After Sandman is defeated

Spider-Bite

Superhero
Reaction score
I think the best way to hint that Sandman is still "out there: is the following.

He is defeated by getting blown up high in the sky. At the end of the movie after the final swing the camera shows that all over the city, when you look really, really close up to the top of a building or the pavement of a sidewalk, or an alley, you see a very small amount of little grains of sand that look like they are all blowing in a direction pointing to the same spot somewhere.

It's to hint that he's reforming, or rebuilding. Pulling himself back together. When he does come back later on in the series and if he comes back, it could be explained that it took himself years to put himself back together. He's angry, crazy, and furious to having spent years like that in his own prison sort of. Unable to talk, or do anything but blow in the wind.

You never know if they are going to do a sinister 6 movie. and it's me personal opinion that cliffangers or preludes or hints at the end of a movie like that should not be done for the sake of helping the next movie, but only for the sake of helping the movie they appear in.

I think that Harry finding his daddy's goblin gear helped part 2 in areas of excitement and suspense. your like "oh crap"
I think that even if Sandman never returns it's still a cool thing to do at the end of the movie. and as you notice franchise get reused over and over again. Look at Batman. It's been revamped.

With Spider-Man 10 years after the final spider-man movie comes out, there very well might be a spider-girl franchise, because a revamp wont work with spider-man. Unless they drastically changed the story it would be the same story all over again.

I think your description is too art house.

Although i think the best way would be some super shop-vac, he will most likely get done in with water.

Anyone remember the old Genesis game when your in the park being chased by sandman and the only way to beat him is to lure him into the fire hydrant and soak him?

How about quick-dry cement. That'd show em! >.>

- Syn

I think they could save Sandman... leave it up in the air... I'm pretty sure Ock will come back and there might be a Sinister Six... I just want to see them go in an entirely new direction with 4-6... i mean... everyone will already be established... bring back Ock... I think the King Pin could fit in nice if they could get his rights... not big on Black Cat but u might run out of women to use so why not... I could see Sandman and Ock working together on the Sinister Six or something like that...

Robotchicken said:
i can see spidey electricuting him, turning him into glass, then busting him everywere...maybe they put him in a box and hide him in with the arc of the cuvonent LOL
Well sand is glass (silica), and glass is one of the best insulators against electricity so that is probably not going to happen. I could maybe see Sandman in a last act Saving spidey from an intense inferino (maybe a burning building lol) and being turned into glass and shattering. I think they should go with the comic story where he gets dipursed among an entire beach and takes a long time to pull himself together.

what we truley don't know is how it's going to work. Keep in mind this will be the first time in a spiderman movie that we have more than one villan (assuming venom and green goblin II). We don't know if there will be any partnership, or how rami is gonna have the story structured and maybe have one villain per act. I have a feeling it's gonna be a hell of a ride and something new (story structure -wise)

Spider-Bite said:
You never know if they are going to do a sinister 6 movie.
I sincerely hope not. I just don't see it working in a 2 hour movie without ending up like another pile of s**t from Joel Schumacher.

I'd like to see the remains of Sandman start to reform but then get urinated on by a dog.

A woman seen buying cat liter at a store,goes home,fills the litter box up and says to her cat that she has got some fresh litter for him.Then when the woman is in another room you see the cat in the littter box and before it gets the chance to use it,the cat is sucked to the bottom of the litter box and the song Sandman comes on.

GoldGoblin said:
A woman seen buying cat liter at a store,goes home,fills the litter box up and says to her cat that she has got some fresh litter for him.Then when the woman is in another room you see the cat in the littter box and before it gets the chance to use it,the cat is sucked to the bottom of the litter box and the song Sandman comes on.
hahaha i love it, i can actually visualize that too...:up:

OMG that is brilliant LOL!

Must have that scene in the Movie!

Cat getting sucked to the bottom of the litter box haha :)

Spider-Bite said:
I think the best way to hint that Sandman is still "out there: is the following.

He is defeated by getting blown up high in the sky. At the end of the movie after the final swing the camera shows that all over the city, when you look really, really close up to the top of a building or the pavement of a sidewalk, or an alley, you see a very small amount of little grains of sand that look like they are all blowing in a direction pointing to the same spot somewhere.

It's to hint that he's reforming, or rebuilding. Pulling himself back together. When he does come back later on in the series and if he comes back, it could be explained that it took himself years to put himself back together. He's angry, crazy, and furious to having spent years like that in his own prison sort of. Unable to talk, or do anything but blow in the wind.
While the idea is good, I believe the execution of it needs some work.

For one - what could possibly blow him up in the air? Unless Spider-Man has a giant leaf-blower, it's not going to happen. The wind isn't just going to pick him up and blow him to pieces if Sandman jumps high enough. Plus - that would be a lot of sand to throw up in the air - who would be doing it? Hmmm? Spider-Man with a shovel on the top of a building?

However - they could dump him into the ocean - letting the ocean currents do their work at separating him piece by piece. Then - you see people and kids head out to the beach, and take back sand on their clothes, and then he's slowly reforming.

Or show his face forming a beach during a camera zoom-out. That would be cool.

AnimeJune said:

For one - what could possibly blow him up in the air?

Pumpkin bomb, maybe?

AnimeJune said:

For one - what could possibly blow him up in the air? Unless Spider-Man has a giant leaf-blower, it's not going to happen. The wind isn't just going to pick him up and blow him to pieces if Sandman jumps high enough. Plus - that would be a lot of sand to throw up in the air - who would be doing it? Hmmm? Spider-Man with a shovel on the top of a building?

However - they could dump him into the ocean - letting the ocean currents do their work at separating him piece by piece. Then - you see people and kids head out to the beach, and take back sand on their clothes, and then he's slowly reforming.

Or show his face forming a beach during a camera zoom-out. That would be cool.

well I agree with much of your post however spider-man is an arial fighter. Sandman could totally chase spider-man up the side of a building. They could end up on a rooftop for all we know, or if Sandman was entraped in something and brought high up in the air to be blown up where no civillains would be in danger from the explosion.

perhaps a group of young kids are playing with some sand that they just happened to stumble across in the middle of the street when it suddenly forms a hand and grabs the ankle of a little boy or girl.

Spider-Bite said:
well I agree with much of your post however spider-man is an arial fighter. Sandman could totally chase spider-man up the side of a building. They could end up on a rooftop for all we know, or if Sandman was entraped in something and brought high up in the air to be blown up where no civillains would be in danger from the explosion.
Spidey is an aerial fighter - but he doesn't carry explosives. Are you suggesting that Spidey and Goblin might be working together on this one?

I'm just saying you never know. For all we know in the heat of the moment pete must be faced with a choice where either Sandman dies or a bunch of other inncoent people die.

However green goblin might die trying to save spidey in this one. if and when Harry dies I hope it's saving spider-man. too valuable of a storyline to waste from the original comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"