Aliens: Colonial Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUMP!

Has there been any news on this game? I think this could be a pretty fun game if it's like L4D. L4D with Xenomorphs=Win.

BUMP!

Has there been any news on this game? I think this could be a pretty fun game if it's like L4D. L4D with Xenomorphs=Win.

Haha, itll prob be much slower paced than L4D. Prob a lot more emphasis on tactics being its developed by Gearbox.

WTF? I just heard of that game & it's coming out before this which was revealed over a year ago.

Aliens: Colonial Marines still coming, just not this year:

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox's Aliens shooter, is still very much on, but won't be arriving this year. When it does hit, there will be a DS version as well though, Gearbox president Randy Pitchford tells Kotaku.

Colonial Marines was first announced in 2006, then slated for a 2008 ship date. Later that was pushed back by retailer listings to mid-2009. But Pitchford said the game won't be coming this year.

He did say that along with working on Borderlands and Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox is also working on two other yet-to-be-announced titles.

And the rumored DS version of Aliens: Colonial Marines? It's real but not being worked on by Gearbox, Pitchford says. It sounds like WayForward Technologies are indeed working on what they have called their spiritual follow-up to Contra 4

http://kotaku.com/5291190/aliens-co...-to-ds-too-but-not-this-year?skyline=true&s=x

What would be the point of this game when AvP has all of the same elements AND the Predator? Stick with AvP otherwise this game will just be a lesser version of it.

I have a feeling AVP is going to be a relatively mediocre game.

What would be the point of this game when AvP has all of the same elements AND the Predator? Stick with AvP otherwise this game will just be a lesser version of it.

No sir, you are incorrect. As long as both games are good there is no problem here, because there's no such thing as too much good Aliens. A good Aliens experience is priceless, even if there's a game out there that mixes Predator elements with these good Aliens elements.

Last edited:
I have a feeling AVP is going to be a relatively mediocre game.

Based upon how good the originals were, and how sick the new one looks, your feeling looks quite unfounded.

No sir, you are incorrect. As long as both games are good there is no problem here, because there's no such thing as too much good Aliens. A good Aliens experience is priceless, even if there's a game out there that mixes Predator elements with these good Aliens elements.

But the new AvP game has the whole Colonial Marines vs. Aliens in the dark spaceship element. On top of that you can actually play the Aliens too. Oh and it has freaking Predators as well! It is Colonial Marines PLUS lots of other super awesome stuff. So it seems repetitive to me to make, essentially the same game, with LESS features. They'd be better off just producing a sequel to the already proven formula of AvP.

But the new AvP game has the whole Colonial Marines vs. Aliens in the dark spaceship element. On top of that you can actually play the Aliens too. Oh and it has freaking Predators as well! It is Colonial Marines PLUS lots of other super awesome stuff. So it seems repetitive to me to make, essentially the same game, with LESS features. They'd be better off just producing a sequel to the already proven formula of AvP.

No, i think Colonial Marines will prob be the better, more story driven, atmospheric game.I think AvP will be good, but they are focusing on 2 other characters and their storyline, there is no way they'll be able to give us as much detail about the Marines the way Gearbox will be able to. I dont think we are going to see as much of an emphasis on your squad in AvP the way we will in A:CM. Being that the game will be co-op there is gonna be heavy reliance on teammates and their individual specialty.

This is all moot tho, as someone else said, you cant have too many Alien games, especially ones developed by the superb Gearbox.

I'm glad this is still coming out, though I think it'll be over shadowed by AVP.

블라스;17063920 said:
Are we complaining that we're getting 2 potentially awesome "Aliens" games instead of 1? :cmad:
That's what happens when you have a message board filled with fanboys:funny:

I think Colonial Marines will be more in the mold of Rainbow Six. A more tactical shooter.

And AvP will be more of a traditional first person shooter.

Looking forward to both.

Based on the fact that Gearbox is way better than Rebellion will ever be, i´m much more hyped for Colonial Marines.
Besides, Colonial Marines is more of a sequel to James Cameron´s Aliens.

On other news, it seems that the Alien RPG (Obsidian) is still in the making too.
At least, when asked by Joystiq about Colonial Marines and RPG and their absent from E3, Sega replied "Aliens vs. Predator will be the first to ship out of our triplet of Aliens titles; hence it was shown at this year's E3"

Based upon how good the originals were, and how sick the new one looks, your feeling looks quite unfounded.

No, not really, its a personal feeling. I'm not saying the game is going to be bad I just have a bad feeling it isn't going to be 'the great'. We shall see.

Did you play the originals?

No. Just because I have a feeling doesn't make it fact. I'm just judging it based on a few vids I saw of it from e3. It looks just okay. I could end up being wrong but for now its a bit low on my radar.

Aliens: Colonial Marines resurfaces:

Having missed its 2009 release date, Sega’s Aliens: Colonial Marines has been TBC on the publisher’s release schedule for some time now – but Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has once again began hyping the upcoming licensed title.

“We have an Aliens game with Sega and 20th Century Fox which we're really excited about,” he told MCV. “It’s the thing I've been stealing from all my career. Now I'm really working on it, but we've been quiet about that so far.”
Furthermore, it’s the success of recent 2K Games hit Borderlands that seems to have slowed progress on the project.

“Borderlands took over Gearbox,” he added. “We had so much fun working on that and when we finished we wanted to carry on. And the DLC – we've launched two so far and there’s a third to come which take us to a new level in every way.”

Sega’s appetite for the title is likely to have been ramped up following the success of Rebellion’s recent release Aliens vs Predator, which shot straight to the top of the ELSPA GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37740/Aliens-Colonial-Marines-resurfaces

Good, finally some acknowledgment, hopefully more solid info will start trickling in now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"