Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E06 "A Sin to Err"

Yes, I know that this is what the creators wanted audiences to think, but what was the in-universe explanation for why Dottie needed a gun? No-one else was supposed to see her at the window like that, so why keep up that appearance?

I thought she was planning on assassinating Dooley. When the Russian man signaled her, his message said something like, "New target: Agent Peggy Carter" or something like that. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I don't know what Leviathan would get out of assassinating Dooley, though.

At the beginning of the one-shot, Peggy is not respected and treated like nothing more than a secretary to her coworkers (much like she was at the beginning of the show) - having not been sent on a mission in the "three months" that she's been there.

So the question becomes, if - in the series - she's gaining the respect of some of her coworkers as well as her coworkers really starting to realize that she knows how to handle herself in a fight (to the point where she could be considered a threat) - why does she appear to be at the bottom of the totem pole at the beginning of the one-shot?

I like the idea that as punishment for doing her own mission in the series (trying to help Stark out) she's reassigned to a different office (where no one knows her) and she's back at square one and that's where she is at the beginning of the one-shot. That's just head-canon (right now) though.

Ultimately, as I've said elsewhere, I think we need to see how the final two episodes play out to see if there continues to be a gap in the continuity or if they tie things off at the end of ep 8 in such a way as to still allow the one-shot to be considered canon.

This is probably what's going to happen but I'll miss Sousa, Dooley, and even Thompson.

At the beginning of the one-shot, Peggy is not respected and treated like nothing more than a secretary to her coworkers (much like she was at the beginning of the show) - having not been sent on a mission in the "three months" that she's been there.

So the question becomes, if - in the series - she's gaining the respect of some of her coworkers as well as her coworkers really starting to realize that she knows how to handle herself in a fight (to the point where she could be considered a threat) - why does she appear to be at the bottom of the totem pole at the beginning of the one-shot?

I like the idea that as punishment for doing her own mission in the series (trying to help Stark out) she's reassigned to a different office (where no one knows her) and she's back at square one and that's where she is at the beginning of the one-shot. That's just head-canon (right now) though.

Ultimately, as I've said elsewhere, I think we need to see how the final two episodes play out to see if there continues to be a gap in the continuity or if they tie things off at the end of ep 8 in such a way as to still allow the one-shot to be considered canon.

Much appreciated, thank you for the summary.
A "lot" of fuss for nothing if you ask me.
I have no issue between the One Shot and the show difference you explained, it's insignificant for the casual fan ( such as me ). As far as I'm concerned I would not break a nerve about a few minutes of something that may or not may be canon ( and what's comic book canon, every things that have been retconned isn't canon anymore ? ).

True, but in a universe that prides itself on being connected, glaring continuity errors like that should be discussed :)

I guess it's time for me to watch this one shot. Or should I wait two more weeks

The showrunners have said there is no direct continuity between The One Shot and AC and they treated it like an preliminary pilot so don't expect one to lead into the other. That the One Shot was a highly condensed version of AC's experiences at the SSR during that period.

I thought she was planning on assassinating Dooley. When the Russian man signaled her, his message said something like, "New target: Agent Peggy Carter" or something like that. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I don't know what Leviathan would get out of assassinating Dooley, though.

Well he IS investigating the battle of Finnau. Maybe that has something to do with it.

The showrunners have said there is no direct continuity between The One Shot and AC and they treated it like an preliminary pilot so don't expect one to lead into the other. That the One Shot was a highly condensed version of AC's experiences at the SSR during that period.
But they've also said it's the ending piece.

In summary, nobody knows! :woot:

They've been ambiguous because they probably don't know. My take is this: assume anything that is contradicted by this show has been retconned, but assume anything not contradicted still works. The comics are full of minor retcons and it doesn't ruin anyone's day.

Yeah, I would figure the show trumps the one shot if they come into conflict. It's easy and a simple solution. Some people here are expecting perfection and that's not realistic.

where can i read what the showrunners said?

where can i read what the showrunners said?
I don't think all of it is in one single interview. They've been interviewed about this topic multiple times over the past year and a half or so.

Everything I've read stated that the one shot will happen after season one, and that if there is a season two it starts right after the one shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"