Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Jun 21, 2017.

1. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I'd rather just see characters from the series show up in other Disney+ projects. Unless this is gonna be a one off season explaining
    how they get back to the original timeline.

2. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Just finished season 7 the other day, it was a decent ending to the show so yeah I would just prefer the characters show up in other projects from now on.

Dark Raven and Spider-Fan like this.
  3. samsnee Ok

If they can bring in a certain actor for the latest episode of WandaVision, nothing is off the table as far as I’m concerned

4. PunyGod Astronomer

So I know AoS isn't canon anymore. But did they ever give an explanation for why they can't use the Kree body to bring more people back to life? Fury developed it for the death of an Avenger and we just had 2 of them die.

5. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

If I remember correctly, the lab it was at was blown up and everything destroyed.

SPO2 Dalisay likes this.
  6. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

Besides the body being buried under a mountain as far as big S.H.I.E.L.D. was concerned it did not work. With Coulson being the latest experiment with their TAHITI protocols to rewrite his memory they still craved the Inhuman/Kree temple locations.

Now why it seemed like the research facility was a ghost town with a couple of mercenaries guarding it before Hydra emerged I can't head canon a reasonable theory.

7. PunyGod Astronomer

Thanks. That was so long ago I barely remember what happened.

8. PunyGod Astronomer

I'm catching up on the last season. I can't believe they used the TV decades idea before Wandavision.

9. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

I like that Season 7, similar to Endgame, used a time-travel essentially as a way to do a 'Greatest Hits' compilation.

10. NHawk19 insert witty comment

So thinking about this and I know it's a retcon. According to the Ancient One the time stone created and protected what we know as the flow of time. It was taken during the battle of NY shortly after Coulson died. Obviously things also changed when Loki took the tesseract.

If the Loki show is going to be it's own time thing with it's own Loki, Could AoS now be a branch reality from that point as well?

The big change in their reality would be Thor 2. They did do cleanup at the convergence site I believe. That site doesn't change, what does is Loki's involvement, but that doesn't mean Thor couldn't prevail a different way. It also changes anything that would bleed from that into Ultron and the Helicarrier. However, Ultron really didn't have anything to do with Loki it was Tony's creation. Loki's disappearance wouldn't really impact Cap 2.

#835 NHawk19, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Hellion and Zarex like this.
  11. Zarex Registered

You deserve a No Prize! The idea that a tiny miscalculation with the time stone handoff created a split reality in which Coulson lived is great way to explain the inconsistencies between that show and MCU Proper. The show could still be (kinda) canon and characters from the show could show up on either Disney Plus or the movies. They would just be slightly tweaked from the versions we remember.

#836 Zarex, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  12. Dr. Evil Registered

13. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

Well, except Ultron's AI matrix came from the mindstone in Loki's staff. Not direct intervention from Loki, sure, but I wouldn't say it's nothing.

14. NHawk19 insert witty comment

True, and I forgot about that. It also created Wanda and Pietro.

But if Cap put the staff back at that point at the end of End Game, then the only unaccounted for Infinity Stone in that forward timeline, of that Loki variant, is still the Tesseract. Remember he and Tony didn't get the stone there, they got it from the 1970s. So Cap would've gone back to that point in the 1970s and left it there.

15. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

I'm a lot more interested in the other timeline that past-Thanos followed them out of for Endgame's final battle. Even after Steve puts the Power and Soul stones back, that timeline now has no Thanos, no Black Order, no Gamora, no Nebula, and no Chitauri (or at least a very large armada is just gone). Quite a power vacuum. I bet that could be a fun parallel timeline to revisit.

16. carrrnuttt Registered

I have no idea who this "tipster" is, so I don't know how valid his "tips" are.

What I can say is, Disney/Marvel seem to value the Chinese market a lot, and Chloe is a known pop-singer in China, as far as I know.

Quake Will Reportedly Be Rebooted As A Mutant In The MCU

#841 carrrnuttt, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  17. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Hellion likes this.
  18. carrrnuttt Registered

Huh. The website name gets censored.

If that's for a reason, this might not be acceptable, so just delete it, if you have to:

19. NotNickFury Registered

I mean, it's the fabled We Got This Covered, so......probably 100 percent not true, even if they're referring to someone else's "source."

20. ComicChick I Work Too Much

if there was anyone from AoS that i wanted to cross over, it was Melinda May.

clint or someone couldn't have mentioned The Calvary just once? Even in training? Heck, let her help train Monica or something lol

21. Mike Murdock Registered

So I'm almost a year late to having watched the final season, but I have to say it was a solid ending. I still think Season Five is a better overall season and would also have worked as a conclusion, but I'm really thrilled with the closure we got. If they created an Agents of SHIELD box set, I'd buy it.

C. Lee likes this.
  22. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I liked the final season too.

I highly doubt we will ever see a boxed set....we haven't even got an official release for the last four seasons. I managed to get seasons 4, 5. and 7 off of Amazon. Even though they were bootleg, all were decent....clear picture, no glitches. I recently found a company that says it has season 6....I ordered it and it should be here in a few days.

Luckily, I recorded all episodes from season 3 to 7....so if the season six discs are bad, I'll still have them to watch.

23. Mike Murdock Registered

Yeah, I'm sad that home media isn't as popular as it once was. I feel like there's more support when it's catered to a collector market, but this is compounded by the demise of Marvel television.

24. NHawk19 insert witty comment

So Coulson got called out as being dead. Was that the official decanonization of AoS? Or is that the official it's on a branch timeline?

25. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Inconclusive. Let's see how Loki ends before asking this type of question. Plenty can happen in 5 episodes to the timeline