Comics Amazing Spider-Man #600 (Prediction)

Spidey0

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just been to other forums and found them discussing about #600. The next 100x=Spidey Issue in a few years. I kind of hope #600 will be some kind of revolution for BND, or something better. What do you guys think?

A few years? We'll be hitting 600 by 2009, early fall!

This issue is to clarify what happened during Peter and MJ's wedding. I'm not looking forward to it as much as I should. I'd much rather look forward to the issue that explains what "Peter" did to make everyone forget the unmasking.

This issue is to clarify what happened during Peter and MJ's wedding. I'm not looking forward to it as much as I should. I'd much rather look forward to the issue that explains what "Peter" did to make everyone forget the unmasking.

Would as well.

What a great way to spoil a 100 anniversary issue. Couldnt they come up with something that everyone can enjoy?

By pulling a Dallas?

Peter wakes up and finds MJ in the shower. It was aaalll a dream, Mephisto. All a dreeeeeaam....

I hope they don't waste a great centennial issue on trying to explain why Pete and MJ didn't get married. Altering continuity.

These issues don't come along often, so don't waste one on malarky.

That would go down in history as the biggest waste of a centennial, negating spidey's real history.

Agreed. They shouldn't waste a centennial issue on a "make-believe" story that never really happened. They should just give it to us in a one shot special or something.

silly, silly, they still haven't come up with any story for what happened I doubt they'll have it by then. That's why it's so vague, the writers don't know, they've said as much. Personally I don't think a story is possible without magic being throw out like crazy for the status change to make sense, so I get why it's taking so long. I mean how the hell can you make this work? I haven't heard even one solution that makes the slightest sense unless it's a massive retcon (which it is) of former stories. I mean can anyone come up with a solution for OMD/BND that still makes all the former stories happen in the same way?

It's going to have to be something BIG. And after everything they've been through together (starting with, say, the death of Gwen), I can't imagine anything that would be big enough to indefinitely postpone the wedding.

Because here's the kicker: The MJ I've come to know would have been PISSED that Peter left her at the alter. But when he showed back up and said something along the lines of "I'm sorry MJ, but Doc Ock kidnapped the mayor's daughter and I was the only one who could do anything about it . . ." she would have forgiven him. On top of that, she probably would have said, "I don't care. I just want you. Let's go to Vegas. Let's just elope."

And they would have. The FF would have flown them out and sat in the back.

In not addressing it right away, in not having a plan set in place, they have created the Alps out of an already sizable mountain. What monkey wrench could they possibly throw into the works that would make Peter and MJ, as they head towards the aisle, decide to not go through with it? Because, as they've said, it's not like they broke up then, either. They just decided to not get married. They've still been living together all this time.

I really have no idea how they're going to be able to convincingly pull this off.

Predict 600? Oh, it will probably be something about Peter's life getting "rocked to its core". Again. :rolleyes:

silly, silly, they still haven't come up with any story for what happened I doubt they'll have it by then. That's why it's so vague, the writers don't know, they've said as much. Personally I don't think a story is possible without magic being throw out like crazy for the status change to make sense, so I get why it's taking so long. I mean how the hell can you make this work? I haven't heard even one solution that makes the slightest sense unless it's a massive retcon (which it is) of former stories. I mean can anyone come up with a solution for OMD/BND that still makes all the former stories happen in the same way?

Uh, they've already announced that that's what the story for #600 will be.

maybe they'll change it back to normal. but lets not get our hopes up.

Besides what made them not get married way back then, we also still need to find out what made them recently break up for good. After all this time being together and living together, there must have been something BIG to break them up.

She got tired of not being the best lookin' one in spandex.

Mephisto is going to open up a dimensional portal and ultimate spider-man is going to become the amazing spider-man in an attempt to make ASM even more "hipper" and younger.

Yeah cause that idea is much better.

Jesus christ people complain a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"