Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

Finally, I had missed the final season. I've been watching it the last few nights. Decent so far. I'm disappointed the characters got deadended in this series.
I’ve only watched to season 4 on Netflix so I’m watching the Marvel Netflix shows and Agents from the beginning till the end. The Netflix Marvel shows I’ve watched plenty of times though lol just Agents I need to finish to the end.

With Marvel finally acknowledging the Netflix shows as canon, I don't think it will be long before AOS gets in. I don't see how you can leave out one of the most successful shows for Marvel in the past 10 years.

With Marvel finally acknowledging the Netflix shows as canon, I don't think it will be long before AOS gets in. I don't see how you can leave out one of the most successful shows for Marvel in the past 10 years.
Technically wasn't AOS always canon? Some of their plots in the earlier seasons directly tied in to what was going on in the movies. Then the show did its own thing (to its benefit) and was allowed to run its course. I wouldn't count out seeing some of the AOS characters pop up in the MCU in the future but that being said, AOS is nowhere near as acclaimed as Netflix's Daredevil was, hence that one getting all the attention.

i feel like it was on "the sacred timeline" at least the first season, because of the winter soldier storyline etc, but i just tell myself that it branched off at some point and needs pruning in places

the only character i ever wanted to see carry over to the movieverse, even in mention, was Melinda May (the Calvary). clint needs some non-powered people to work with, or have worked with in the past. maybe before budapest or whatever

Technically wasn't AOS always canon? Some of their plots in the earlier seasons directly tied in to what was going on in the movies. Then the show did its own thing (to its benefit) and was allowed to run its course. I wouldn't count out seeing some of the AOS characters pop up in the MCU in the future but that being said, AOS is nowhere near as acclaimed as Netflix's Daredevil was, hence that one getting all the attention

I consider it canon for that very reason. It pretty much lines up with MCU movies until season 6. I honestly wouldn't mind if they cut out the last 2 season of being canon. They could just say Season 5 was the cut-off. I'm pretty sure that was moments before the blip.

The only minor issue of it being canon is the movie placement on the timeline. The first episode of AOS deals with Extremis from Iron Man 3. The 8th episode dealt with the aftermath of Thor: The Dark World. So if it's added to the timeline, then AOS deals with Extremis before Iron Man ever did.

Now on my timeline that I have stored on my Open Office, I have Iron Man 3 taking place Christmas 2012. I think Marvel has it Christmas 2013.

I make the canon cut at the end of season 4 when Enoch grabbed them to time travel. And when I re-watch the Infinity Saga I did watch the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. along with the movies. It seemed like everything Thanos related in season 5 was from them looking at the same trailers and theory sites as the rest of us and taking a guess at the story.

While they did strike out it wasn't by just watching the pitch blow past them. They took a big swing with Graviton causing a car wreck in Chicago while they expected the Thanos train crash happening concurrently in New York and/or Wakanda.

At this point there only a few reasons for them to actually make the series canon. They want to use the Inhumans Daisy, Yo-Yo or Flint. Or perhaps to introduce that codenames are reused by multiple people with Deathlok, and/or Mockingbird

I make the canon cut at the end of season 4 when Enoch grabbed them to time travel. And when I re-watch the Infinity Saga I did watch the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. along with the movies. It seemed like everything Thanos related in season 5 was from them looking at the same trailers and theory sites as the rest of us and taking a guess at the story.
I think they stopped knowing what was happening a bit earlier, but it mattered less (some of the ties were things like the sling ring animation for Ghost Rider).

That being said, my take is the show is set in the same timeline until they time travel in Season 5. It makes things clean and simple.

The only minor issue of it being canon is the movie placement on the timeline. The first episode of AOS deals with Extremis from Iron Man 3. The 8th episode dealt with the aftermath of Thor: The Dark World. So if it's added to the timeline, then AOS deals with Extremis before Iron Man ever did.

Now on my timeline that I have stored on my Open Office, I have Iron Man 3 taking place Christmas 2012. I think Marvel has it Christmas 2013.
If they really wanted to explain it they could handwave it by saying SHIELD heard about Extremis through the grapvine but at that point in time they were still investigating it and maybe it was a lower priority compared to other threats they were dealing with. AoS starts in Fall 2013 which is only a few months before IM3. So I feel they are somewhat close enough to make it plausible that SHIELD was starting to get wind of what AIM was up to but didn't have all the details yet.

But I feel it's minor enough that it's probably not gonna get addressed.

Iron Man 3 came out in May in the US, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in that September. When watching it live there was no question about where Hydra, only known as Centipede in the show before The Winter Soldier events, got a hold of Extremis for them to make improvements on.

Agents Of Shield could get a revival according to Brad Winderbaum.

AoS Revival

I don't know if I'd want a full blown season 8(although them explaining them coming back to the 616 universe could be interesting). I think bringing them back in another television show down the line could be a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"