Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They even stopped doingg comic previews which probably cost next to nothing. They don't even bother doing yearly promotional photographs anymore for majority of their shows.

We get 2 or 3 previews now, just not early enough to get any word of mouth going on the internet.

Honestly, it probably is to streamline cost. They ran the numbers, realized it might not be worth the cost, so stopped it. I remembered a lot of fun little videos going on on YT last years for the Flash. Don't remember so many recently.

How much cost can it be to edit a few scenes, or hell not even edit a few scenes.....usually the sneak peeks aren't even scenes edited together. It doesn't cost them anything to put it on YT. IF doing those "Inside the episode" things cost t hem money, then stop those and go back to the sneak peeks only.

Hell, they could send me the episode early and I'll cut a few scenes of 2 minute clips out for free and put them on YT. *major eye roll*

How much cost can it be to edit a few scenes, or hell not even edit a few scenes.....usually the sneak peeks aren't even scenes edited together. It doesn't cost them anything to put it on YT. IF doing those "Inside the episode" things cost t hem money, then stop those and go back to the sneak peeks only.

Hell, they could send me the episode early and I'll cut a few scenes of 2 minute clips out for free and put them on YT. *major eye roll*
Well it depends on who still works there. Like say to streamline cost, they got rid of the people responsible for stuff like that.

I agree it is stupid, but I also can see how it happened. Especially as ESPN destroyed a lot of my favorite stuff on their network recently do to such things.

Live+7 ratings increase for Supergirl for the week of May 1 -7
18-49 demo
0.5 to 0.9, 80% increase

Total viewers
1.746 million to 3.003 million, 72% increase

Nice little increase there....I was hoping for 1.0, but I'll take the 0.9 with a smile.... :)

Preliminary ratings for season finale
18-48 demo
total viewers
2.130 million.

I am putting this into the ratings section because that has to do more or less with television...and the spectrum, which has more or less to do with the big digital switchover in 2009. Now this affects one of the nation's biggest markets Chicago where Supergirl went from WGN-9 to WPWR-50 with WPWR going from My Network to the CW.

Well according to the Tribune, MORE changes are in store for WPWR and five other UHF stations. They will be changing channels after selling their over-the-air broadcast frequencies to wireless carriers.

WPWR, which is co-owned with Fox charter member WFLD-32, sold its spectrum for $160.7 million. Spectrum means the channels on digital, digital channel 50 and virtual channel 51. This is for those who do not have cable TV and can pick up the signals by antenna. Programming from WPWR includes...

50.1 WPWR (CW)
50.2 MOVIES! (Sony/MGM films)
50.4 BUZZR (Classic game shows mainly from Freemantle Media)

According to WPWR's Wikipedia page...

WPWR's channels will move to WFLD's spectrum, but remain associated with the WPWR license and channel 50 virtual channel.

There won't be an immediate impact of course...

All of the Chicago stations are expected to continue broadcasting by shifting to shared frequencies with other stations over a 39-month transition period. Viewers who watch the stations over the air, however, will ultimately have to change channels to stay tuned. Stations are scheduled to begin moving in November 2018.

There are many things I am prone to over-analyzing, but tv ratings are not one of those things.

As long as they keep cranking out the episodes, I will take the rest of it in stride.

Hopefully, with the move to Vancouver out of the way, things will smooth out a bit, and the overall quality will be more consistent in season 3.

But I've followed shows over the years, where one might have brilliant writing, and another in the same genre that is formulaic and stale, yet with more or less the same ratings. So... I don't know. As long as it's good enough, I don't think the minutiae really matters.

Last edited:
There are many things I am prone to over-analyzing, but tv ratings are not one of those things.

As long as they keep cranking out the episodes, I will take the rest of it in stride.

Hopefully, with the move to Vancouver out of the way, things will smooth out a bit, and the overall quality will be more consistent in season 3.

But I've followed shows over the years, where one might have brilliant writing, and another in the same genre that is formulaic and stale, yet with more or less the same ratings. So... I don't know. As long as it's good enough, I don't think the minutiae really matters.

The article I posted actually talks about how the move impacted this season, the fact that it is now on the CW, etc.

The article I posted actually talks about how the move impacted this season, the fact that it is now on the CW, etc.

Yes, I did read it, thanks for posting the link.

Live+7 ratings increase for Supergirl for the week of May 15 -21

Episode 21 "Resist"

18-49 demo
0.5 to 1.0, 100% increase

Total viewers
1.929 million to 3.219 million, 67% increase

Final Live+3rd day ratings and viewers average increase for Supergirl season 2.

18-49 demo, gain from Live + same day
1.1, 0.4

Total viewers, gain from Live + same day
3.352 million viewers, 0.989 million increase

Finale Live +7 ratings not too shabby....

0.6 1.1 0.5 increase 83%

Viewership

2120 3314 1194 increase 56%

Live+7 ratings increase for Supergirl for the week of May 15 -21

Episode 21 "Resist"

18-49 demo
0.5 to 1.0, 100% increase

Total viewers
1.929 million to 3.219 million, 67% increase

ZOUNDS! Showing once again the L+7

Yessss!

(I don't know what any of those numbers mean lol :yay:)

The live ratings are what percentage of the total TV audience watched a particular show the same day it aired. The total viewers is how many people actually watched the show that day. The +7 is how many people watched the show on a DVR or OnDemand during the week after the show first aired. The percentage increase is how many more people watched the show during the week after it first aired.

Thanks, I don't pay much attention to how the ratings system works. I might have guessed something like that, but I wasn't sure.

The live ratings are what percentage of the total TV audience watched a particular show the same day it aired. The total viewers is how many people actually watched the show that day. The +7 is how many people watched the show on a DVR or OnDemand during the week after the show first aired. The percentage increase is how many more people watched the show during the week after it first aired.

All of which have Nielsen Boxes.....our viewing (unless you are a Nielsen viewer) is not counted into any of those numbers.

There is a new number coming out, I can't remember what it is called but it will include Netflix, Hulu, Streaming, etc....They wanted to have it ready by Upfronts, but I'm not sure if it was....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"