Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEGGY CARTER ON AGENTS OF SHIELD BEFORE AGENT CARTER PREMIERES!!

*runs around room*

*dies of excitement*

OH TO THE HELLS YES!!!!

Looks like AoS learned their lessons from the first season. Get right in, introduce more canon comic characters, craft stronger ties to the MCU while developing strong stories on the show. Don't wait to get super awesome after the movies are out!

I love the show, watched every episode, but I just really hope that they come out of the gate kicking ass.

I also love how it's Peggy Carter who got the self-titled spinoff from the movies too. AoS is about Skye as much as it's about Coulson. Agent Carter is focused completely on her.

It's so clear Marvel recognizes what gold they struck with Hayley Atwell.

Now bring on Agent 13 for a guest spot on the show…

I'm curious to see if the Peggy that shows up in episode one is the one we see in The Winter Soldier or Younger Peggy via Flashback.

Anyone wondee why they are fugitive? Must have done something with talbot who been promoted amd he woll go aftee coulson team unless some agreement to work together?

I'm curious to see if the Peggy that shows up in episode one is the one we see in The Winter Soldier or Younger Peggy via Flashback.

Exactly what I was wondering myself.

Old Peggy would require the expensive CGI to make her look old, unless they go for the cheap and unconvincing old-age make up that artists always use, which would be a big drop in quality.

Looking forward to Peggy's appearance on the show. Its nice to see Marvel giving her a lot of exposure in the MCU.

Maybe a video message hidden in the base.
I guess that the new SHIELD will install in the first SHIELD's base, lot of old stuff in the attic

Just a thought but, what if AOS has a backdoor pilot for Agent Carter?

That would be interesting. Considering all the hints dropped over the summer, I would assume that AoS will have more than a little crossover with AC.

And +5 internet points for using the "backdoor" and "Agent Carter" in the same sentence.

episode 2 press release

"Heavy is the Head" - Hunted and running out of solutions, Coulson puts his team right in the line of fire in the hopes of saving them all. But with General Talbot, Hydra and Creel all on the attack, can they possibly survive? Meanwhile, a mysterious Doctor (Kyle MacLachlan) harbors some dangerous secrets that could destroy one of our core team members.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Ruth Negga as Raina, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Wilmer Calderon as Idaho, Kyle MacLachlan as The Doctor, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Carolina Espiro as waitress and Cutter Garcia as bartender.

"Heavy is the Head" was written by Paul Zbyszewski and directed by Jesse Bochco.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23227/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_heavy_is_the_head

Glad that Absorbing Man isn't one and done

Question- in the episode with the guy who could make fire with his hands, didn't they say that Shield had a list of people who have powers. With all of Shield's secrets let out, wouldn't all the people on the list show up somewhere? Am I wrong?

Question- in the episode with the guy who could make fire with his hands, didn't they say that Shield had a list of people who have powers. With all of Shield's secrets let out, wouldn't all the people on the list show up somewhere? Am I wrong?

Presumably. I'd imagine they're in hiding or on the run or otherwise living in either shame or a quasi-celebrity status.

Fortunately, according to Coulson, it wasn't a very long list.

Why not just come clean & tell Tony that Coulson is alive & is trying to establish a new & Better SHIELD & Tony agrees with funding it as long as Coulson is in charge ?

If they do that, then fans will want Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor in every episode, at which point they'll cost $20 million per.

Whedon & Tancharoen Reflect On Season One , Look At What's To Come

A little bit about the inclusion of Mockingbird:
You've added a number of new characters to the roster for Season Two since we last spoke. Can you tease some of plans and intentions for some of them? For example, we've of course heard about Adrianne Palicki playing Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird. What do you want to say about that character and that actress at this stage?

Tancharoen: Well, we're very excited to have the beloved character, Mockingbird, on the show. Adrianne Palicki was a perfect fit for the role. She was someone we pictured from the beginning. It's thrilling to have a nice, sort of skilled, sexy spy in the mix. And I think with the handful of characters that we have added to the show, it's just to illustrate what the new S.H.I.E.L.D. may look like. Coulson is operating with limited resources, so he has to bring people into the fold. So it may feel like we're expanding a lot, but really, the people that you will see are basically the people we have at our disposal.

Whedon: We used to be a ragtag group in a huge machine that was churning. Then, they were agents who had support. Now, that we have less, we sort of see all of them. So while our cast is getting bigger, it's actually because S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting smaller, we're using every resource we can.

A character like Mockingbird -- similar to Deathlok last season -- is also a significant marquee character that you guys have been able to get your hands on. Tell me what got you excited about playing with a character that could have easily gone to the cinematic side of the universe?

Whedon: Well, obviously, we all exist in one universe, and if we didn't, we could have any character we wanted. We could kill them and do what we wanted with them. It is nice that we're all in one universe, so when we get something, it does have weight. It does exist in the Cinematic Universe and we're in constant communication with features, and there's a database of what they're using, what they plan to use, what we can and can't use. We just try to carve out our little spot, and Mockingbird's a good example of someone who we can really lean on as a major character.

Tancharoen: Right. And in the Marvel Universe everything is fluid. The show was basically born out of what has been already established in the Cinematic Universe, so as much as we have benefitted from having characters that you've seen in the film appear on our show, there is always a possibility for the reverse. So we do think that all our characters have potential to crossover at some point and there's always that possibility, and Mockingbird is a nice, exciting new character for us to have that does have crossover potential.

Source: Marvel Freshman on Twitter:

Peggy Carter And the Howling Commandos In AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D

BxLxyzGCYAAaPfW.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member