BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized where all this Superman/Batman/Miller stuff is headed. Two words: Time travel.

Here's the gist: Supes somehow gets thrown into a future (or a parallel universe thats 50 years ahead) that looks just like the world of TDKReturns. He butts heads with the Batman of that future, they fight, they make up, he goes back to his own time/universe. He seeks out the Batman in the present day and together they make sure that that future never happens, possibly by thwarting Lex Luthor's ascendance to power. Sounds great right? baaaaaaaaaarf.

hope im wrong. either way, Frank Miller is the kiss of death. he needs to stay far far away from this movie. the world has moved on.

Last edited:
I think Miller had some brilliance early in his career, but he's definitely struggled to recapture it. And he's a little crazy, lol. Don't know if he should be consulting on ANY film after The Spirit.

But obviously Snyder respects Miller. He directed 300 for crying out loud. And he said long ago the Dark Knight Returns would be the "holy grail" of comic book adaptations to adapt. He did specify that this film won't be adapting it though, so I don't see a need to panic necessarily.

I just realized where all this Superman/Batman/Miller stuff is headed. Two words: Time travel.

Here's the gist: Supes somehow gets thrown into a future (or a parallel universe thats 50 years ahead) that looks just like the world of TDKReturns. He butts heads with the Batman of that future, they fight, they make up, he goes back to his own time/universe. He seeks out the Batman in the present day and together they make sure that that future never happens, possibly by thwarting Lex Luthor's ascendance to power. Sounds great right? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Dude, I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but that's actually not a half bad idea hahaha. Kind of reminds me of what they're doing now with the Batman/Superman comic series.

I think Miller had some brilliance early in his career, but he's definitely struggled to recapture it. And he's a little crazy, lol. Don't know if he should be consulting on ANY film after The Spirit.

But obviously Snyder respects Miller. He directed 300 for crying out loud. And he said long ago the Dark Knight Returns would be the "holy grail" of comic book adaptations to adapt. He did specify that this film won't be adapting it though, so I don't see a need to panic necessarily.

Dude, I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but that's actually not a half bad idea hahaha. Kind of reminds me of what they're doing now with the Batman/Superman comic series.

I am kinda trolling actually. But that doesnt mean I dont think the above idea isnt a possibility. The sad truth is that it IS possible. Better to pre-emptively troll the idea before anyone starts to give it real credence. (oh and i havent picked up a batman/superman comic since before Final Crisis. not my cup of tea)

If he lets Miller heavily influence the movie, Batman is going to outshine Superman. Miller loves Batman way more than Superman and it showed in TDKR when he had Batman take Supes on in a fight.

I know :csad: the legacy it's left has really damaged people's opinions of Superman IMO

Yep! Miller took that "Truth, Justice, and American Way" thing waaaay too literally when he had him being obedient to the president. It's a boring, flawed and straightforward perspective of the character when Superman has much more depth and morality than that.

Ha ha it's still funny to me that his work with Rodriguez on Sin City made him think he can direct.

He is definitely crazy, I'd say more than a little lol

Yep! Miller took that "Truth, Justice, and American Way" thing waaaay too literally when he had him being obedient to the president. It's a boring, flawed and straightforward perspective of the character when Superman has much more depth and morality than that.

Definitely, he said he doesn't view Superman that way but I think he does. Personally I just hate that he had to make Superman look like that just to service Batman.

Unchecked libertarianism causes brain damage. The dude hasnt crawled out of his own ass in twenty years. fresh ideas and perspectives are a good thing. Especially for a writer/artist.

If he lets Miller heavily influence the movie, Batman is going to outshine Superman. Miller loves Batman way more than Superman and it showed in TDKR when he had Batman take Supes on in a fight.

I am hoping that Zack is just trying to get into the pathology of Bruce as a person.

At this point, I don't trust Miller with Batman. And he can get away from Superman!

I'm hoping Zack talks to OTHER comic authors as well, for a more varied opinion. And yet I'm more confident than just Goyer being all by himself for this one.

Unchecked libertarianism causes brain damage. The dude hasnt crawled out of his own ass in twenty years. fresh ideas and perspectives are a good thing. Especially for a writer/artist.

Yeah Frank Miller definitely writes for Frank Miller, he's basically living off his own name if that makes sense. Thank god DC didn't let him write Holy Terror as a Batman book.

Also is it just me or has everything he's done since Sin City (except All Star Batman & Robin) just looked like Sin City?

sometimes-I-forget-how-many-lulz-All-Star-Batman-has.jpg

Wow. Speechless, just speechless.

I HIGHLY doubt the film will play upon Superman being a government lapdog.

"I'm here to help...but it has to be on my terms." Remember?

However, the fact that he calls himself an American may factor into how the world reacts to him. Goyer has alluded to his.

Oh, he's meeting with Frank Miller? Yes ,I've been waiting for this news a long time. This makes me so excited. :o

tumblr_m7p83kBh3y1qhyjzao1_250.gif

Oh, he's meeting with Frank Miller? Yes ,I've been waiting for this news a long time. This makes me so excited. :o

I'd only be fine with Zack if he has an internal filter inside of him. If not we have great cause for concern.

God, I hated lapdog Superman in Dark Knight Returns. Yech.

Keep in mind it was intended to be a satire of the 30's/40's Superman who was being used as a tool by the US government to sell war bonds. The context is essentially "would Superman be a brand, if it meant fighting the bad guys?" History would imply yes.

Much like how ASBARTBW was intended to be a satirical take on the grimdark Batman that DC had created in the 15 years following DKR with writers trying to emulate his Batman.

Still the man has gone insane and I hope Zack calls him on some sort of time-phone.

I wish Bane had danced like that in Rises after he'd sent Bruce to the pit :woot:

I don't want Frank Miller anywhere near a Superman film. Period. I could take or leave him with Batman too, tbh, but Superman? Don't do it, Zack. I was just warming up to you.

Here's the gist: Supes somehow gets thrown into a future (or a parallel universe thats 50 years ahead) that looks just like the world of TDKReturns. He butts heads with the Batman of that future, they fight, they make up, he goes back to his own time/universe. He seeks out the Batman in the present day and together they make sure that that future never happens, possibly by thwarting Lex Luthor's ascendance to power. Sounds great right? baaaaaaaaaarf.

hope im wrong. either way, Frank Miller is the kiss of death. he needs to stay far far away from this movie. the world has moved on.

So Synder is meeting with Frank Miller. Wonderful. :dry:

Just when I started to get excited about this movie.

Going to Frank for help on Superman is almost like going to Richard Lester and the Salkinds for help on how to portray Superman, or even Burton for that matter.

Unless, like someone mentioned earlier, time travel is involved where we see a dystopian future like the one in TDKR (which I doubt since that would be ripping off Days of Future Past in a way) which needs to be changed, then Miller isn’t the guy that should be allowed anywhere near this project.

Snyder and Goyer are definitely not making this an easy process to wait for the upcoming film down these next two years, from the announcement that Batman was going to be in this film by using the TDKR quote and now this. What’s next?

Love MOS but if the sequel doesn't build on Superman as a whole to become the champion we all know and love and they show Batman a human beating the sh$$ out of Superman I will be done with DC Movie... Will not be supporting them... I hope Synder hear the Fan's fear and do this movie the right way... A team up with a short encounter fight not a whole movie evolve around this vs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"