Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

I like to think that Quake vs. Graviton is a nexus event and everything that happened in seasons 6 and 7 are a branched timeline. It works out pretty well and could leave the characters open to some interesting stories in the future if they wanted.

y97qwflxe4j71.png

Congrats to Elizabeth.

Who did she get married to? That looks like Deke.
She married an actor named Zachary Burr Abel. Deke is in that pic because it's just one of many taken of the wedding guests that day. Here's another one -

She married an actor named Zachary Burr Abel. Deke is in that pic because it's just one of many taken of the wedding guests that day. Here's another one -

Are you sure this one is from the wedding? This looks like an Agents of SHIELD set photo with them dressed still exactly in their AoS uniforms. Notice that Clark Gregg and Ian de Caestaeker are not in wedding suits like the other photo. And Jemma has a different wedding dress (probably from that wedding episode).

Are you sure this one is from the wedding? This looks like an Agents of SHIELD set photo with them dressed still exactly in their AoS uniforms. Notice that Clark Gregg and Ian de Caestaeker are not in wedding suits like the other photo. And Jemma has a different wedding dress (probably from that wedding episode).
It is from the Fitzsimmons wedding in the other dimension

Last edited:
So according to the new book making of the MCU, Agent of S H I E L D is not canon to the main MCU, but Agent Carter is.

So according to the new book making of the MCU, Agent of S H I E L D is not canon to the main MCU, but Agent Carter is.

Does it say that specifically? What's the quote?

It still doesn't make sense when taking the first two seasons of the show into consideration. They literally tied the events of The Dark World, The Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron into the show. Marvel Studios essentially cutting all connective tissue with the show starting with the third season doesn't change that.

It still doesn't make sense when taking the first two seasons of the show into consideration. They literally tied the events of The Dark World, The Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron into the show. Marvel Studios essentially cutting all connective tissue with the show starting with the third season doesn't change that.
And Feige literally told people to refer to Agents of SHIELD to understand a plot element of Age of Ultron. That's why I think the exact quote and context is important. The book isn't authoritative, it just has a lot of inside information.

Here is the deal, you all can give very incredible logics, say a lot of stuff that makes sense but at the end of the day an official word from Marvel Studios and a direct confirmation quote from Joss Whedon through this book that was made in the last 4 year cycle has confirmed it’s not canon.
But if Marvel Studios wants, they can bring them through the Multiverse especially when it comes to Agent Coulson.
I understand people are fans, I binged watched this show on Disney plus, it was interesting but the truth is as much as they tried, it doesn’t feel like it belongs and it feels forced.
But when they started doing things on there own and not referring to the MCU things got better in later seasons.

Last edited:
Yeah, the first two seasons not only mention many things that have happened in the MCU (such as, the "cellist" that Coulson is said to be dating in THE AVENGERS, shows up in an episode played by Amy Acker), but they have guest stars like Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury, Colbie Smulders as Maria Hill, Maximiliano Hernandez as Jasper Sitwell, and Jamie Alexander playing the Lady Sif. One episode even ended by going to the scene from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER where Fury is attacked in his black SUV.

With all the multiverse stuff they've started in Phase 4 I can easily accept that the timeline in AOU switched to a different universe midway through the series. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter in the long run. Agents of SHIELD was never going to be regarded by Marvel/Disney as being on the same level as the Disney+ shows even if it was officially considered canon.

Looking through the first few seasons.....forgot to mention that also appearing in several episodes of season two are Haley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan, Kenneth Choi as Jim Morita, and Jamie Alexander again as Lady Sif.....the third season has things like William Sadler reprising his role from the MCU as President Ellis and Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick....the series stays in continity with the movies by Coulson mentions the Pym Industries disaster from the ANT-MAN movie, Coulson is seen with the blood smeared Captain America trading cards from the AVENGERS, The death of Peggy Carter is talked about, the events of CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR are discussed....the last episode of season three ends with a time jump ahead of six months (which starts them on the road of leaving the movie continuity through the rest of the series.

I had forgot about the connections to the MCU in the third season.....so now I revise my opinion and say the first three seasons stay in canon with the movies. The final four seasons can be seen as an alternate dimensional timeline.

Looking through the first few seasons.....forgot to mention that also appearing in several episodes of season two are Haley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan, Kenneth Choi as Jim Morita, and Jamie Alexander again as Lady Sif.....the third season has things like William Sadler reprising his role from the MCU as President Ellis and Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick....the series stays in continity with the movies by Coulson mentions the Pym Industries disaster from the ANT-MAN movie, Coulson is seen with the blood smeared Captain America trading cards from the AVENGERS, The death of Peggy Carter is talked about, the events of CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR are discussed....the last episode of season three ends with a time jump ahead of six months (which starts them on the road of leaving the movie continuity through the rest of the series.

I had forgot about the connections to the MCU in the third season.....so now I revise my opinion and say the first three seasons stay in canon with the movies. The final four seasons can be seen as an alternate dimensional timeline.

It seems to me that the easiest explanation is that a branched timeline was created in season 5 when the monolith transported them into the future. Everything that happens after that is a new different timeline from the main MCU and would explain why there was no evidence of the "Snap" in season 6.

Think about it like this: the TV show 24 regularly references 9/11. 9/11 occurred in real life. Does this mean that Jack Bauer also exists in real life? No, the connection goes one way.

Think about it like this: the TV show 24 regularly references 9/11. 9/11 occurred in real life. Does this mean that Jack Bauer also exists in real life? No, the connection goes one way.
Except in this case someone named Jack Bauer, who both looks and acts the same, would've appeared a few years ago in the real world, which would be pretty solid evidence.

Here is the deal, you all can give very incredible logics, say a lot of stuff that makes sense but at the end of the day an official word from Marvel Studios and a direct confirmation quote from Joss Whedon through this book that was made in the last 4 year cycle has confirmed it’s not canon.
Except the official word for years was that it is canon (and that certainly didn't stop people from claiming it wasn't). I'm looking for an official quote from someone who actually makes these decisions as opposed to Joss Whedon (who said that he personally didn't consider it canon while making Age of Ultron despite the fact that Kevin Feige literally confirmed that Agents of SHIELD directly tied into it shortly later).

With all the multiverse stuff they've started in Phase 4 I can easily accept that the timeline in AOU switched to a different universe midway through the series. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter in the long run. Agents of SHIELD was never going to be regarded by Marvel/Disney as being on the same level as the Disney+ shows even if it was officially considered canon.
I agree that now it does not matter. But while the show was in production the connection kept the show on ABC/Disney.

For me that connection particularly in finding Loki's sceptre to kick off Age of Ultron and explaining an exponential increase of enhanced persons in Civil War increases my enjoyment of the Infinity Saga as a whole. And as a watch the show and movies it still works up to the season 5 time looping and the Quake v. Graviton fight needing to happen just before the Thanos snapture.

Now however they origin Ms Marvel, her being the number one Inhuman draft pick , in the future will see how the show stands up to future canon claims since I doubt any character, including Robbie Reyes or L.M.D.s will be refocused on in movies or Disney + miniseries.

Now on Disney Plus.
Finally, I had missed the final season. I've been watching it the last few nights. Decent so far. I'm disappointed the characters got deadended in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"