Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for REAL? lol
The DLC agents of shield for the game Lego Avengers is out: :yay:
CiXQ6LaUoAAXHZg.jpg

What did Chloe Bennett say that has all your panties bunched up?

^ Something about the movies side of the MCU "pretending" to care about the TV shows. It's from a recent fan panel at a convention.

^ Something about the movies side of the MCU "pretending" to care about the TV shows. It's from a recent fan panel at a convention.

Yeah, she was mad.

Let off some steam, Bennet.

My panties weren't in a bunch about her comments. I found them hilarious. It's cute she thought she was guaranteed movie stardom.

You know who started Ignoring the tv shows first don't ya? WHEDON.
I know it was in an article in one of the magazines, but he said something to the effect that he wished he'd never thought of making the AoS tv show. So in if anything Blame him

My panties weren't in a bunch about her comments. I found them hilarious. It's cute she thought she was guaranteed movie stardom.

You're making quite the ridiculous leap here. Ms. Bennett has been a terrific spokesperson for AOS and appears to take a lot of pride in what she and her co-workers have accomplished. Wanting the movie-verse to acknowledge their accomplishments is hardly begging for a movie role.

Shes saying what a lot of us have been thinking, and no doubt she speaking for co-workers who don't have this young woman's nards. Good for her.

"People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show?"

Ike Perlmutter.

You're welcome.

Actually, I think Chloe Bennet HAS improved. Greatly, even. Which isn't to say that she's award worthy or top quality, I just mean that since the first started Bennet has definitely made some marked improvements.

I could also argue that neither Whedon's comment or the Russos' ignorance are exactly slamming the shows. If Whedon has said that for all intents and purposes he's pretending that The Avengers were the world's only superheroes or if the Russos thought a fan was just joking when asked if a "purple man" would be brought up as a way to brainwash Bucky would you assume they were dissing the Netflix shows? More than likely I think if it was a widely loved property everyone would understand that the directors haven't seen every Marvel property ever, and that Whedon was simply talking about the way he approaches the film as though a number of viewers would have only seen the last Avengers.

Everyone knows that the actors and host do prep before these interviews, right? The show let's them know a head of time what topics will be brought up. It's not like Gregg's question truly caught these guys unaware and what we saw was their honest, of the top of their heads reaction. I'm not saying the moment wasn't awkward, but it's pretty obvious they were trying to play it as awkward.

There is a definite split between the two divisions and a whole bunch of reasons I think we're unlikely to see much interaction between the two. But at this point it's like people need to blame someone for it and come up with a whole bunch of reasons painting the film side as unreasonable or AoS as such a disaster that no one wants to get near it. Ignoring the fact that the film side has a whole lot on their plates and I seriously doubt that every film person has sat down and watched AoS and determined it sucked. More than likely most of them barely know about it's existence, but not because it's some terrible piece of garbage. They likely barely know about the Netflix shows, too, or Agent Carter or anything not directly related to whatever project they are working on.

This is a spot on assessment if you ask me. I don't know why some people seem to have an axe to grind with this show. It is doing exactly what it set out to do and it is doing it quite well. The fact that the movies haven't yet referenced the TV shows is mostly logistical but there is also certainly some indifference and maybe some hard feelings between the two divisions. Personally, I hope this next season is the greatest yet if it is to be the last.

You seem to have it out for Chloe. In no way does her comments imply that she is angling for a movie role. She seems very invested in Marvel and she would just like them to return the feeling.

Yeah her comments are basically about how the movies ignore the TV Shows. There's only one thing I heard in Civil War about the TV Shows is what Vision said. He said something along the lines of "[BLACKOUT]Ever since Tony Stark announced himself as Iron Man 8 years ago, there's been an alarming amount of gifted individuals popping up" [/BLACKOUT]

Is there video of her comments? Because every headline makes it out like she's angry and bashing them. Maybe they were just light-hearted jests pointing out she wished there were more crossovers?

Really it's a good thing their separated you want the Agents to stand on their own and not be "calling in the Avengers" every time there's a bad guy that needs stopping. I think one of the biggest problem AoS has is they end up being too public, this should be a spy show. Fighting in the shadows with black ops, battles the world will never know about. What's the point of having Secret Warriors if their not secret? They keep writing plots in ways that demands the movies to acknowledge it for the sake of continuity, when they shouldn't. Like the Netflix series they should focus on carving out their own corner, be their own series, and not simply an Avengers tie-in. The super spy world of the MCU.

While I'm happy she is finally being called "Quake" but the fact that she's all over newspapers shows that they're going in the same direction. And creates the same problem. If there's an enhanced who can cause earthquakes, destroying and robbing banks then "where are the Avengers". The should write their stories in a way so that quest never gets asked.

I like the show, I just wished they'd change the way they plot the story.

You seem to have it out for Chloe. In no way does her comments imply that she is angling for a movie role. She seems very invested in Marvel and she would just like them to return the feeling.
I don't have it out for her. Her comments just brought up some things I've wanted to say forever but was never in the mood to.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones, good ways to use Marvel Superheroes on television. Agents of Shield I didn't get the point of after like 4 or 5 poor episodes in 2013. And I still don't get the point of. That's why I barely visit this forum.

I don't have it out for her. Her comments just brought up some things I've wanted to say forever but was never in the mood to.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones, good ways to use Marvel Superheroes on television. Agents of Shield I didn't get the point of after like 4 or 5 poor episodes in 2013. And I still don't get the point of. That's why I barely visit this forum.

... but AoS isn't suppose to be about superheroes... it's litterally about AGENTS of SHIELD :huh:

Is there video of her comments? Because every headline makes it out like she's angry and bashing them. Maybe they were just light-hearted jests pointing out she wished there were more crossovers?

Really it's a good thing their separated you want the Agents to stand on their own and not be "calling in the Avengers" every time there's a bad guy that needs stopping. I think one of the biggest problem AoS has is they end up being too public, this should be a spy show. Fighting in the shadows with black ops, battles the world will never know about. What's the point of having Secret Warriors if their not secret? They keep writing plots in ways that demands the movies to acknowledge it for the sake of continuity, when they shouldn't. Like the Netflix series they should focus on carving out their own corner, be their own series, and not simply an Avengers tie-in. The super spy world of the MCU.

While I'm happy she is finally being called "Quake" but the fact that she's all over newspapers shows that they're going in the same direction. And creates the same problem. If there's an enhanced who can cause earthquakes, destroying and robbing banks then "where are the Avengers". The should write their stories in a way so that quest never gets asked.

I like the show, I just wished they'd change the way they plot the story.

eh..... i wouldn't go that far i don't think the avengers are going to go after 1 of now many vigilante's out there especially one who isn't creating world destruction.

Vision did say the numbers of enhanced individuals has grown exponentially... it's not really the avenger's duty to keep tabs on them really.. especially not after the sokovian accords.

Sorry, but if you've had some thoughts about her for a while it sounds like you just don't like her and you are just using her comments to rail against her.

Agents of shield are about....agents of shield....not super heros

I hate that people fault the concept instead of the execution.
It could have been a brilliant show without ever needing heroes in it.

Agents of SHIELD is crap because it doesn't have heroes, it's crap because it is incompetently put together, cheaply done, poorly acted and badly written.

Is this for REAL? lol
Yeah, the agents of shield were just added in Lego Avengers in a DLC.
Free Roam:
[YT]watch?v=2yqy_efbtoY[/YT]

A little story mode about season 2, Ming na gave her voice:
[YT]watch?v=BuJH_1CVuSs[/YT]

This show has been up and down for me. When it started I was excited, then it kinda sucked or was lame...then end of season one picked up. Season 2 was pretty good. This season has been up and down...the whole inhumans and love thing was handled weird, and Mack was kind of a lame character for a while. I'm happy with how season 3 ended, and am hopeful for season 4. I hope they back away from the inhumans a bit, and the government intervention too, and just tell awesome spy stories and such.

I hate that people fault the concept instead of the execution.
It could have been a brilliant show without ever needing heroes in it.

Agents of SHIELD is crap because it doesn't have heroes, it's crap because it is incompetently put together, cheaply done, poorly acted and badly written.

Which is unfortunate, as it could have been really good if executed well. I've given the show multiple chances, but its just not good. I wanted to like it, I gave it more chances than Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which just didn't appeal to me.

Making it a poor concept of a show, that would be impossible to maintain.

so..... the multiple random successful spy shows of the past would severely disagree... (Get Smart, Alias, Chuck, 24, La Femme Nakita, Avengers, Man from Uncle, Mission Impossible, Macgyver, etc) the concept isn't poor at all, just because it's set in the Marvel universe doesn't mean it needs to feature superheroes heavily... .. the execution just isn't as great as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"