Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
His younger brother shouts the name "Grant" in a flashback from Wards point of view. It happens in episode 8, The Well.
I'm aware of that one, the conversation the others are having though makes it sound like there's a quote somewhere in the episodes where it's implied his name is *not* Grant Ward. That's what I'm wondering about (as I don't remember that specificially, so if I cold get an episode # on that I can check it out/post the quote)

I think it's something Garrett tells him. So look for an ep in which he was featured.

To be honest, after both the younger brother and Garrett calling him "Grant" in the flashbacks - with Garrett even using Ward surname as well - I find a reveal that Grant Ward isn't his real name pretty far fetched.

early in the first season ward mentions his "family" as if they're either famous, infamous, or known for being very wealthy.

Or, more likely, being politically influent. Triplett DID call Ward's family "the cable version of the Kennedys" in "End of the Beginning".

Could be just coincidence, but for what it's worth there was a minor Spider-Man villain in the comics named Senator Stewart Ward. Featured during 1999-2001, the original character itself is very forgettable, but it's worth the mention here because his (convoluted) story involved SHIELD, HYDRA and aliens:
http://www.comicvine.com/stewart-ward/4005-13727/
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/stewrtwardspdrmn.htm

Who knows, maybe Ward's father is inspired by this character, if not the character itself. :shrug:

I want to know what happened to the little brother and I want to meet the bully older brother.

Agreed, and I think we will. They hinted Ward's family too much last season NOT to introduce at least some of them in this one.

Last edited:
I think it's something Garrett tells him. So look for an ep in which he was featured.

Skye tells him that he has been erased on the phone while he is in Cuba with Garrett, and wonders how he isn't very upset. He says that it isn't the first time his identity has been compromised. It clearly refers to his SHIELD identities, though. As others have pointed out, he has been called Grant by his brother at age 8, and Grant Ward by the detention center at age 16. Not to mention that his name and his family would have to actually exist for him to pass all the background checks before being accepted into SHIELD.

anyone disappointed we yet to have promo or teaser and there is only 3 weeks left.....not the best way to attract new fans to the show

Skye tells him that he has been erased on the phone while he is in Cuba with Garrett, and wonders how he isn't very upset. He says that it isn't the first time his identity has been compromised. It clearly refers to his SHIELD identities, though. As others have pointed out, he has been called Grant by his brother at age 8, and Grant Ward by the detention center at age 16. Not to mention that his name and his family would have to actually exist for him to pass all the background checks before being accepted into SHIELD.

Yeah, that's it. I was going to suggest the quote was in Turn, Turn, Turn, but you might be right that it occurred later during the phone conversation (Providence perhaps?).

There's a promo up on the AoS Facebook page, but it's just the Lola falls out of the sky bit

Yeah, that's it. I was going to suggest the quote was in Turn, Turn, Turn, but you might be right that it occurred later during the phone conversation (Providence perhaps?).
Here's the dialogue from "Providence" (apologies for any typos)

SKYE: Hi, it's me. I just wanted to let you know that Grant Ward no longer exists.

WARD: You wanna explain that, Skye?

SKYE: Some trigger happy Colonel threatened to pay The Hub a visit, Coulson had us evacuate before he could lock us all up. Now I'm scrubbing our IDs while Coulson figures out our next move.

WARD: Makes sense. Agent Hand picked up some Navy jets in the vicinity, she's taking the long route to The Fridge, just to be safe.

SKYE: Wow, you took that surprisingly well. Did you hear the part about you no longer existing?

WARD: Well, it's not the first time my identity's been compromised. Any idea where Coulson has us headed?

SKYE: No idea, I'll keep you posted.

WARD: Good, I'll catch up with you when I can.

SKYE: And when I see you next, who ya gonna be? You've got a clean slate, you can be anyone you want.

WARD: I don't know. Maybe Tom Brady. I always wanted to play quarterback.

SKYE: And date supermodels. You are so predictable.

WARD: No, I mean the guy seems to have things pretty worked out.

SKYE: Be careful.

WARD: You too.

GARRETT: Tom Brady?! You hate the Patriots.

WARD: The Agent Grant Ward she knows doesn't.

GARRETT: Yeah, that straight version of you is something else. I don't even think Romanoff could pull that one.

WARD: Well, it wasn't without it's complications.

(they then go on to talk about shooting Skye and all that stuff)

edit: corrected a mistake/typo on one of Skye's lines

Last edited:
A hd look at the season 2 logo:
Logos2.jpg

I like it! Darker and not nearly as happy as the season 1 logo. For those who want to compare here are all the other title cards:
(Official season 1)
AoSlogo.jpg

Here is the logo for uprising:
Uprising.png

And the one for HYDRA:
AoSHydra.png

SKYE: Indeed, supermodels. You are so predictable.

I don't know how you transcribed this, but this conversation actually went like this:

SKYE: And date supermodels. You are so predictable.

YlUxWHA2.jpg

It says:

Does anyone think it will be the same set that Agent Carter uses and that they're doubling up on it to save on costs? Of course, the Agent Carter one will be redressed to look directly from WWII.
I can see that. It would make sense.

There's a promo up on the AoS Facebook page, but it's just the Lola falls out of the sky bit
that is on the local ABC new season tv spot along with Ready to change the world and May with the Beserker staff

Silvermoon, thanks. That is indeed the quote I was thinking of. I hope that clears up the debate on whether Grant Ward is his real name with an affirmative yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"