Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's fair. What if Kingdork has different opinions on both of those movies?

I actually do. :yay: The first Avengers is a good 8.5 for me.

There was something the first Avengers had that AoU didn't quite capture.

I think you're gonna be really satisfied from the first three minutes. But I didn't care for Thor before, but I thought he was great in this one. His character really stood out for me. They found a way to make him more relatable in some ways. He's even hilarious at points.

And yeah he pretty much killed Sokovia.

Thank you sir.

Full plot summary:

The Avengers and the Iron Legion raid a HYDRA outpost in Sokovia where Baron Strucker is experimenting with Chitauri technology and Loki's staff. They fight the Twins, who have been given powers by Loki's staff and escape after Strucker is defeated.

Returning to New York City, Stark and Banner reactivate Ultron, a dormant self-teaching Artificial Intelligence meant to control the Iron Legion alongside JARVIS and neutralize potential threats, and upgrade it with technology acquired from Strucker.

The government is unhappy with the Avengers running around unsupervised, so Stark throws a party at Avengers Tower. War Machine and Falcon are in attendance. Steve and Sam have been looking for Bucky on the side. Tony is still with Pepper, who's on a business trip, and Thor is still with Jane, who's doing research abroad.

Meanwhile, Ultron is collecting data. He decides humanity needs to be destroyed and "kills" JARVIS, commanders the Iron Legion to attack the Avengers and escapes to the HYDRA outpost while everyone is distracted. The Avengers are pissed at Stark for creating Ultron behind their backs.

At the outpost, Ultron makes a new body for himself, and recruits the Twins to help him, since they hate the Avengers and blame Stark for their parents' deaths. He then locates Ulysses Klaue, a weapons dealer who's been scavenging Vibranium for HYDRA, and travels to South Africa to broker a deal for Klaue's stash.

The Avengers show up and fight Ultron and the Twins. The Scarlet Witch hexes them all into having visions, aside from Hawkeye, who forces the Twins into retreating. Steve sees himself reuniting with Peggy in the 1940's, Stark sees everyone dead because of him, Thor sees the Ragnarok and Black Widow sees her training. Scarlet Witch also brainwashes the Hulk into rampaging, so Stark uses the Hulkbuster to subdue him. Ultron escapes with the Vibranium

Hawkeye takes the team back to his farm on the countryside, where he lives with his wife and three kids. Thor leaves for Alfheim to learn more about his visions, while Nick Fury, who's been hunting down HYDRA in secrets, returns to help the team.

Banner and Natasha are attracted to eachother, but realize they can never have a family. Banner can't pass on his curse, and Natasha was made barren by the Red Room during training. But they're a couple.

Ultron builds a machine powered by Vibranium to lift Sokovia off the ground and then crash it against the planet, causing an extinction-level event. The Twins have a falling-out with him.

Ultron and his drones go to Seul to steal a prototype synthozoid that Ultron plans to transfer his consciousness to. Both the Avengers and the Twins try to stop him. The Avengers manage to retrieve the synthozoid and Stark uploads what is left of JARVIS in it. Thor returns, having learned the synthozoid is important to Earth's survival. He brings it to life and uses the Mind Gem in Loki's staff to afford it sentience. The Vision is born.

Ultron and his army attack Sokovia to launch their final offensive. The Avengers, the Twins, Vision and Nick Fury and his reinforcements fight them.

Quicksilver is killed by Ultron while evacuating civilians. The Vision later battles Ultron, who is weakned by the Scarlet Witch, and destroys him with an energy blast from the Mind Gem. The Avengers prevent Sokovia from crashing, but mass casualties are caused.

The Hulk gets locked into a Quinjet ready to explode and is presumed dead, but Fury later informs Natasha that there are evidences of a crash in the ocean and that no body has been found.

Thor leaves Earth after the battle to go back to Asgard and investigate if his visions hold any truth.

The Avengers are disbanded and blamed for Ultron's actions. Stark withdrawls himself from the public scene, while Steve believes that the Avengers are still necessary, but need to be an effective team rather than just a group. He and Natasha then assemble a new group formed by Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon and War Machine.

In an after-credits scene, Thanos retrieves the Infinity Gauntlet, with no gems on them, and realizes he'll need to "do it himself".

Full plot summary:

The Avengers show up and fight Ultron and the Twins. The Scarlet Witch hexes them all into having visions, aside from Hawkeye, who forces the Twins into retreating. Steve sees himself reuniting with Peggy in the 1940's, Stark sees everyone dead because of him, Thor sees the Ragnarok and Black Widow sees her training. Scarlet Witch also brainwashes the Hulk into rampaging, so Stark uses the Hulkbuster to subdue him. Ultron escapes with the Vibranium
Stark don't get hexed in that scene. He's away fighting Ultron than the Hulk. His vision happens before the opening credits during the HYDRA raid and THIS is what motivates him to mess with the Scepter to kickstart his Ultron program.

so we don't see the quinjet with the Hulk crashing into the ocean?
i'm not ready to give up on my Hulk in space dreams

doesn't Hawkeye get shot in the first HYDRA fight?

also I wonder why everyone's visions were negative/frightening except for Steve's.

Just another question:does Thor go on another realm during the movie?

He goes to London to find Selvig and together they go to some cryptic mystical pond where he has to bath in to revive his vision and decipher it. And then he sees the Infinity Stones, and put two and two together.

That part was like... "Ok whatever you say, movie."

Can someone clear up the ultron voice for me? Some trailers he has a robotic sound to it and others, its just pure james spader. Im really hoping it is robotic like in the original trailer but im assuming he voice kind of evolves as he does.

doesn't Hawkeye get shot in the first HYDRA fight?
He does. But Dr. Cho has a convenient revolutionary skin graph machine that can make synthetic tissues (or how to conveniently set-up the coming of Vision :woot: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"