Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E03 "Time & Tide"

I actually liked the voice over opening. It's commonplace on the CW shows,but I thought it was also effective at getting first timers up to speed here.

Oh Heteric, I love you for always over analyzing and trying to make real world sense of these shows. :)

Suspend your disbelief my friend! Just enjoy the ride.

We need a separate thread for "Heretic's Agent Carter gripe of the week".:hehe:

I thought this was a better episode than last week.

Things are actually moving pretty rapidly. They recovered most of the weapons (the first episode said that they were already being sold, so some are out there). So...thankfully...it appears that this show will NOT be "Peggy tracks down the McGuffin of the week" like I had feared. Now it can veer off into the MCU building direction.

I'm just waiting for a site like Moviepilot to suggest that the ballet dancer who moved into Peggy's apartment building is CONFIRMED to maybe, possibly be connected to the ballet dancers in the Age of Ultron trailer.

The episode seemed a bit too pat, but that may be intentional (as in, there's a giant set-up of some sort going on). Still enjoying things though.

We need a separate thread for "Heretic's Agent Carter gripe of the week".:hehe:

There's nothing wrong with suggesting that maybe the show can work on their storytelling a bit.

But technically, my gripe this week is actually another gripe about LAST week. I have no major gripes about this episode.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting that maybe the show can work on their storytelling a bit.

But technically, my gripe this week is actually another gripe about LAST week. I have no major gripes about this episode.

Eh, I was only kidding. It's all good. I enjoy seeing some differing viewpoints.

Man... the blonde roomie from last week, and now Agent Kozminski(?)... Poor Peggy. This is turning into the "Who in Peggy's life dies next?" Hour.

LOL

I'm not familiar with the earlier Black Widow in Marvel comics...so I figured I'd look her up...and the first one is named Claire Voyant. FINALLY the Agents of SHIELD mystery is truly solved! That blonde chick in the hallway is The Clairvoyant!

Man... the blonde roomie from last week, and now Agent Kozminski(?)... Poor Peggy. This is turning into the "Who in Peggy's life dies next?" Hour.

This show is certainly not afraid to kill people. And just call him Agent K, the name's ridiculous to try and spell without looking at it first (it's Krzeminski btw).

LOL

I'm not familiar with the earlier Black Widow in Marvel comics...so I figured I'd look her up...and the first one is named Claire Voyant. FINALLY the Agents of SHIELD mystery is truly solved! That blonde chick in the hallway is The Clairvoyant!

6Aa07Lf.gif

Still loving this show. Nice to get a little Jarvis backstory, and yeah, I think that assassin at the end could very well have been the new neighbor. Definitely seemed like a woman at any rate.

I guess my "Miss America" theory isn't getting much traction....but you heard it here first.:woot: It seems too poetic not to be true. We got Deathlok's introduction on a show about Coulson's resurrection and we get Miss America's introduction on a show about Captain America's would-be girlfriend.

I love the style and feel of this show, watching it is like being part of that era really loving this show.

Another Remarkable Episode. In fact, this third episode may have been better than the first two (which are universally praised).

I love the fact that the series allowed itself a breath. Developing the rest of the SSR as three dimensional characters and fleshing out Jarvis a bit is masterful. Everything was written wonderfully. Peggy using guile is so much more interesting then her using her fighting skills. Yes, it's fun to see her kick ass but they kept it reasonable. Showing her using her skills yet getting outmuscled by a big guy adds believability. Showing that her pride was hurt as she was forced to play the fool was even better. Both add true depth to the character and to the show.

The fact that she was rushing to salvage her pride helps illustrate that she is a flawed hero (The best kind). Having Jarvis talk her down and be the voice of reason was perfect. She has been put in a tough spot right from the start and this series is masterfully playing every angle of that. A lot of things have gone wrong but that's the cards she's been forced to play. Make the best decision possible using the limited resources at your disposal. Again, masterful writing.

What really sucks is that we have to wait two weeks until the next episode.

Yeah what is up with that? Everything except for Flash isn't new. What's the deal?

Regardless, I thought this was a decent episode of Agent Carter, nowhere near as thrilling as the premiere, and there were some troubling issues for me. But overall it's still a good series. Here's hoping it really rolls when it comes back!

Here's my review should you wish to read!

#AgentCarter rolls on! What did we think of "Time and Tide"? Find out in our review!

http://www.followingthenerd.com/tv/tv-reviews-ftn-reviews-agent-carter-season-01-episode-03-turns-and-tides

Still loving this show. Nice to get a little Jarvis backstory, and yeah, I think that assassin at the end could very well have been the new neighbor. Definitely seemed like a woman at any rate.

Yeah, it's much better than I expected it would be -- very well-made.

I'm pretty sure the assassin is "Dottie." I always liked Bridget Regan.

The killer's definitely a woman at least, she's got heels on. You can see them after she shoots the guy in the back of the car.

Last edited:
The killer's definitely a woman at least, she's got heels on. You can see them after she shoots the guy in the back of the car.

Yeah, I think that one of the things they focus on in the next few episodes is how lonely Peggy is...she wants to have a life. At work she is marginalized and disrespected, despite being a war hero with a better resume than any of the men running her down (whether or not you think its over the top or ham fisted). At home, she feels like if she gets close to someone, they could die and leave her lonely again (and she could be the "cause" of their death). She is starting to crack and wants a friend...and one of her friends is working with the bad guys. It's yet another punch to the gut on the way.

Maybe it was Agent K's girlfriend or wife that did the shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"