BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I can already imagine the teaser trailer being a voice over by Bruce and the final shot being Clark battered, bleeding and bruised crawling out of some rubble.

Snyder will however look like a complete ass if he does make Batman beat Superman. People will be reblogging, posting and taking the **** out of his comments at the MOS1 comic con panel.

All that would be left is to have Lois leave Superman for Batman.

I dunno guys...the press release made it pretty damn clear that this movie is mostly about the two of them facing off as enemies. If they don't deliver on that front that you're letting down the people who are actually hyped for that. I don't want Batman to just beat the crap out of Superman, but I do want an epic struggle between the two. If it's just a little skirmish ala Thor and Iron Man in Avengers, and then they become best buds I will call BS.

There's an element of this that feels very lose/lose.

Yeah me too. What's really scaring me about this film so far is that nobody official has really mentioned anything about Lex Luthor. I'm afraid Luthor may not be in the movie and that Bruce Wayne would end up taking his place.

I don't want Frank Miller writing or consulting for any character, not even DareDevil

happy-face-thumbs-up.jpg

Would've been nice if they had went to Waid and/or Morrison for MOS...

Morrison and Waid would've been good for MOS. Highly doubt Waid would even look at Snyder now after watching MOS, Morrison's ideas for how the sequel SHOULD go are far better.

I HIGHLY doubt the film will play upon Superman being a government lapdog.

"I'm here to help...but it has to be on my terms." Remember?

However, the fact that he calls himself an American may factor into how the world reacts to him. Goyer has alluded to his.

Unless the story is that after what happened in Metropolis, Superman tried to do things his own way for a while as he told Swanwick, then the people kept hating him and then he decided to become a government puppet to improve his image. From all this, Batman becomes the hero of a Superman movie and the 12 year old BatFans get what they want. :(

Going to Frank for help on Superman is almost like going to Richard Lester and the Salkinds for help on how to portray Superman, or even Burton for that matter.

Unless, like someone mentioned earlier, time travel is involved where we see a dystopian future like the one in TDKR (which I doubt since that would be ripping off Days of Future Past in a way) which needs to be changed, then Miller isn’t the guy that should be allowed anywhere near this project.

Snyder and Goyer are definitely not making this an easy process to wait for the upcoming film down these next two years, from the announcement that Batman was going to be in this film by using the TDKR quote and now this. What’s next?

mzl.gamlempf.png

The time travel plot seems cool and might set up things to come. I doubt Snyder's going that route though. Too far-fetched in a supposedly realistic world.

I have been a big defender of ole Batsy in a MOS follow up. I think having Lex and Bats in a film with Superman can further many of the themes from MOS, not least of which was trust and faith in the collective humanity of the planet.

But I now hear about Miller... And a chill went down me for a second.. For a second I was like "Damn, damn, damn... herolee was right about everything!" (Nothing but love brotha!)

Then I remember how just about every CBM's production team talks about getting input from comic book creator and for good or ill almost always their input is ignored.

But... If... And I stress, IF this film continues the trend of DC characters being nerfed for the purpose of propping up one single character THAT IS ALREADY POPULAR then my hopes for a shared DCCU being successful are crushed. You just had a film ACCURATLY showing the level of pure power Superman has. The BO shows world wide people liked what they did (with blu ray, VOD, syndication and merch yet to be tallied). To nerf Supes now defeats the purpose of all the effort (and I loved the finished product of that effort) they put into MOS.

Even I know that it'll be a sad and SCARY Day if there ever comes a day when my pessimism turns out to be realism.lol

Let's just all pray and hope that our worst fears aren't realized from this film.

All that would be left is to have Lois leave Superman for Batman.

wiDcl.gif

The amount of panic over this seems silly. Snyder is focused on realism. There is no realistic way Batman stands a chance against Superman. It ain't happening -- an as whoopin' by Batman, that is.

superman_vs__batman_by_kinjamin-d6g0ty1.jpg

kingsjamin art and idea of the WF movie sound pretty cool actually...

Morrison and Waid would've been good for MOS. Highly doubt Waid would even look at Snyder now after watching MOS, Morrison's ideas for how the sequel SHOULD go are far better.

They probably would've made sure the ideas taken from their work actually made sense within the context of the film or just have them taken out.

If Snyder cannot have his vision come through, he should bail on WB.

Sure it would probably mean a Shumuckeresqe Superman movie by WB, but without Shumucker we wouldn't have the Nolan reboot.

It's not fair for WB to bully Zack, especially since the numbers are higher than Begins. In hindsight, Nolan would probably be dropped today if he made the exact same film, unfortunately enough.

I am scared, very scared. I was a little nervous with MOS, but was pleasantly surprised, even if it wasn't the dream film I wanted.

Sounds like a made up quote, honestly.

Good point. If anything, it seems like they are giving Goyer/Snyder MORE creative control (I still think WB pressured Goyer to write as much action as possible).

If Snyder's generally faithful mentality can "reign in" Goyer's "fan fiction" mentality at times, I'll be okay. On the other hand, this could be weighed down from the fact that Zack's a flawed writer, and Goyer tends to be as well.

Or the amount of risk will cause them to perform to their absolute best, creating a genre classic we didn't see coming. I'm hoping for that option.

What's the word on Lex Luthor at the moment? As far as I could see, he's not even in the film. :(

What's the word on Lex Luthor at the moment? As far as I could see, he's not even in the film. :(

I think it’s somewhat of a given that he’s in the film due to how many times we saw Lexcorp referenced in MOS; ranging from the truck that Clark had gotten a ride from to go back to his house in Kansas, the shot of the Lexcorp building in Metropolis, the truck that Zod threw at Superman during their battle in Metropolis, and even how it was a lexcorp construction building where Zod discarded his kryptonian armor.

Has this quote from Snyder been posted?

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=13726

"It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best"
Real quote or not, this is basically the reality of the situation. Snyder will have to adhere to whatever latest semblance-of-a-plan Warners has for their superhero movies.

And, yeah, in my head that means Mo' Batman.

The quote's legit. Are you familiar with the site or it's webmaster? It's the biggest and most credible Superman site online. They wouldn't fabricate a quote like that.

Maybe the source made it up. Could be an annoyed Superman fan. The statement just seems like an incredibly strange thing to say at this point. If it's too early to discuss the film, then it's too early to imply that this person's concerns are legitimate by saying "regardless of how I feel." It comes across as a negative statement, and not one that someone so involved in the process would make before the movie is released or even really underway in production. The studio would not take kindly at all to something like that. And based on the official statements Snyder has made both in the press release and in person in front of hundreds of fans, he seems genuinely excited by the prospect of what he's doing, for better or or worse.

Good point. If anything, it seems like they are giving Goyer/Snyder MORE creative control (I still think WB pressured Goyer to write as much action as possible).

If Snyder's generally faithful mentality can "reign in" Goyer's "fan fiction" mentality at times, I'll be okay. On the other hand, this could be weighed down from the fact that Zack's a flawed writer, and Goyer tends to be as well.

Or the amount of risk will cause them to perform to their absolute best, creating a genre classic we didn't see coming. I'm hoping for that option.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the pressure they are facing will force them to explore every possibility to make this as great as possible. I'm not so optimistic though lol.

That is the sad case of our reality; I wonder if this might actually have a more negative effect on Batman when it comes to how people, specifically Superman fans, view the character from here on out if Batman’s presence in this new film comes at the cost of Superman’s own presence in the film.

The only people that I’ve seen being 100% in support of this decision to go from MOS to this film are people who are seemingly more Batman fans than Superman ones and have been waiting forever to see Superman and Batman paired up. And I think it’s kind of an given, even unconsciously, for a lot of Batman fans, that he won’t be made out to look bad in a film where he has to appear alongside from Superman because that’s just the way it’s always been and it’s never going to change.

In contrast, nearly every superman fan that I’ve seen post about their feelings regarding this film have mentioned on how they wanted to see a direct sequel to MOS first. No one’s denying that we should have gotten a world’s finest like film before a JL film, but in the same time, I think practically a lot of people know that having a WF film right now was just a bad idea due to bad timing.

The only character that seeks to gain from this is Batman really and all evidence, despite what some may say on how “you never know what might happen” response, points out to it.

Maybe the source made it up. Could be an annoyed Superman fan. The statement just seems like an incredibly strange thing to say at this point. If it's too early to discuss the film, then it's too early to imply that this person's concerns are legitimate by saying "regardless of how I feel." It comes across as a negative statement, and not one that someone so involved in the process would make before the movie is released or even really underway in production. The studio would not take kindly at all to something like that. And based on the official statements Snyder has made both in the press release and in person in front of hundreds of fans, he seems genuinely excited by the prospect of what he's doing, for better or or worse.

It's a legit quote from Snyder... I don't what else to tell you, but I understand your hesitation. As a fan, you never want to believe, what you don't want to be true.

I wonder if Snyder was already contractually obligated to return for the sequel when the studio told him that he had to make a WF's film as opposed to a direct sequel to MOS? If he wasn't, he should have bailed out in my honest opinion because being the director that could be responsible for ruining superman in a modern day context that makes Superman III and Superman IV look like great dreams could really hamper his career.

But, wasn't his career already messed up after Watchmen and Sucker Punch and he needed MOS to help bring it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"