Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E16 - "AfterLife"

iambranded

Civilian
Reaction score
luke-mitchell-agents-of-shield.jpg

“Afterlife” – As Robert Gonzalez makes his move, Coulson must do whatever it takes to protect the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. Meanwhile Skye’s journey to control her powers takes a surprising turn when she meets the enigmatic Inhuman named Lincoln.
“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki.
Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Kyle MacLachlan as Cal, Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales, Jamie Harris as Gordon, DichenLachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Craig Johnson as S.H.I.E.L.D. Leader, Stoney Westmoreland as Honest Eddie, and John Forest as Robbie.
”Afterlife” was written by Craig Titley and directed by Kevin Hooks.

Ugh. PLEASE tell me they aren't going to make Gonzales' "New SHIELD" into a villionous organization! Because right now, I'll be rooting for them to win.

Ugh. PLEASE tell me they aren't going to make Gonzales' "New SHIELD" into a villionous organization! Because right now, I'll be rooting for them to win.

Why? Everything we've seen of them so far screams, at a bare minimum, "giant hypocrite". If they aren't actually evil, they might well be sufficiently foolish and blind enough to do just as much damage.

They're going out of their way to suggest they're well-meaning even if possibly mistaken. Certainly, I don't think it's fair to say they're villainous even if they are antagonists.

If you found out that the head of the CIA had died. Then been brought back to life using Alien blood. Had then gone mad and obsessed in finding an alien city. Did find it but lost some good people on the way. Wouldn't you be a bit wary of them? If you were heads of government and no longer had control of them wouldn't you try and infiltrate them to find out what they were up to? Doesn't make them villains. Just means they are doing their job.

If you found out that the head of the CIA had died. Then been brought back to life using Alien blood. Had then gone mad and obsessed in finding an alien city. Did find it but lost some good people on the way. Wouldn't you be a bit wary of them? If you were heads of government and no longer had control of them wouldn't you try and infiltrate them to find out what they were up to? Doesn't make them villains. Just means they are doing their job.

don't know about the alien blood but the rest they found out after they infiltrated coulsons group, sort of a justification after the event.

Before that he was the guy who shut down garrett who was effectively, a hydra cell who had lots of people enslaved, soldiers, computer operators and was about to go large.

possible they knew that he was brought back to life with alien blood but mac seemed a bit surprised and yes repulsed in the episode he supposedly found out.

their evaluation of coulson neglected his successes up to this point which is a bit self serving on their part if its justification for them to take the tool box.

^ Plus the fact Coulson's crew pretty much left Hydra crippled as it is at the moment, and helped S.H.I.E.L.D.'s reputation go up considerably by having a good rapport with a U.S. Government representative.

^ Plus the fact Coulson's crew pretty much left Hydra crippled as it is at the moment, and helped S.H.I.E.L.D.'s reputation go up considerably by having a good rapport with a U.S. Government representative.

Also doing mundane things like keeping an eye on the index, extracted bobbi from hydra, extracted mac from the temple, all we have seen nushield do is either sail or fly around on a big boat, still not clear and either very impressive but so far no more than optics. As with the lola -skye comparison what is important is what is at the core. The bobbi 12 monkeys the film guy exchange in the boardroom with violent overtones about smashing his face in, great management skills that.

Well, Hydra was also after that city, so even if Coulson hadn't found it first, they would have. And where was the "Real SHIELD" during this event. They knew about the city, knew that it had some type of power that Hydra was after, but didn't lift a finger.

Yeah, people died along the way, but don't tell me the executives could have prevented any of that. Even the can't possibly think that. Dying is an occupational hazard of working with SHIELD.

You can't have rewards without a few risks. Just too bad that Real SHIELD has been apparently too busy preaching about transparency and doing absolutely nothing relating to Hydra in the interim.

You can't have rewards without a few risks. Just too bad that Real SHIELD has been apparently too busy preaching about transparency and doing absolutely nothing relating to Hydra in the interim.

suppose they could claim the work of bobbi and mac.

Was thinking of the first episode when hartley and the team where intercepting ex shield selling information, another of the mundane things they left for coulson. That 084 information that was being sold led to the alien artifact. It wasn't coulsons fascination with aliens but the out workings of mundane tasks that led them in that direction which if hartley and mac where two nushield spies at the time then they nushield should be aware of that which means they are disrgarding information they must have in their analysis of coulson, its not even preaching its disingenuous.

We don't know if they have done nothing against Hydra.

We don't know if they have done nothing against Hydra.

Then they should show, not tell. Except Adama didn't even tell. He gave Hunter precisely zero reason to think they've done anything but seek to undermine and suborn Coulson's operation.

John Forest as Robbie.... wonder if this guy is Robert Baldwin from the once rumored Speed Ball appearance?

Then they should show, not tell. Except Adama didn't even tell. He gave Hunter precisely zero reason to think they've done anything but seek to undermine and suborn Coulson's operation.

He could've said "well, we've been hunting down stray Hydra cells in the meantime" instead of the hard sell about transparency and crap.

[YT]3B8djD8kdEI[/YT]

So I guess we are meant to think Skye's peeps are torturing her .Only for it to turn out she is getting acupuncture on the fractures that she still has

They didn't do their job. If they were doing there job, they'd have followed Fury's orders and destroyed that ship. Instead, they claimed SHIELD as their own and start rewriting the rules to suit their own agenda. Then they blamed Fury for the mess to justify their own insubordination.

And for all their prattling on about "transparency," ALL of their tactics thus far have involved lying, deception, subterfuge, manipulation, betrayal, and now out and out violence. Also apparently they didn't "democratically" inform Bobbi that Kirk Acevedo was going to try and flat-out KILL Daisy.

Exactly!! They've got their own agenda and I think there's only a few who are privy to it. Sounds to me like they're looking to eliminate all things alien and bobby isn't aware. They want Fury's secrets so they can systematically illiminate them.

The whole democracy thing doesn't seem like something that Olmos and Agent Band of Brothers Guy adhere to quite well.

Problem with real SHIELD is... they are fanatics.

Letting aside the fact that all theyre valid points tend to forget the also valid points of all the MUCH of what Coulson did right, thats theyre basic problem. They are absolutists.

I understand them. I do. They saw friends die and betray them, they saw theyre lifes meaning (we have seen Bobbi´s believe in SHIELD as a life mission in several episodes before) crumble to ashes, and in one moment were an order by Fury seemed just to tell them to see more of theyre friends and companions die, they realized, from theyre point of view, that it was Fury and his way of running SHIELD that was to blame, and they swore to rebuild SHIELD to work in a way diferent than before, so that that horror would never happen again. To them, Coulson, a continuator of Furys way, with all his good intentions, is just re-building the same trap that will fall apart in the future. They cant allow it to happen again. They just cant. And they wont allow it.

I understand that. The problem is... a fanatic is a fanatic. And that never ends well either. True SHIELD cant really ask for much simpathy from the moment it calls itself TRUE. They dont discuss. They dont negotiate. They dont inform. They tell you that you are wrong. Its theyre way, or the highway. If Coulson is a good man, he will understand why we had to do it, if he disagrees, well, Bobbi, then he wasnt that good of a man, was he? Gonzalez didnt come to debate, he came to show you the true light. It never ocurs to them that there might be several valid ways to run SHIELD, or that they might just be wrong. They didnt try to improve Coulsons SHIELD, os asimilate it. No. They just obliterate it and told him "Sorry, Phil, you are out of business. Your opinion? We dont care.".

Its a revolution, and as with many revolutions before and after, instead of just achieving the well deserved freedom they got, they start to take dissenters freedoms away in the name of not loosing the freedom they got. Unlike real revolutions, wich usually are started by people with alredy rotten hearts, this people have theyrs on the right place. Unfortunately, for an organization that had its EUREKA moment when they realized that they could be run in a more democratic way, they are, diferences aside, acting very much like fascists.

NuSHIELD is transparent within their own organization. They are still a spy agency, why would they tell everyone what they are doing?

NuSHIELD is transparent within their own organization. They are still a spy agency, why would they tell everyone what they are doing?

They saw coulson assemble people, they had assembled people, they could have said we may have a helicarrier or a very large boat nobody is sure but its big and we will share if you change the methodology but we are not going back to the old way and there you have it.

they didn't Mac and Hartly and possibly bobbi lied about committing to coulson before the diviner was known about, the carvings was known about, the alien city was known about, skye and raina's transformation was an issue. So there was more to this than aliens, suspicion from the beginning.

Pond might be on to something with the mindset.

NuSHIELD is just like the old SHIELD.......
Case in point....
Secrecy and lies to infiltrate their targets
The way they tried to gun down Skye after Bobbi ordered to "Ice" her...so killing her came from the top
Things change...but still stay the same.....
This NuSHIELD will come to pass...Team Phil all day

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"