Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on the West Coast. Never have had any new Fox programming before 8pm except on Sundays. CBS airs stuff at 7pm here.

Numbers for last night's episode are 0.5 and 1.93 million viewers.

Tough week for DCTV Mondays
Supergirl ties a series low with a 0.5
Gotham hits a series low with a 0.9
Lucifer hits a series low with a 0.8

Hopefully Flash, iZombie, and Arrow can avoid new lows.

First adjusted fractional for Gotham.

More weirdness on the renewal front...

CBS renews Code Black and Elementary 2 neither with even marginally good ratings...and

ABC renews Quantico dismal ratings as well....

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Fox renews Scream Queens.

Just bizarre happenings in the renewal world.

Scream Queens was cancelled yesterday.

Studios are really trying to save some $$$ by keeping around shows they own over shows they buy from other studios and some like Quantico do well overseas and apparently has a nice Netflix deal.

CBS renews Code Black and Elementary 2 neither with even marginally good ratings...and

WGN pays like 3 million per episode for syndication on Elementary. No mystery there.

unrounded finals from last week
The Flash: 1.015
Gotham: 0.969
Lucifer: 0.913
Agents of SHIELD: 0.741
Supergirl: 0.570
Arrow: 0.555
iZombie: 0.349

Poor iZombie. So close to a 0.4.

Flash is still doing incredibly well. Looking at the ratings of its sister shows on CW, there's absolutely no way it should be beating Gotham, Lucifer, or SHIELD on the big networks.

They'd be stupid not to do a Flash/Black Lightning crossover next season, even if they keep the new show out of the mega crossover while it finds its footing.

Scream Queens was cancelled yesterday.

Studios are really trying to save some $$$ by keeping around shows they own over shows they buy from other studios and some like Quantico do well overseas and apparently has a nice Netflix deal.

Quantico's Lead actress is huge overseas she can't act worth crap but damn she is a megastar in India

Or maybe it's because viewers are sick to death of politics being mixed with entertainment...a rather unstable mix given the climate.

Or maybe in ABC's case, it's backlash for cancelling Last Man Standing with Tim Allen.

Preliminary 0.9 on Flash...

I mean I guess I should post it in the Flash forum but this is the most active ratings topic.

Preliminary 0.9 on Flash...

I mean I guess I should post it in the Flash forum but this is the most active ratings topic.

A 0.9 for The Flash in the finals too. And a 2.44 for total viewers. Supergirl had a 0.5 but a 1.93 total viewers. I guess Supergirl skews older than The Flash.

Series lows for Flash and iZombie too.

Arrow to follow? All the other DCTV shows this week did.

Series lows for Flash and iZombie too.

Arrow to follow? All the other DCTV shows this week did.

Arrow was a 0.5 in the unroundeds. So basically the same number as 7 of the last 9 episodes. Tied Supergirl for the week, but had less total viewers.

Yep.....let's hope that their finales fair far better. :/

Yeah, it sucks that they're at their worst during May sweeps.

Yeah, it sucks that they're at their worst during May sweeps.

Well, seems that EVERYONE except for "Hawaii Five-0" are sucking at the moment.

And the advertisers that go with the CW know what they are getting, it is a very specialized demographic, they are willing to shell out the bucks. They shell out the most for Flash, with Supergirl in 2nd and the rest fairly lower, but still bringing in money.

CW kind of deserves it tbh....they are super cheap and barely non-existent when it comes to promotional material.

CW kind of deserves it tbh....they are super cheap and barely non-existent when it comes to promotional material.
What are they supposed to do, they don't have that kind of outreach and budget. I mean, I guess you could blame WB and CBS, but the CW?

It's more unforgivable how ABC and Fox have mishandled Agents, Gotham and Lucifer. Those are big networks with more power to advertise their stuff.

Last edited:
CW's biggest problem when it comes to advertising to me, is how they do it. It is so generic, so playing to one specific set of people depending on the show, how do they expect to get attention? If I wasn't dead set on watching Riverdale or iZombie, I would have never watched them.

It took me 2 seasons to give iZombie a try, and that was everything to do with people saying it was good, and NOTHING to do with the actual CW promos for it, so I'll agree with you there.

It took me 2 seasons to give iZombie a try, and that was everything to do with people saying it was good, and NOTHING to do with the actual CW promos for it, so I'll agree with you there.
For me, this is exactly why their DC shows do easily the best on the channel, and why they are going to have trouble having another show doing nearly as well. Because they are advertised by their very concepts. This is a show about the Flash, Supergirl, not-Batman, and the people that use to hang out with them. People get it. The rest come off like odd CW blah, even if they are really good.

What are they supposed to do, they don't have that kind of outreach and budget. I mean, I guess you could blame WB and CBS, but Fox?

It's more unforgivable how ABC and Fox have mishandled Agents, Gotham and Lucifer. Those are big networks with more power to advertise their stuff.

They need to get creative and maybe ask mommy and daddy for a more money on their weekly allowance.

CW landed a billion dollar deal with Netflix and the Flarrowgirl-verse brings in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.

The thing is....putting up 4 sneak peeks Friday afternoon on Youtube cost them nothing....and it has a huge impact on word of mouth through sites like this one. It is ridiculous that we aren't getting any kind of internet runs until the day of the episode. Totally stupid, especially NOW when people have other things to do. Late Fall, early Winter not a big deal, but Spring....BIG DEAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"