Am I the only one who liked Van Helsing? :(

I Thought It Was A Highly-polished B Movie. Hugh Was Playing Wolverine Under Different Circumstances, The Plot Was Weak, The Fx Were So-so, & Why, After The Response To "Hulk", Would Universal Climax Another Summer Movie-the Following Year, No Less-with A Battle Between Two CGI Monsters?

I really like Van Helsing.
It couldve been alot better if better written and better directed.

I loved it at the cinema, as I'm a huge fan of the old Hammer Horror movies.

But, I bought the SE DVD, made my family watch it, and then proceeded to feel more and more sick as it continued. The CGI Werewolves were awesome IMO, but everything sucked so bad and hard if felt ashamed to have wasted £14.99.

Needless to say, I got my refund under the old "I got bought two copies for my birthday routine.."

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:

But, I bought the SE DVD, made my family watch it, and then proceeded to feel more and more sick as it continued. The CGI Werewolves were awesome IMO, but everything sucked so bad and hard if felt ashamed to have wasted £14.99.

Yeah...I kind of watch it alone when it comes on.

I only whip it out during the Kate scenes!

...wait...that's not what you were implying....****

Horrorfan said:
Is that the case here? Come on people, show a lonely guy some support :(

I loved it and so did my friend who usually only like romantic comedies.
One of the best opening sequence ever, great soundtrack, and I loved the set in the ball room! :up:

no i liked the movie. the only thing i really didn't like was the ending though.

Warhammer said:
I really like Van Helsing.
It couldve been alot better if better written and better directed.

It ould have been better if it had a script and a director.

Wev get it...you don't like it

Go...help the world or something

The beginning where he fought Mr. Hyde in the church was cool. After that, it took a nose dive.

Why do you say that?

It's cool, mindless fun. Kinda like a 19th century version of "Army of Darkness".

It's a friggin movie about Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolf Mab, what were you expecting? "Casablanca"?

zer00 said:
Wev get it...you don't like it

Go...help the world or something

I'm trying to. I'm trying to make sure no-one else likes it either. I'm trying to free your mind.

Ooh, now you've gone all Morpheus on me.

My mind is free no matter what movie I like.

Kevin Roegele said:
I'm trying to. I'm trying to make sure no-one else likes it either. I'm trying to free your mind.

Do you...slide on light?

Cause....that'd be kind of metro

....so don't slide on light

I don't understand a word of what you just said, but you have a Ben Affleck avatar, who is the most overrated hack in the history of cinema, so I guess it's not worth knowing.

thealiasman2000 said:
I don't understand a word of what you just said, but you have a Ben Affleck avatar, who is the most overrated hack in the history of cinema, so I guess it's not worth knowing.

=))

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:

Needless to say, I got my refund under the old "I got bought two copies for my birthday routine.."
Really? I think I hated the CGI werewolves most of all. after Rick Baker's work & "The Howling", I think the bar was raised so high on werewolves that every attempt since then has looked like crap.

Kevin Roegele said:
It ould have been better if it had a script and a director.
There was a script. Hugh Jackman plays a killing machine w/no memory of his past, & the only person who can clue him in is his sworn enemy; not at all like Wolverine, a killing machine w/no memory of his past, & the only person who...can...
Never mind.

Chris Wallace said:
There was a script. Hugh Jackman plays a killing machine w/no memory of his past, & the only person who can clue him in is his sworn enemy; not at all like Wolverine, a killing machine w/no memory of his past, & the only person who...can...
Never mind.

.....yes....

thealiasman2000 said:
Why do you say that?

It's cool, mindless fun. Kinda like a 19th century version of "Army of Darkness".

It's a friggin movie about Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolf Mab, what were you expecting? "Casablanca"?

dude, please don't compare Van Helsing to Army of Darkness.

just... don't.

J Alba's Lover said:
no i liked the movie. the only thing i really didn't like was the ending though.

It was very... Lion Kingish.

Chris Wallace said:
Really? I think I hated the CGI werewolves most of all. after Rick Baker's work & "The Howling", I think the bar was raised so high on werewolves that every attempt since then has looked like crap.

To be honest, Iv'e not really seen those...

But the award for worst looking Werewolf goes to....

HARRY POTTER: POA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"