Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, hadn't thought of that

And if that happens, I could see Andrew being the one to kill Ward, to protect May, assuming that it's not a Jekyll and Hyde thing, which from the last episode, it looks like he can control his transformation.

And how does Ward react to such a beast as Lash?

Last edited:
Powers Boothe did good job in his first episode. It's neat to have him reviving the role he had in TA as a World Security Council member, and it makes sense looking back that he was with Hydra. It'll be interesting to see what his character does next.

I'm curious about where Boothe's character was during the events of TWS. I'll bet Alexander Pierce sent him abroad somewhere to work on some other secret project for Hydra.

The Algorithm I don't think was just about people with abilities ... but people who could potentially get in hydras way... which means even internet bloggers and hackers were likely targeted.

I always took the Algorithm as the same concept as the Future Sentinel program in DOFP... even potentially targeting people who would give birth to someone who could be a threat to hydra

Yup, I don't think Zola's algorithm had anything to do with potential Inhumans as they were still mostly an unknown quantity at the time (Through Whitehall they would have known about the Kree corpse, the Diviner, Daisy and her Mom, but that seemed to be it), and no-one without a 'diviner' to hand could tell who would become one when exposed to Terrigen.

I think it was just based on individuals or groups with potential for social/political/scientific power (whose profile showed they would not ally themselves with Hydra's beliefs), radicals/terrorists and the like, and those already with abilities/powers who would be an obstacle. I guess they might have known about the existing Inhumans we have seen in the show, but not the future ones cropping up after the Terrigen got spread into the food chain (Zola's program couldn't have seen that coming, and that's assuming Hydra knew all about Terrigen and how it works, which there was no indication they did).

Only thing that seems pre-emptive or pre-cognitive for super powered people was the name drop of Stephen Strange, unless his origin is told in the past tense for his film. If so he would have been a known power for hydra to factor into Zola's equation.

First, of all I love this show, but be honest are they really doing what they can to make this a superb marvel comics show. I look at other hero/comics shows and they include a lot of characters. Marvel has thousand and thousands of characters and they only give us on the show, include the 3 seasons 1 Origin of Gravitron, 2. Victoria Hand 3. A few irrelevant shield agents that didn't do anything. 4. Death lock 5. Daniel Whitehall ( didn't even give us Kraken) 6. Absorbing man. 7. Bobbi Morse ( not even mockingbird yet, no serum or anything) 8. Lance Hunter and MacKenzie. 9. Quake. 10. Glen Talbot 11. The Blizzard ( not even the Blizzard yet) 11. Lady Sif. 12 The other fwmale asguardian ( irrelevant ) 13. Anger the screamer.
The other shows work hard to at least try to entertain but this showas could be the best ever if they do what shield do from time to time. Find and register power individuals. And let it be from the comics.

Welcome Coyote.

What you're expressing has often been mentioned.
But that's simply not what this show is meant to be.
If you wanted more comics characters, you'd have to do a rogue of the week style show. That format would allow for that type of rotating roster where you'd see a parade of comics villains and heroes. But it also sacrifices character development.
You end up getting characters with one liners and no depth and the only true enjoyment you get out of that is a brief moment of "oh hey look that's so and so in live action".
To me, that's less desirable than what we're getting.
I prefer the slow burn story telling that they're using in AOS and I prefer a nice surprice like the reveal that Skye was Quake all along

So with joseph manfredi joining the show... I do wonder if we will have him tie into his father... Silvermane... who was once a HYDRA leader... but more well known as a Maggia leader...

Ive been saying it for a while now.. but the Maggia are a fantastic thread to tie SHIELD/AGENT CARTER/DAREDEVIL/and SPIDER-MAN all together....

SHIELD is getting the son of Silvermane, Agent Carter is getting Madame Masque... other prominent Maggia related characters are... Hammerhead, Eel, Count Nefaria, Gladiator, Whiplash, Scarecrow, Cyclone, Bushmaster, Grim Reaper, Mysterio, Trapster

SHIELD is getting the son of Silvermane, Agent Carter is getting Madame Masque... other prominent Maggia related characters are... Hammerhead, Eel, Count Nefaria, Gladiator, Whiplash, Scarecrow, Cyclone, Bushmaster, Grim Reaper, Mysterio, Trapster

Agent Carter is getting the son of Silvermane, not AoS.

I want to see the Zodiac expanded upon, and AIM too.

In the MCU, A.I.M. was founded by Aldrich Killian around the 1990s, which means no A.I.M. in Agent Carter.

But it can be used in Agents of SHIELD and in other movies.
I didn't mean I wanted it in Agent Carter, just used more within the MCU as a whole.

First, of all I love this show, but be honest are they really doing what they can to make this a superb marvel comics show. I look at other hero/comics shows and they include a lot of characters. Marvel has thousand and thousands of characters and they only give us on the show, include the 3 seasons 1 Origin of Gravitron, 2. Victoria Hand 3. A few irrelevant shield agents that didn't do anything. 4. Death lock 5. Daniel Whitehall ( didn't even give us Kraken) 6. Absorbing man. 7. Bobbi Morse ( not even mockingbird yet, no serum or anything) 8. Lance Hunter and MacKenzie. 9. Quake. 10. Glen Talbot 11. The Blizzard ( not even the Blizzard yet) 11. Lady Sif. 12 The other fwmale asguardian ( irrelevant ) 13. Anger the screamer.
The other shows work hard to at least try to entertain but this showas could be the best ever if they do what shield do from time to time. Find and register power individuals. And let it be from the comics.

A difference between what Marvel and DC are doing is Marvels movies and TV shows are in the same 'universe', whereas DC's shows and their movies are not currently connected (separate worlds).

That allows DC's tv arm to use bigger gun characters (like Ra's al Ghul, who is a Batman rogue rather than Green Arrow) in their shows with no direct impact on what the films side is planning down the line. Marvel's TV division feed from the movies, rather than seeds into them, and they have (apparently) been given a list of characters that are 'off limits' to them as Marvel have them tagged for potential use down the line for their flicks.

Now that doesn't mean they cant use some great characters from the books (I'm sure they would still have access to many), but these will likely already be tied to shows like Daredevil where his rogues are already his own. I would expect (and hope) more shows like Daredevil are in the pipeline too widening the scope of available comics characters, heroes & villains alike, in all the shows (eventually).

oh that's annoyingly unfortunate... but then again the classic Mob Trope makes more sense for that era...

Maybe we will see silvermane their

In the MCU, A.I.M. was founded by Aldrich Killian around the 1990s, which means no A.I.M. in Agent Carter.

actually that's still debatable...

we know Killian was a founder of the company then.. but we have no clue how he got his money.. and funded them... the concept of AIM could have been around for quite a while.

actually that's still debatable...

we know Killian was a founder of the company then.. but we have no clue how he got his money.. and funded them... the concept of AIM could have been around for quite a while.

Maybe A.I.M. was secretly funded by HYDRA. It could explain how HYDRA's scientists got their hands on the Extremis virus for the Centipede Project.

So is Gideon Malick in hiding? If he was a part of HYDRA, shouldn't it have been revealed in the info dump from Winter Soldier?

So is Gideon Malick in hiding? If he was a part of HYDRA, shouldn't it have been revealed in the info dump from Winter Soldier?

Only the secrets of HYDRA's S.H.I.E.L.D. branch were revealed, not the secrets of the entire HYDRA.

Doctor List: It's over. Fury has released everything to the public.
Baron von Strucker: Everything he knows about.

HYDRA had many more branches. Malick was a member of another branch, the World Security Council branch, in this case.

I'm okay with the show being cautious about throwing in too many comic book characters. The comics have a finite number of characters to choose from. While it might seem like a lot, those characters are to be divided between Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, the four and a half Netflix series and all of the MCU movies. And Marvel plans on stretching this franchise out for at least six phases. Next year is probably going to throw in Damage Control and Marvel's Most Wanted too.

Personally, I think Flash could be a better series if it put a bigger focus on telling the overarcing story than the villains of the week. I like it, but it's becoming really formulaic.

Powers Boothe, yet another "actor who should always play a bad guy" alongside Robert Knepper, Peter Stomare and Jordi Molla.

Great ep this week. I loved everything with Bobbi and May. From their throwdown, to the safety deposit box mission, to the fight with the Hydra goons and Bobbi taking on Ward's main henchman.

I also liked Mack and Tremors doing some spying work of their own that tied into Rozson's latest entertaining round of banter foreplay. :D

I'm surprised the Andrew reveal has come so quickly and that he seems to be very much aware of what he's doing, that sinister stare after he spoke to Daisy at the end was creepy.

...Head of Security? This is going to get confusing with ATCU collaboration

Wish it said WHICH Shield he's from lol

If Agents of Shield is still around by the time Spider-Man gets introduced in the MCU, they will probably reveal that Peter Parker is a inhuman and will say that the spider got radioactive by the terrigen mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"