Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOS has never quite managed to shake its rough start, even after extremely positive reception in Seasons 2 and 3.

On a different topic:
AOS alum Ruth Negga (Raina) was praised by CBR as the MVP of Preacher.
Negga gets the most range. One moment, she's sultry in leather with a dangerous smirk, seducing Jesse to return to his crooked roots. The next she's a fearsome firebrand scolding a brothel full of morons about their wicked ways. Then just like that, she's landing one-liners and conning a cop with her glorious gift of gab, before switching to real-talk mode, tenderly advising Jesse like the old friend she is.

Negga is a force of nature, commanding full attention in every frame. And while the wonky but wild and weird "Preacher" gets into the game, this mesmerizing, gun-toting Tulip is much more than Jesse's hurt ex. She's the show's MVP.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/review-amcs-preacher-takes-bold-risks-that-pay-off-big
She was fantastic on AOS and I'm glad she's got another meaty role to work with.

To be honest,Its a bit like Smallville to me,all promise and no pay off
That's my truth

i don't see SHIELD really promising anything... at least not on Smallville levels which was constantly teasing the fans with full fledged superman.

I hate that people fault the concept instead of the execution.
It could have been a brilliant show without ever needing heroes in it.

Agents of SHIELD is crap because it doesn't have heroes, it's crap because it is incompetently put together, cheaply done, poorly acted and badly written.

We are watching different shows. The one I watch has interesting characters, great stories, and top-notch FX. It had exactly what I expect from a weekly Marvel show.

We are watching different shows. The one I watch has interesting characters, great stories, and top-notch FX. It had exactly what I expect from a weekly Marvel show.

It's all subjective right?
One man's garbage is another's whatever.

I bet some people genuinely think the floptastic four was a good movie as well.

Obviously I don't loathe the show or I wouldn't keep coming back, but I just hate that it seems so lazy at times, that it could easily be better.

so..... the multiple random successful spy shows of the past would severely disagree... (Get Smart, Alias, Chuck, 24, La Femme Nakita, Avengers, Man from Uncle, Mission Impossible, Macgyver, etc) the concept isn't poor at all, just because it's set in the Marvel universe doesn't mean it needs to feature superheroes heavily... .. the execution just isn't as great as it should be.

The problem is that nobody cares about regular ass spies when I could be watching someone cool, like Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew , handle some of the same issues.

Sounds like a personal problem, because I knew plenty of folks who'd kill for a good super-spy show like everyone thought this would be before it aired.

The problem is that nobody cares about regular ass spies when I could be watching someone cool, like Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew , handle some of the same issues.

Hmmmm.....I wonder why I watch my DVDs of I SPY, THE MAN FROM UNCLE, AMOS BURKE; SECRET AGENT, COVERT AFFAIRS, and other spy related shows if no one care for them....could it be possibly that some people like spy shows?

Hmmmm.....I wonder why I watch my DVDs of I SPY, THE MAN FROM UNCLE, AMOS BURKE; SECRET AGENT, COVERT AFFAIRS, and other spy related shows if no one care for them....could it be possibly that some people like spy shows?

Its going completly over your head. Regular spies that exist in a world full of "Super Heroes"/ powered people.

Nobody wants that.

Not a single show/movie you listed are that.

Its going completly over your head. Regular spies that exist in a world full of "Super Heroes"/ powered people.

Nobody wants that.

I like Quake and Bobbie Morse a lot.

Nobody wants that.

You're blowing this out of proportion. I was gonna say more, but I have laundry to go do.

NICE! I wish I could afford the Avengers game lol
Yeah, the agents of shield were just added in Lego Avengers in a DLC.
Free Roam:
[YT]watch?v=2yqy_efbtoY[/YT]

A little story mode about season 2, Ming na gave her voice:
[YT]watch?v=BuJH_1CVuSs[/YT]

I wish the other characters spoke in the LEGO DLC thing, but it's a nice treat for us fans.

All great spy shows and no Superheroes in any of them.

That there are only so many tales to tell before the spy angle gets played out.

I think that's empirically been proven false. For starters, there are a bunch of spy shows that lasted longer than this show. Everything from Alias to 24 cuts against your argument. Second, the three seasons here cut against your argument.

I can understand folks wanting a traditional Marvel superhero show on ABC. But the network doesn't want one. None of the Big Four networks want them. Gotham, AOS, Lucifer and Powerless are your 2017 non-CW Marvel/DC properties, and they are at best Superhero Adjacent.

If Cloak and Dagger is a big success on Freeform I could see ABC taking a chance on Runaways. But I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody wants that.

You're over your own head... clearly many are perfectly happy with the premise... and we've gotten heroes like quake and mockingbird

Just because SHIELD isn't focusing on superheroes doesn't mean we haven't gotten them.

Nobody wants that.

It's going over YOUR head....you said - The problem is that nobody cares about regular ass spies when I could be watching someone cool, like Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew , handle some of the same issues......and I then showed you that I care about regular ass spies. So maybe you meant to say that YOU don't care about regular ass spies but others do.....

It's going over YOUR head....you said - The problem is that nobody cares about regular ass spies when I could be watching someone cool, like Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew , handle some of the same issues......and I then showed you that I care about regular ass spies. So maybe you meant to say that YOU don't care about regular ass spies but others do.....

I think its safe to say judging from the ratings and the fact its on the chopping block, that the majority don't care about those plain ole spies.

I can understand folks wanting a traditional Marvel superhero show on ABC. But the network doesn't want one. None of the Big Four networks want them. Gotham, AOS, Lucifer and Powerless are your 2017 non-CW Marvel/DC properties, and they are at best Superhero Adjacent.

If Cloak and Dagger is a big success on Freeform I could see ABC taking a chance on Runaways. But I'm not holding my breath.

Gotham might be the only show on TV that is a bigger waste of time than AOS. No Batman, smh.

I think its safe to say judging from the ratings and the fact its on the chopping block, that the majority don't care about those plain ole spies.

The funny thing is.....in the post I responded to made by you....You DID NOT say that the majority of people did not care for regular spies...You said NOBODY cares about them. So how about you debate me on what you said and I responded to and don't change it later after I prove you are wrong.

I think the only thing safe to say is you clearly have no clue what you're talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"