Am I the only one who liked Van Helsing? :(

Was the original poster banned because he liked "Van Helsing"?

I liked the film. It's damn good fun. Yeah, the script ain't great. But it's fun.

Screw all of you!!! :cmad::woot:

Surely Van Helsing is better than Punisher: War Zone.

YES it is. War Zone looked soooooo bad that it makes VH look good.

I thought "Van Helsing" could have been much better if they didn't make Dracula emo.

Can an emo Dracula tap three hot chicks? I think not.

I don't know what's so bad about this movie.

Richard Roxbourgh played Dracula just like Gerard Butler in "Dracula 2000", and I don't see you whining about that one.

And bad place, it even had an intelligent Frankenstein! (which is what people want to see nowadays, they seem to hate Karloff's Frakenstein).

I mean, did you seriously go to see that movie expecting "The Godfather" quality?

who hates Karloff's Monster?

to the OP, sadly, yes you are in a small minority of people who liked the van helsing. I think it was quite possibly the biggest disappointment I have ever seen....maybe.

Crappy, unbalanced CGI. An even worse story. And the dumbest ending. Dracula looked stupid the monster on monster fights were bad. And the friggin' baby drac-bat gargoyle creatures?! I almost walked out but i went on opening night and the theater was packed. As someone who enjoyed the Stephen Sommers' Mummy movies, and my excitement for seeing Hugh become a leading action actor thanks to X-Men, I was blown away at how bad the movie was. Sommers should have stuck with a storyline, in which Van Helsing took out some classic movie monster's all in his quest to reach Dracula. Simple. Instead, he opens with Helsing hunting Hyde, which was a decent start, and then some grand scheme that tried copying Monster Squad. And failed. Loved all the actors doing what they could in the movie...I mean that. But the bad effects and the ridiculous story...it is comparible to Will Smith's Wild Wild West.

I always wondered how you could improve upon the film.

^By not making it.

YES it is. War Zone looked soooooo bad that it makes VH look good.

But... but War Zone has Ray Stevenson decapitating people. :csad: All Van Helsing had was Hugh Jackman taking his shirt off and fighting CG monkey-men.

Last edited:
If you leave your brains out of it then its an ok movie. I like it cuz its just fun ya know good movie to watch with kids

Isn't this one of the longest films ever?! I saw bits of it at the pictures, in between sleeping. It went on forever.

This movie pissed me off.
Like the Mummy 3, it had a chance of being something truly cool, but a really huge amount of boneheaded decisions by the director/producers/writers/whatever got in the way.

THE CGI in this movie was lousy, despite it being ILM. I think SOmmers doesn't push his visual arts department hard enough.

I saw the awful looking final fight scene between Dracula and Hugh; my GOD it was awful looking.

I didn't "hate" the film per se, but i did find alot of things quite comical. I remember watching it opening day and we had everyone where we were sitting dying laughing

It’s been 16 years since Van Helsing came out. I think we can finally admit it actually was a good film.

1. It had a cool gothic setting with a Mick Jagger esque Dracula
2. It had sex appeal if you’re into that. Kate for the guys and lesbians, Hugh for the women and gays
3. It makes the Tom cruise mummy film look even worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"