Comics Amazing #550 (Spoilers)

I just finished it and I loved it, I liked the first issue but this was much better. I thought it was kind of interesting that the spider tracers found on the body were older ones. The only person I could think of who could possibly get their hands on them is Harry. Maybe when they lived together?:huh: *shrugs shoulders* I dunno.
I liked the "bad luck with Captains" reference.:up:

It's all good... :word:

Seriously what is with Salvador's art?
I have his Fantastic Four stuff from a couple years back and think it is great! But his art on BND is terrible. I am going to have to go as far as to say that it's probably some of the worse art I have seen. I will not deny that some of the panels of Spidey, and Menace are great, but most of the art is really not up to par with his previous stuff.
The sad part is the art is getting progressively worse - look at Dexter Bennet in part one, and then take a look at him in part two when he turns down Peter's photos. And JJ just looks awefull. Even the panels of Peter and some of Spidey!

My question is how on earth does Marvel publish this garbage right after we were served Steve McNiven, who has already won me over as one of my favorite Spider-Man artists?

What?
JJ - Look at part two, the first page you see JJ, at the bottom panel where he says "What did you say? Did you know I can shut this entire hospital down with a paragraph?!"
-That looks nothing like JJ, more like.... Walter Mathau? I dunno.

DB - Compare the image from the "Previously in Spider-man" page, and the page in part two where you see him for the first time in the panel where he says "Well pick 'em: The lightings bad, the angle is terrible..."
-He looks like his face melted, and he had squinty eyes in the first part.

What's with how Peter was drawn in every panel?

And Jackpot looks horrible in the panel where she says "So what does Menace have planned for this 'piece of national heritage'"

PLEASE do not tell me this artwork was pretty good... It was crap.

I too noticed a difference of quality between Larocca's first and second issues. Couldn't quite put my finger on it either...

Then I checked and discovered that a different Colourist had been used on both of those issues. So I put it down to that.

Although his JJJ is certainly an unusual interpretation and having just compared the issues, Larocca's Jackpot does look slightly different too.

None the less, I enjoyed the issue anyway and that's what's counts. :up:

I preferred the art on #549 also- it seemed to be more concise. In #550 some of the panels looked almost like painted animation cels and for the most part I did not care for this effect. The visual design of Menace I do like! Is that craggy visage a mask or his actual face? Creepy.

Re: Jackpot- If she turned out to be Kristy Watson that would be amusing, and a nod to the past. Whether it's MJ or not I don't care too much right now but MJ as a superhero named Jackpot?.. that's just too cheesy. Surely it's a new red head super chick who's named Jackpot to throw us off.

Re: Jackpot- If she turned out to be Kristy Watson that would be amusing, and a nod to the past. Whether it's MJ or not I don't care too much right now but MJ as a superhero named Jackpot?.. that's just too cheesy. Surely it's a new red head super chick who's named Jackpot to throw us off.

It's cheesy whether it is MJ or not...either way really!

Kristy Watson suddenly aged to the point where she looks JUST like MJ and is developed JUST like MJ...?? And talks JUST like MJ...?

Cheesy.

MJ fighting crime and getting smacked around by Pete, who a part of his soul will always remember they're married and changed reality and mindwiped an entire planet with Satan's help...??? Cheesy too. Either way.

I think tho, it is MJ, as obvious as it is...and has been portrayed.

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME WHINE WITH SOME OF THAT CHEESE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:woot: :woot: :woot:

:cwink:

Yeh, too bad MArvel doesn't offer bottles of wine with their Spidey comics as an incentive to buy it.

Might purchase it then, and maybe even enjoy it once i was drunk! :cwink: :oldrazz:

It's cheesy whether it is MJ or not...either way really!

Kristy Watson suddenly aged to the point where she looks JUST like MJ and is developed JUST like MJ...?? And talks JUST like MJ...?

Cheesy.

MJ fighting crime and getting smacked around by Pete, who a part of his soul will always remember they're married and changed reality and mindwiped an entire planet with Satan's help...??? Cheesy too. Either way.

I think tho, it is MJ, as obvious as it is...and has been portrayed.

Ok if it's anyone with Watson as a surname it's lame.
The only way it can not be totally lame is if it's not MJ.
I think I just like the way the lycra hugs her butt. :yay:

If it is red, which is likely- then it will suck. However while it may not be her, watching Jackpot be a chump around is Spidey fine for me. I'd prefer BC obviously. Felicia has got to show up at some stage, and then we're gonna get onto one of the main problems now- who remembers what amongst Peter's compadres and how is this explained? ...

So, they explained how they skipped Harry's dissent into madness, his death, KLH, the Clone Saga, NOrman still being around, Peter surviving Florida/Lizard incident without MJ, etc. yet?

Or all those going to be some massive plot holes, then?

So, they explained how they skipped Harry's dissent into madness, his death, KLH, the Clone Saga, NOrman still being around, Peter surviving Florida/Lizard incident without MJ, etc. yet?

What the hell are you talking about?

well they said harry was in europe and i sort of assumed he'd gone there originally to recover and then stayed after.

anyway i sort of like the mystery of piecing together what's different now even if the way they got there was terrible.

as for jackpot. hmm could be that it sort of an aspect of MJ brought to life so MJ can be in two places at the same time to some extent.

I too noticed a difference of quality between Larocca's first and second issues. Couldn't quite put my finger on it either...

Then I checked and discovered that a different Colourist had been used on both of those issues. So I put it down to that.

Although his JJJ is certainly an unusual interpretation and having just compared the issues, Larocca's Jackpot does look slightly different too.

None the less, I enjoyed the issue anyway and that's what's counts. :up:

Yeah, the colorist for issue 550 and 551 is different from the one in 549. And sadly, the new guy (who was called at the last minute to replace Keith, at age 26, just passed away (heart attack). So R.I.P. Stephen.

Just wondering, what happened to Pete's Spider-Sense this issue? Shouldn't it have warned him on a few different occasions? Especially right before he got zapped on the glider?

They never use the Spider-sense anymore.
They might as well just take it away.
They took his shooters away and he uses them all the time.

Massive plot holes.

Not much of it makes sense or has any integrity in the context of past continuity, but if you can still stomach picking up and reading the issues in store, it's a fun read.

Don't think I'll be buying again unless it all gets undone someday.

Massive plot holes.

Not much of it makes sense or has any integrity in the context of past continuity, but if you can still stomach picking up and reading the issues in store, it's a fun read.

Don't think I'll be buying again unless it all gets undone someday.

Sheesh... It's only been 6 weeks, and from the quote I found in that other thread, it appears that some things will get explained along the way.

If it's a fun read, then enjoy the ride.

:yay:

It is a fun read, but Harry does not need to be alive.
Nor has an explanation yet been offered.
That is totally lame.

I saw your other post, what I understood from it is that over the next year a good portion of ASMX3 is going to be spent explaining this new alternate past away. I do find it pretty confusing though, is this new alternate past going to be false memory's implanted by Mephisto? because Marvel are saying some events still happened just that the cast don't remember..

MJ and Peter still got hitched, Now they just remember something different.. Or they actually did not get hitched and just went to Coney Island instead...
Man, who cares.. They're gonna tell us storys about what everyone thinks happened in order to try and justify BND status quo. Great...

As for Harry being alive, that is obviously something that did go down differently- he did not end up poisoning himself. No matter what they say some classics are completely bulldozed such as Spectacular #200.

ASM does read very well at the moment and they have got the Spidey formula back, but continuity wise- It's a big s-hit sandwich and seeing these false memories / changed events explained away is going to be pretty boring and irrelevant to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"