Almost Human

Michael Ealy is the man. Having Karl Urban there too just takes this to another level.

Michael Ealy is the man. Having Karl Urban there too just takes this to another level.
Just hope his character doesnt malfunction and drop a couple kids from a 4th floor window

This looks fun. I've learned not to get high hopes for TV shows with Abrams producer credits anymore, but I'll check it out for Ealy and Urban.

This will be lucky to get beyond season 1. If it does it may make it to season 4.

The JJ Abrams twist will be that Karls character eventually finds out that he is also an android. :o

But hopefully more Isaac Asimov than Will Smith. :o

But there's def some Blade Runner in there. The rain in future Los Angeles... oh, yeah. :up:

Looks amazing.

But yeah, this show needs to KILL in the ratings if it wants to survive more than one season.

As much as I hate Fox for what they have done in the past, they seem to be the only Network taking chances on these type of shows.

I agree they take chances on these kind of shows all the time and they also cancel them. However no other major network even takes those chances. as regularly so there's that.

This is getting an SDCC panel. :up:

Also, can we get that H in the thread title capitalized? It's aggravating my borderline OCD. :o

I think this is the show I am most excited for! I love Karl Urban and Michael Ealy and Lili Taylor are great actors, so enjoying the supporting cast as well. Not real sure of Minka Kelly being cast though...I'm always up for another buddy show though. Add in the sci fi twist, I'm in!

They're avoiding the usual baseball shenanigans that happens on FOX. If they started in September, it would get the "Here's the first three episodes, now hold on for a moment while we air baseball for the next month straight" treatment.

"Feel" Promo:
[YT]2bcuwhPfbHk[/YT]

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/comic-con-review-almost-human/
Comic-Con reviews Fox's 'Almost Human': Fans say...
by James Hibberd on Jul 17, 2013 at 11:50PM

Ever wanted to see a Blade Runner TV show?

Fox’s upcoming sci-fi action-drama Almost Human comes pretty close. The pilot, from Fringe‘s J.H. Wyman and executive producer J.J. Abrams, just premiered at Comic-Con. By small-screen standards, it’s a very cinematic hour — which is one way of saying this is easily one of the most expensive-looking pilots we’ve ever seen. The story: Set 35 years into the future when humans in the Los Angeles Police Department are paired up with life-like androids, a detective (Karl Urban) who hates robots is partnered with one (Michael Ealy) with real emotions.

Overall, the audience seemed to love the first episode, which premieres Nov. 4. There was several inventive moments that took advantage of the futuristic setting, such as a gun that shoots an incapacitating hood onto a kidnap victim and electronic crime scene “tape” that scans for authorized entry. More importantly, there were cheers and laughs in the right places, with the chemistry between Urban and Ealy off to a good start.

Here’s what fans told EW.com after the screening:

“I think it’s really interesting and different from what’s on TV right now and Karl Urban was fantastic. Compared to other cop shows on TV it adds a whole different sci-fi element. It was really intriguing, really well done. The CGI and stuff was really cool. I was happy with it.” — Jennifer from Connecticut.

“I thought it was really good. I really liked the chemistry with Michael Ealy and –I don’t know what the other guy’s name is. You could see how their relationship is going to grow. I’m definitely going to watch it and give it a chance.” — Akela from San Jacinto, CA.

“We did have some comments about the writing,” said Glenn from San Diego, who watched the pilot with his son. “There were a couple lines in there where we were like, ‘Really, they wrote that line?’ The premise is okay.” Will he watch? “Uh, we’ll Tivo it. How about that?”

“I loved it. It was everything it was everything I expected and more. It’s going to bring a new twist to modern television. I loved the idea of the new synthetics, that they’re more colorful and intricate than the normal everyday synthetic creatures in games and movies.” — Davin from Riverside, CA.

“I’d watch it. It seemed like a pretty good concept, the story seemed solid, a new twist on sci-fi. It’s a new take on the buddy-cop-drama-thing I guess. There’s a lot of possibilities.” — Chris from Utah.

“I loved it. Good combination of humor and action. I’m about to text my roommate and tell her that we have to watch it in the fall.” — Erin from Sacramento.

And in case you’re wondering, no, Comic-Con viewers don’t automatically gush about any sci-fi pilot (the reaction to NBC’s Revolution last year was very mixed). Also: Almost Human was screened back-to-back with The CW’s Tomorrow People, see that reaction here.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Series-Finale-Wyman-Almost-Human-1068073.aspx
Wyman says that while his new Fox series, Almost Human, might draw some parallels to Fringe, it's actually a whole different animal. In the futuristic drama, LAPD officers like John Kennex (Karl Urban) are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids like Dorian (Michael Ealy). "Fringe was so far-out," he says. "Until you realized it was about the alternate universe, you were like, 'What is this?!' Here, you're going to learn so much about the characters."

Wyman hopes to bring former cast members from Fringe onto the new show as guest stars, but he stresses that this isn't your typical crime procedural. "This show is different because while you'll get those vitamins and minerals from a regular cop show, you're going to see things you've never seen before," he says. "The criteria is that no story on this show will be on our show unless it is created by something futuristic, solved by something futuristic, or the very reason that the people are doing what they're doing is futuristic. Otherwise it is like everything else. We'll be able to tell a murder story in a very different way than NYPD Blue or CSI. We can do stuff that's out of this world. It offers a really great platform."

Almost Human premieres Monday, Nov. 4 at 8/7c on Fox. Will you be watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"