Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 9

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsnee Ok

First Paxton, now Boothe. Hydra's dying out.

2. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

The timeline you read is accurate. GotG Vol. 2 happens just a couple months after the first GotG film (so it takes place late 2014). This is one of the problems of not going with the 'movie takes place when it comes out' and putting its time setting in the middle of a bunch of stuff that already happened in a connected universe... you then are left scratching your head and wondering "well why wasn't this mentioned at the time?" and information has to be somewhat retconned (or fans are left trying to fill in the gaps on their own).

*IF* I had to come up with an inworld explanation of why it was never mentioned back during the events of that year (which, in world, the remnants of SHIELD were still underground after Cap taking out Hydra/SHIELD earlier in the year... Coulson's mind-set wasn't exactly in the best of places, what with dealing with all the after-effects of the GH serum. The Avengers were probably still working on taking out various Hydra bases looking for the scepter and so could have been on the other side of the world at the time that the goo in Missouri was on it's rampage).... given that it would have been bio-matter of some-sort, my own personal headcanon is that I doublt it's been sitting around for the past three years and that it probably dissipated/degraded relatively quickly after Ego was killed and the goo no longer had a connection to the 'light' that was fueling it. Again, that's just my own personal headcanon theory

3. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well that Blob isn't the only unanswered investigation. Remember the Frost Beast that came through in Thor Darkworld? They DID do a cross over in the Well Episode and cleaning up after the event but they NEVER touch on what happened to the Frost Beast chasing pigeons through London

4. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I figure the blob stuff from GotG2 eventually disentigrated (leaving a hole and a mess but nothing else)....and the frost beast.....he's making his way to the arctic up through Canada.....and thus has caused Wendigo sightings to skyrocket.

5. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

My headcanon on the frost beast/Jotunheim monster is that as soon as Heimdall was reinstated he transported it back to Jotunheim without much fuss.

C.Lee's version could make for some interesting further stories though :oldrazz:

6. Zarex Registered

Note: The Frost Beast died on the way back to his home planet

#931 Zarex, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. rashad Hype Board Junkie

#932 rashad, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  8. Zarex Registered

I think that is a misprint. The Inhumans, which will have an eight episode run, is slotted at 9 on Friday.

The interesting thing is that AOS is getting a full 22 episodes despite the late start.

9. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Which could mean we'll end up not having very many breaks (if any at all?)

10. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I would happily take a later start if it means no/less random breaks...

11. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Friday means that this season is the last. Which can be good since it means that we'll get a definitive ending. IMO, this is where I'd move the cast after the series ends (assuming that they survive).

Coulson - Retires with Contessa Allegra DeFontaine (who MUST appear this season)
    May - Moves to Hong Kong branch for Shang Chi Netflix series
    Quake - Also moves to Hong Kong Branch for Shang Chi Netflix series
    Fitz - Marries Simmons and retires
    Simmons - Marries Fitz and retires
    Mack - Marries Yo-Yo and retires
    Yo-Yo - Marries Mack and retires
    Deathlok - Moves to Washington DC branch for Elektra Netflix series
    Mockingbird - Either winds up in Hong Kong or joins the Avengers
    Lance Hunter - If Bobbi is in Hong Kong, he follows her, if not, then he becomes the new Director
    Ghost Rider - Gets his own Netflix series.

And for the villains

Aida/Ophelia Sarkesian/Viper (if she survives tonight) - Leads HYDRA
    Anton Ivanov/The Superior (if he survives tonight) - Captured by Russian intelligence and forced to serve them as the Red Guardian
    Blizzard - Moved to the Raft where he'll obviously meet up with Shocker and Zemo
    Graviton - Survives to become an enemy of Blizzard, Zemo and Shocker's team
    Lorelei - Becomes a lover of Loki and enemy of Thor in Thor 4

12. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Fridays!?! WHY friday? NOBODY'S home on Friday evening!

13. Dr. Evil Registered

Fridays have worked well for Shark Tank.

14. Morg Super Moderator

I will be, have to get up at 4 am for work on Saturday :(

15. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Right now until the end of June I work from 11:45pm friday til noon Saturday lol HOPEFULLY if this other contract goes through I'll be off Friday nights then

16. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you, Vartha

[​IMG]

Personally, I'm good with the shift to Friday.... Tuesday nights in that 3rd hour slots have been brutal for me (as I have to get up early in the morning for work on weekdays). So a Friday slot (with me not having to work in the morning)? A welcome change :)

17. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Thanks, We still would have to wait 8 weeks until Inhumans is done with their first season :(

18. Panacea Registered

This was likely to be the final season regardless of what day it airs. The bigger issue I think is the fact that it's airing at 8pm instead of 10pm, which should negatively effect the sort of content they can show.

19. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

I hope that won't delay when the show is aired in the UK.

20. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

I would prefer:

Coulson - Reintroduced into the movies as Nick Fury's most trusted agent again
    May - Marries Coulson and becomes pregnant with his child, maternity leave, still working at SHIELD
    Quake - Becomes the new SHIELD director
    Fitz - Hired by Tony Stark as his chief scientist
    Simmons - Marries Fitz and becomes pregnant with his child, maternity leave but also working with Tony Stark
    Mack - Marries and settles down with YoYo, retired
    Yo-Yo - Becomes the leader of a new team of Secret Warriors
    Deathlok - Joins The Defenders over on Netflix
    Mockingbird - Trains with The Avengers
    Hunter - The War Machine to the 'Avenger' Mockingbird
    Ghost Rider - Teams up with Doctor Strange

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I would rather Deathlok doesn't join the Defenders or anything like that. I prefer he just opens up his own Laser Tag arena.

22. DrCosmic Professor of Power

[​IMG]

Not bad. Mine would be based more on bringing AoS to a satisfying ending thematically than doing fanservice or promising we'll see these characters again that no one wanted to crossover even when they were on a popular show.

Coulson - Dies heroically, permanently, syncing up the TV and movie universes once again, and leaving the remaining heroes with a secret they must always carry, that #CoulsonLived
    May - Adopts a kid and retires to raise her, resolving her Cavalry storyline
    FitzSimmons - Married, happily ever after. Extra points if Fitz dies and Simmons is preggo. #IAmALeafOnTheWind
    Mack&Yoyo - Becoming a traveling action couple, riding off into the sunset for wacky mercenary adventures
    Hunter - Dying heroically, freeing up Bobbi to do something interesting, wherever that may be, in the future.
    Deathlok - Having his humanity restored, with technology half as advanced as what gives him powers and some plastic surgery, being reunited with his family.
    Quake - No resolution, she gets up the next day to do the same thing she's always done, now as Fury's Secret Avenger, always a part of the world, but never being seen.
    Ghost Rider - Rides of into sunset to be addressed (likely one lined away) with a Ghost Rider series at some point in the future.
    Graviton - brought back as an opening sequence menace for the Avengers ala HYDRA from AOU or Batroc from TWS.
    Blizzard - Prison
    Other villains - Killed

23. Dr. Evil Registered

Once the show ends, I don't think we'll see any crossovers and it'll be the last we see out of all of those characters except Ghost Rider. The issue I have with a Ghost Rider series on Netflix is how to figure out how he interacts with Luke, Danny, Jessica and Matt without forcing his appearance onto the shows.

24. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

If we're doing this then...

Coulson - Given control of the Zepher and becomes the leader of a roving team of investigators
    May - Pilot for Coulson
    Daisy/Quake - Second in command at SHIELD under Hill
    FitzSimmons - married & heads of their individual R&D depts alongside each other.
    Mack - Retires and opens his own Shotgun-Axe manufacturing business
    Yoyo - not a clue
    Hunter - Mercenary for hire
    Bobbi - Assigned to Starks new Avengers
    Deathlok - Roams America helping people (a one man A team kinda thing). A thing of mystery and mythos
    Ghost Rider - Same sort of thing.
    Koenigs - Everywhere and anywhere you go, there's at least one of the there waiting to greet you.

25. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Ok here's mine:

Coulson: realises that AOS has all been the figment of his imagination while his brain has been operated on, and that he's still in Tahiti.
    May: Learns to be more joyful and joins the Joy Luck Club.
    Daisy: She learns to ride a bicycle made for two
    Fitzsimmons: Get married and begin research on a new lifelike android
    Mack: Opens a motorcycle business fixing Ghost Rider choppers.
    Yoyo: She finds her life very up and down from one moment to the next.
    Hunter: Meets Hawkeye and swaps families with him.
    Bobbi: Meets Hawkeye and gets together with him
    Deathlok: Starts up a new Laser Tag arena
    Ghost Rider: Takes some motor cycle lessons
    Koenigs: They have a son named Walter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.