Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally see many of comic book fans are not going to be very happy after watching the film

Next week should really be interesting...Then we will get a real read from the audience ....
Anyway I did get a good laugh in today...It was during the Batman vs Superman/Aka/Jesus..Trailer...
(Do you bleed?..You will...) ..Man I busted a gut,, and I'm still cleaning off chunks of Chinese food from my computer screen.....
Never knew DC could make great comedies but I was wrong.....Looks like a real side splitter...

Last edited:
Everyone of us is going to have some problem with this movie in some form that's expected...
But from what I have heard and from what I have seen from the trailers its going to be one Hell of a Ride, I really don't see any movie matching it this year...Star Wars included...
I will let the Solo installments clear up some of the issue's that Whedon introduced...
I am going to see it for what it is and Enjoy it....

Last edited:
Based on what?

Well let see judging from the comments

Hulk and widow relationship
Hulk not talking
Hulk losing to Hulk buster
OS dying
Thor is not powerful( which is very stupid cause clearly thor is very strong in the first avengers )

To me all these sound awesome and I can't to wait see it in 3 days

...of course I understand that. In fact Whedon's personal "touch" is even more obvious in The Avengers and AoU since Whedon is both director and writer. :funny:

What I'm concerned with is
a) As you stated, Joss has little concern for continuity in not only the solo movies but in The Avengers...which he also wrote and
b) These aren't 100% original stories/characters and he should be somewhat faithful to the source material, and by extension, the fans.

My response wasn't aimed at you - sorry for the misunderstanding. I was supporting your previous statement and this one here! :yay:

doesn't have to be Liv Tyler! we didn't have to have Norton to have a good portrayal of the Hulk :yay:

Liv Tyler wouldn't be a great match for Ruffalo so I would support Marvel recasting the character.

My response wasn't aimed at you - sorry for the misunderstanding. I was supporting your previous statement and this one here! :yay:

Liv Tyler wouldn't be a great match for Ruffalo so I would support Marvel recasting the character.

I don't think Liv was ever a chance to come back.

Exactly!!! I'm a Hulk fan as well and after days of reading this, it's become clear!! Wheedon could care less about the Hulk and how he's portrayed on screen!! This movie seems to be total b.s.!! I would rather he had not been in it then to be reduced to a mindless ape who gets knocked out by iron man then runs away before the final battle.. That's not the Hulk!! That's B.s.!! This isn't Buffy the vampire slayer.. This is one of the most powerful figures in the marvel universe!! If he can't be done right.. Then leave him alone!!
Seems like a bit of an overreaction to something you have no first hand knowledge or experience with. People seem to be so tense and antsy for this film that any news they don't like is like a death knell for them in their possible enjoyment of the film. I don't get the point in getting so worked up for something they've yet to experience.

Last edited:
Based upon french reviews, Ruffalo's Hulk isn't really discussed which is a combination of other characters getting their deserved spotlight but also based upon what the story around him seems to be. The only comments about him are related on whether they liked the romance or not.

And that's the thing. We have been told that Feige is happy that people walked out with Hulk as favorite from first Avengers, Joss Whedon stated that he and Hawkeye were the characters he didn't want in this phase of movies because he had 'big plans' for them in AOU. And so far, the only thing that we're getting from the story is a romance and then leaving the Avengers. Is that really all there is with him in this story? Those were the big plans Joss had?

Hulk didn't even talk much, so that's out of the window? I am glad that Hawkeye and others got spotlight, but Whedon seems to have taken his former running start away from him in order to do that. This is only going to add to people stating that there is nothing left to do with his character.

Based upon french reviews, Ruffalo's Hulk isn't really discussed which is a combination of other characters getting their deserved spotlight but also based upon what the story around him seems to be. The only comments about him are related on whether they liked the romance or not.

And that's the thing. We have been told that Feige is happy that people walked out with Hulk as favorite from first Avengers, Joss Whedon stated that he and Hawkeye were the characters he didn't want in this phase of movies because he had 'big plans' for them in AOU. And so far, the only thing that we're getting from the story is a romance and then leaving the Avengers. Is that really all there is with him in this story? Those were the big plans Joss had?

Hulk didn't even talk much, so that's out of the window? I am glad that Hawkeye and others got spotlight, but Whedon seems to have taken his former running start away from him in order to do that. This is only going to add to people stating that there is nothing left to do with his character.

A romance is a big part of the story though and it's not like he isn't going to be destroying things. He has the opening fight scene, a huge one on one fight with Iron Man and the ending fight before he leaves and that's with me not reading every detailed spoiler.

A romance is a big part of the story though.

This is the problem though. The reviews state the romance dominates Banners story and I haven't seen any of the reviews rave about this story (they mostly state it happens in terms of character development or don't like it).

Romances haven't dominated IM, Cap or Thors stories and have just complimented the main plot. I think focusing on one thing may have diminished Banners role (the same may happen to Widow as well).

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to something you have no first hand knowledge or experience with. People seem to be so tense and antsy for this film that any news they don't like is like a death knell for them in their possible enjoyment of the film. I don't get the point in getting so worked up for something they've yet to experience.

yeah its a bizarre phenomenon. and trying to talk them down using facts and logic doesnt seem to work.

So does Tony use his brainwaves at all to build Ultron like Hank did with his? Or base Ultron's personality from him? Just wondering cause of all the quips and snark that Ultron seems to be having in this universe.
Yes he did.
Not really. The Scepter had a whole AI inside, way more complex than JARVIS, and Stark was just trying meshing the two of them together to create the ultimate AI. They never said he used his brainwaves.

Anyway, that whole Scepter thing was confusing to me. First it has an super AI inside of it, then there's a gem inside, then it fires blue lasers, then it turns people into servants... Yeesh... Just pick something and stick with it.

I guess people joined in just to kill a few days by trolling. I must applaud the board regulars here for not taking the bait. If it was the Batman boards, that would've been a different scenario. Those guys are very defensive. Take a hint trolls.

Anyway, that whole Scepter thing was confusing to me. First it has an super AI inside of it, then there's a gem inside, then it fires blue lasers, then it turns people into servants... Yeesh... Just pick something and stick with it.

I think they hadn't initially planned on the scepter containing an Infinity Gem. didn't they use to say it was powered by the Tesseract? that's why its powers - and color - are all over the place.

I think they hadn't initially planned on the scepter containing an Infinity Gem. didn't they use to say it was powered by the Tesseract? that's why its powers - and color - are all over the place.

Yeah it seemed like they wrote it as they went along. It seemed retconed and not in a subtle, thoughtful or smart way. The reveal happens so fast, it's like "oh by the way, there you go... Infinity Stone everyone. Moving on." The whole Infinty Stones thing they got going make less and less sense the more they delve into it.

Yeah. They stone is actually yellow, right? Kind of random giving it a blue shell.

IS Quicksilver going to come back? Can't he heal fast?

I assume he will at some point. don't they all? :cwink:

but in the film he is clearly dead. the people who claimed Maria Hill mentioned quick healing as one of QS's powers were mistaken, as we saw in the clip they released with her talking to Cap.

IS Quicksilver going to come back? Can't he heal fast?

He can always come back, especially when SW and Dr Strange will be around. I'd love to see SW obsessed with finding a way to bring him back if she really is in the Dr Strange film.

I assume he will at some point. don't they all? :cwink:

but in the film he is clearly dead. the people who claimed Maria Hill mentioned quick healing as one of QS's powers were mistaken, as we saw in the clip they released with her talking to Cap.

Yeah the quick healing thing is never mentioned, and we see that he's kind of limited. We see him catching his breath one or two times, like it's a real physical effort (unlike DoFP's QS who seems to do it effortlessly)

Let's not waste a good Dr. Strange movie with a "let's bring back Pietro" storyline, shall we?

King dork did you see the movie? Is it good? One a scale of 1 to 10 with Winter Soldier being a 9 and Avengers 1 being a 7, what would you give this movie? Was Ultron just another villain?

Also, how cool was Vision on a scale of 1 to 10?

Yeah I saw it last Tuesday. I give it a solid 8. Flaws here and there from a narrative standpoints, but SOO damn satisfying, albeit there was a lot of things to take in on first viewing.

I thought Ultron was awesome. Very nuanced and interesting. I love the fact that he was snarky and funny at points.

And Vision was awesome. 9 out 10 for him alone.

Last edited:
Let's not waste a good Dr. Strange movie with a "let's bring back Pietro" storyline, shall we?

Yeah I saw it last Tuesday. I give this movie as solid 8. Flaws here and there from a narrative standpoints, so SOO damn satisfying, albeit there was a lot of things to take in on first viewing.

And Vision was awesome. 9 out 10 for him alone.

Are we thor fans gonna be satisfied with his power showing?He levels an entire City right?

Are we thor fans gonna be satisfied with his power showing?He levels an entire City right?

I think you're gonna be really satisfied from the first three minutes. But I didn't care for Thor before, but I thought he was great in this one. His character really stood out for me. They found a way to make him more relatable in some ways. He's even hilarious at points.

And yeah he pretty much killed Sokovia.

King dork did you see the movie? Is it good? One a scale of 1 to 10 with Winter Soldier being a 9 and Avengers 1 being a 7, what would you give this movie? Was Ultron just another villain?

Also, how cool was Vision on a scale of 1 to 10?

I don't think that's fair. What if Kingdork has different opinions on both of those movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"