Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E01 - "The Lady in the Lake"

The tie clip... it's the hydra symbol shown in Agents of Shield.

tumblr_inline_nz5qy1RmiO1so64uf_500.jpg

I noticed that as well.

Specifically, [BLACKOUT]Zero Matter is Dark Energy[/BLACKOUT]

Yep.

Women move fast in the SSR/SHIELD.

If I were him, I would never complain.

How many eps this season?

The clip I thought looked familiar! But I don't think it's the Monolith cause the monolith has a solid state. This is always movie.

And how does this season tie into Dr. Strange?

And most important of all: The Flamingo has a Twitter account https://twitter.com/bernard_st4rk

Last edited:
Is that the gravitonium or the monolith?

Don't know. Dark matter? Is this NOT related to what we've seen already on AoS???

If not, that is just damn confusing. I read this thing has ties to Dr. Strange. I follow Marvel/AoS closely and even I'm confused.

Both episodes were great but they really need to stop trying to push Jarvis as comic relief. It's awkward and not funny. Him and the flamingo was really dumb.

Loved all of the first season, but this premiere for S2 didn't grab me. Just didn't really have the right "hook". I couldn't understand why the showrunners decided to move the setting to Los Angeles either, S1's NYC setting just felt more authentic while the LA setting for S2 feels like a change made for change's sake.

Not sure I'll be continuing to watch, particularly when it's broadcast at the same time as The Flash in my time zone (MDT). It was actually boring enough that I changed the channel to the CW for the DC stuff instead (Legends of Tomorrow preview, along with a DC Films thing) when episode 2 started.

I liked it a lot. I thought it felt like a refinement of the S1 approach they were taking. The show's reach felt bigger but not overwhelmingly so.

As for Jarvis, they had to split his role with that of the new scientist guy (Jason) that was out separately with Peggy so I understand what the purpose was for, that his role was seemingly more for amusement.

Last edited:
The zero matter is related to darkforce, which also appeared in AoS season one. They just won't be calling it that. As for the tie-in with Doctor Strange, Michele Fazekas, one of the people working on the show said
That's our tie-in to the 'Doctor Strange' universe, and also to 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' because you've seen it in 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' as well.
but some websites took that first part out of context to report a connection to the Doctor Strange movie, while I think all she meant is that it is an "extradimensional" force, which fits right in with the magical side of the Marvel Universe, like how Strange deals with other dimensions.

As much as I liked season 1, my main criticism of the first season was that the sexism was laid on a little thick. And a secondary, slightly minor criticism was that the initial episodes seemed to be spinning their wheels a little while waiting to get into the meat of the story.

Just finished episode 1. Just wanted to quickly run in here and say that I'm really loving it thus far. 10% into the new season, the tone seems to be spot on. And the plotting seems to be laser focused. Just a strong strong start to season 2.

I think the darkforce/zero matter is what the Kree Monolith is made of.

It ties Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Doctor Strange, and the Inhumans together

It seems pretty clear to me that Calvin Chadwick and his Council buddies are HYDRA. They are using the ancient HYDRA symbol (which is completely unknown to the authorities so it can be freely shown in public) they are incredibly powerful (they orchestrated the Wall Street Crash of 1929), they have people everywhere (they want Chadwick to become a Senator), and they are interested in deep science (they opened a portal to another world, accidentally creating the Zero Matter, the unstable version of the Monolith/Diviner). Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Vernon Masters is one of them. He wants Thompson to become a member of a new agency (probably S.H.I.E.L.D.), which could explain that S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't just infiltrated by HYDRA, it was founded by HYDRA.

Loved where the show is going so far! I like the LA look, when I think that time period, I probably think of location first. Peggy is just so great.

It seems I was wrong. The new evil organization is the Council of Nine, which is basically the MCU version of the Secret Empire.

Yes, apparently the organization is the Secret Empire, the symbol is an "A" and the zero matter is dark matter from the darkforce dimension. However, if no evidence suggests otherwise you could always keep as your headcanonlike this:

From ancient times there has been a secret organization interested in power, extraterrestrial/extradimensional artifacts, etc. At some point when the semi-ram skull symbol was the current symbol an offshoot group came into existence that at one point flipped the symbol and made it into an "A", while the main group kept growing, and eventually became Hydra under Johann Schmidt during WWII.

I also think it's funny that after the "ties in to the Doctor Strange universe" comment, everyone, including big news sites, suddenly seem to think that Darkforce is something that has always been associated Doctor Strange and/or that it must appear in the Doctor Strange movie. The first of these things is simply false, and I think the second is very unlikely.

My only knock on this show is the constant playing of background music in EVERY scene!! I cant understand some of the fast dialogue between her and Jarvis with all the noise....... If it's not the period music, its the theme music. Shut it down like on Law & Order........use it only for the action and scene transitions

Last edited:
Loved all of the first season, but this premiere for S2 didn't grab me. Just didn't really have the right "hook". I couldn't understand why the showrunners decided to move the setting to Los Angeles either, S1's NYC setting just felt more authentic while the LA setting for S2 feels like a change made for change's sake.

Not sure I'll be continuing to watch, particularly when it's broadcast at the same time as The Flash in my time zone (MDT). It was actually boring enough that I changed the channel to the CW for the DC stuff instead (Legends of Tomorrow preview, along with a DC Films thing) when episode 2 started.

I thought that too........

It seems I was wrong. The new evil organization is the Council of Nine, which is basically the MCU version of the Secret Empire.

Yes, it is the MCU version of the Secret Empire. I remember the showrunners mentioned in an interview a while ago that they were using a version of the Secret Empire this season.

Chadwick seems to be an MCU version of the Secret Empire leader Number One from the comics, since he's the main focus of villainy this season except for Madame Masque herself. Using a Big Bad duo of Number One and Madame Masque ties into both the Maggia and the Secret Empire quite well for this season's conflict.

Chadwick seems to be an MCU version of the Secret Empire leader Number One from the comics, since he's the main focus of villainy this season except for Madame Masque herself.

Chadwick felt more like a pushover to me, so I doubt that he is supposed to be the leader. I think his story is that he will be cought between the Council and his wife, and their different agendas.

I think this was a really good start to the season. I don't mind the change of scenery and still checking in to New York.

A lot of interesting developments and progression with the characters and relationships. We finally got to meet Mrs. Jarvis which I felt a bit cheated out of last season.

So Whitney Frost appears to be the true mastermind person in charge. It wouldn't surprise me if the marriage with Chadwick is just for show and he's more or less a hapless underling doing her bidding so he can get some riches and political power.

It was good to have Agent Carter back. I think the start of the season was a good one and I like how they seem to be seeding more supernatural elements into the show. Peggy is always great and it was good to see that Dottie is still around. Whitney Frost is going to make a great antagonist.

My only gripe is if the Council or Secret Empire is not Hydra, the symbol that was used on AoS was awfully similar to the one shown on Agent Carter. Not to mention the fact that the Council was said to have been responsible for some of the biggest events in history, kinda like Hydra. It just seems a little too similar to have no connection to one another.

Maybe the Council/Secret Empire was founded by a group of dissidents from the original HYDRA Society during the 1800s (maybe they didn't want to bring It back to Earth anymore) and the new organization continued to use the symbol of the original Society. Later HYDRA's symbol evolved but the Council continued to use the original symbol.

I'm so glad Netflix is already streaming this. About to watch this first episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"