Alan Wake.

Léo Ho Tep;22723065 said:
I think it's because both sides were jealous of the ohter exclusive game.

I don't know about the jealous part, but yeah, that probably had something to do with it. I doubt that it was the release dates, because three months is kind of a long time to compare something to. If that's all it were, then I would assume AW would've been compared much more to RDR, since they came out the same week.

Either way, weird comparison.

3 months isnt that long. Its not like they only started to get compared as soon as the games dropped. There was months of previews and screenshots prior to that which drew comparisons. MvC3 and MK were released 3 months apart and were constantly compared to each other. Fable 3 came out what in like 2010, and I saw it getting compared to Kingdom of Amalur which just came out last month. That also was compared to Skyrim which came out 3 months earlier. If people see some type of similarity, they will tend to draw comparisons.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the key difference is those comparisons is that there is something obviously similar about those games to compare. MVC3 and MK are fighting games, for instance, and F3 and KOA are both fantasy based action titles. AW and HR are like two completely things. Maybe before we know anything about the games and just had teasers or something (though HR's teasers and trailers were all pretty vague). I'd say most of the comparisons were probably born from the fact that they were both exclusives for their respective times.

Free camera for PC version is great:

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=8436
http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=8437

"• Added command line “-freecamera” that allows toggling between normal and a gamepad controlled free camera by pressing right thumb stick (overrides the camera side toggling). This was added as many fans said they want to see the whole world that we have built. Use at your own risk"

Someone uploaded some video to Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYnDeywVaFM&hd=1

Last edited:
I know this is super late but I started up Gamefly again recently and finally started playing this. Just finished episode 2, really great so far! :up:

Yea its a pretty cool ass game. I need to go through it again. Id also like to play that American Nightmare thing.

so Im playing American Nightmare right now...

is Alan still in the Dark Place? I assume so

I finished American Nightmare yesterday and enjoyed it. I thought the whole
repeating the same thing over and over again
was a bit of a cop out to make the story longer, but it was still cool overall.

It was way more action-y, though. Definitely didn't have that eerie feel of Alan Wake. I was, like, sweating when I played that game lol.

I just got a 360 a couple months ago and really didn't wanna subscribe to Xbox Live to get DLC for a system I'd be selling in a year for the next gen. But I really wanna play the extra episodes. Same for Sleeping Dogs content coming.

you can dl it without paying the xbox live. It's called a silver account.

Pretty crazy deal on all Alan Wake stuff right now on XBL. Over 80% off the main game.

Yeah the Humble Bundle has Alan Wake and AW: American Nightmare for sale, I guess for $1 minimum? I've never bought one of these and I already have both games but thinking about getting them for my friend.

I've bought stuff through Humble Bundle before. Totally painless. :)

I got to the stage concert area in the main game a few years ago when I played, then lost my save file. I havent had the heart to restart the game since but I liked it so much I think I may have to try again.

I've bought stuff through Humble Bundle before. Totally painless. :)

Turns out it is. I didn't know if it was Steam compatible (it is!) or how difficult it was to gift (easy!).

Well worth it and even buying blind I beat the average price by a fair amount so I don't feel like a cheapass.

Alan Wake was pretty good. But man...it could have been sooo much better.

And really...it doesn't seem like the Xbox crowd is into this kind of game. Too much talking, not enough shooting.

I thought they were going to announce Alan Wake 2 at the reveal when Remedy showed up. Although hopefully it will come at some point anyway. No idea what that Quantum Break will be like. The trailer didn't really tell much.

Just finished Alan Wake last night. Man, what a cool game. It might be favorite Xbox exclusive. Going to start the DLC tonight. Does it retain the same episodic format as the main game?

I've only played the first DLC (I'll now get around that), but it's short but solid. Story‐wise it doesn't really take a huge leap forward but it does set up for future DLC/sequel. It's more surreal and the gameplay really shines in this episode, more challenging and satisfying since the floating texts surrounding the environment (which I believe was briefly in the main game ) appears and is more frequently, makes combat more fun.

Last edited:

mqdefault.jpg

[YT]OgV4KQsC7Yg[/YT]
EP Daily Rundown – April 23, 2015

In another soon-to-be-award-winning edition of
The Rundown,
Vic and Marissa share their fears about the impending
Transformers Cinematic Universe,
and discuss their hopes for a sequel to Alan Wake.

And here's the full show below
EP Daily Full Show – April 23, 2015

Today on EP Daily, we discuss our hopes for a sequel to Alan Wake in the Rundown
; Marissa takes a look at the monstrous new Godzilla video game;
we have reviews of the hit indie game Axiom Verge and three classic Sega games that have

source: EPN.TV

Sounds like the developers at Remedy were able to get the majority of the sequel ideas into American Nightmare. Still, I'm sure the team would love to deliver on the initial open world concept.

Industry
Remedy Entertainment trademarks Alan Wake’s Return

Published 6 mins ago. 0 comments.
Return by Alan Wake.

Alan-Wake-Return-Trademark-Remedy.jpg

Remedy Entertainment filed a trademark for “Alan Wake’s Return” in Europe on February 23.

The domain name AlanWakeReturns.com was also registered via the same proxy used for other Remedy Entertainment domain names late last year.

Alan Wake is a Remedy Entertainment-owned franchise that first launched on Xbox 360 in 2010, and then on PC in 2012. A downloadable follow-up, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, also launched in 2012.
The Xbox One version of Remedy Entertainment’s next game, Quantum Break, will include both Alan Wake games as backwards compatible download titles.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

Industry, Alan Wake, Europe, Remedy Entertainment, Trademarks

source: Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back