Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Video removed by user. :dry:

2. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I edited the post with a vid that should work (at least, it works for me)

3. TeeKay Registered

4. iambranded Registered

I'm so ready for this season to start.....
    I guess we should keep in mind that there wont be another Marvel movie till the Avengers so AoS and Agent Carter will do it for us.... good planning

5. Lilbaz Registered

Really hope they step up a gear. The first season got better towards the end but overall was poor. If it didn't have the name Marvel attached it would probably have been cancelled.
    So want this to be good. With Alien races now on the table they might have a little bit more room to maneuver, also excited by Absorbing Man and Mockingbird turning up.

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They seem to be getting better names and actors in this 2nd season with the likes of Kyle Maclachlan, Adrianne Palicki, Lucy Lawless and Henry Simmons.

Although granted, they did manage to get guest stars like Bill Paxton, Saffron Burrows, Peter MacNichol, Patton Oswalt and Elena Satine last season.

7. Lilbaz Registered

Think the writers/directors are the ones that need to step it up. Make us care about these characters. Make us feel emotion, make us laugh, cry, scared, excited. Make them 3 dimensional. This series is linked to the biggest movie franchise of all time and should reflect that.
    It also needs to decide what it wants to be. It's a family show but that doesn't mean that it needs to be bland. Make it a bit more subtle, the audience aren't idiots, you don't need to spell everything out for us. But do hint to where it is going. At the moment it seems to be reacting to the marvel films. The series will have to reflect what happens in the films but needs to be able to stand alone.

I'd love to see Gaiman write an episode one with Punisher. The episode he wrote for Doctor Who made me care more in 45 minutes about the character of the Tardis than the whole of AOS season 1 did for any of their cast.

#882 Lilbaz, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  8. iambranded Registered

you seem to forget that this is the first ever concept that a television show is shared with a movie universe also.......meaning we have to be slightly patient with certain episodes...it got better towards the end because some of the characters we became to know more about....and also....some of the shackles were slowly being released due to Thor's move and Cap2 being released during that stretched.....
    I was never worried about it...and now im even more excited because theres so much at stake....I'm glad all was kept hidden from us during the first season.....and this 2nd season will define what SHIELD is all about....
    Cant Wait...........

9. Whiskey Tango Registered

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

Bearded Ward and Skye in the interrogation room! :wow: Was that Lucy Lawless rappelling down near the end?

11. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Looks like it could be Skye to me

12. Lilbaz Registered

I understand they were restrained by what they could reveal or even the fact they didn't know what was going to happen in the films. But I think that the writing was a bit poor. The characters were a bit one dimensional. Fitz and Simmons were meant to be a bit of comic relief but just weren't that funny.
    The series did get better, I just think it could do better. As I said make us care about them and what happens. Think Person of Interest is far superior. I know that it's not aimed at kids. But on a lower budget it manages to draw you in more than AOS. Did hear the rumours that the first few episodes of AOS had to be re written as they thought they were crap. Hopefully they've learned their lessons and get into stride for season 2.

#888 Lilbaz, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  13. Alex_Kidd Registered

Seen the promo, not fully convinced. The technical difficoulties goes on, still the show seems played with the lights out. Too dark but in a bad way.

I was hoping for a "house of cards" quality but maybe is ask too much

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Skye had a beard too? :wow: :oldrazz:

What possible reason could she have to grow one?

15. Lilbaz Registered

Her alien blood turns her into The Wendigo?

16. BatsDC Side-Kicker

I wonder if we'll see some form of the Lethal Legion this season. Seems like a reasonable team to have the AoS face

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well with all this talk of Grim Reaper, maybe so.

But the likes of Man Ape are best left to a Black Panther movie first. Would be cool to see the Erik Josten Goliath (although he could really have been used in an Ant-Man movie as the villain though without having to make Yellow Jacket a villainous identity).

I would also like Nekra, Whirlwind (again another Ant-Man/Wasp villain), Living Laser and Swordsman.

Ultron was also part of the legion, although I don't know if he'd show up again after A:AOU (although Ultron never quite dies in the comics).

Batroc the Leaper was also in one version of the Legion, so Georges St Pierre could guest star, although I think he might be able to kick all of the agents' asses.

18. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Awesome trailer, can't wait for this season. Gonna be great to see SHIELD take the fight to HYDRA :D

19. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I think the kree we saw in the tank could be one of mar-vell's crew who came to earth with him. He dies on earth and is found. Meanwhile mar-vell is or was hiding out in shield getting intel. So mar-vell is on earth right now still observing things. Maybe when a kree sentry shows up he will reveal himself.

20. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

They knew what was going to happen in the films, they had access to the scripts for Thor:TDW & CA:TWS before they went into production so that they could plan around them accordingly.

21. Hunter Rider Ronin

I think you are right, it's her new fringe that through me off.

[​IMG]

22. iambranded Registered

the writing wasnt a bit poor..i think it was more so what they had to work with.....remember...show started with so many unknowns....they had time to develop....the best thing that happened to this show was Cap 2 and the dysfunction of SHIELD......brought out the best in this 1st season....now this season can stand on their own....and blend into the universe on their own

23. iambranded Registered

I was looking at BJ Britt aka Agent Trip's twitter account..he has recent pictures with the cast....so it looks like he'll be involved in season 2
    [​IMG]

24. Lilbaz Registered

They were limited by the films but that has nothing to do with what they could have done with the characters.

They even admit in the series that they didn't flesh out the characters. Skye's real name being Mary Sue and her making a joke out of Wade being boring. Fitz and Simmons are trying to be the comic relief but are just not funny.

I watched it and will watch next season. But they could have done better. Wasn't there a rumour that they had to rewrite the first few episodes?

I don't want to keep having a go at the series because I really hope that it will work and see some promising signs, but they must do better.

#900 Lilbaz, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.