Also note that Anakin loved Padme despite everyone believing it was wrong to do so. Luke believed his father could be redeemed despite everyone believing it was hopeless. Both men were pretty darn confident in their own feelings, willing to risk everything to go after what they believed (when they were all alone in believing so).

Luke and Leia each take after their parents, honestly.

Someone took its food away and it yelled, "TRAITOR!"

Astrix for Luke. Also note
that Anakin loved Padme despite everyone believing it was wrong to do so. Luke believed his father could be redeemed despite everyone believing it was hopeless. Both men were pretty darn confident in their own feelings, willing to risk everything to go after what they believed (when they were all alone in believing so).

Luke and Leia each take after their parents, honestly.

That was very spot on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"