Comics Amazing Spider-Man #600 (Prediction)

Again...NONE OF this...SHOULD have happened. But if they wanted to do something bold....DO SOMETHING BOLD.

So if NONE of this should have happened, can I assume that you thought that the Spider-Man stories told prior were "bold and new"?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

My prediction for Amazing Spider-man #600: Nothing is Ever Going to HAPPEN EVER AGAIN!

That's basically it. I mean come on, people. They lied about the Unmasking. Who cares about a Satanic coward Spider-man?:csad:

That's basically it. I mean come on, people. They lied about the Unmasking. Who cares about a Satanic coward Spider-man?:csad:

Being a bit of a drama queen, don't ya think?

TMOB: So if NONE of this should have happened, can I assume that you thought that the Spider-Man stories told prior were "bold and new"?

The POINT is that Marvel said they wanted tot ell these amazing new stories they've never been able tot ell before.....needed to panic and hit a reboot button and alter continuity and history to do THAT.

And the result are same ol' stories we've seen BEFORE.

The comics were not bad, no one was complaining before. Sure, people didn't like Sins Past, etc....but the majority of fans did not feel hampered with MJ and a marriage....and the past 20 years.

Well we will be hitting 600 by the end of this year assuming Marvel keeps the 3 issues a month thing. Hey maybe when they change stuff back, theyll put the counter back to before one more day.

^^ The only problem there is I think Quesada's current mantra is "stay the course, stay the course, stay the course." He'd rather be known for being the guy that dared to bring about this bold new vision (and let some EIC down the road retcon it) than be the guy who tried, buckled, and reverted things back.

^^ The only problem there is I think Quesada's current mantra is "stay the course, stay the course, stay the course." He'd rather be known for being the guy that dared to bring about this bold new vision (and let some EIC down the road retcon it) than be the guy who tried, buckled, and reverted things back.

I don't think that the people who "own" Spider-Man, Marvel Comics Inc., would ever let BND be retconned because they have wanted a single Spider-Man for well over 15 years... so I don't think they'd ever let a future EIC ok such a thing.

think of all the controversy marrying them in the first place stirred up, think about how all the controversy breaking them up caused... I say they're at least back together in 5 years married in 10.

Hopefully issue 600 won't take place at Harry Osborn's upcoming wedding and cut to flashbacks of what went wrong with Pete and MJ.

The fact is...at SOME POINT...this devil destruction of the marriage and the alternate world and history it created will be erased and a big a moot point.

At some point, there will be a smarter EIC, as far as spidey stuff is concerned, who won't want to waste his time and valuable characters to 70's rehash. Maybe fun for a moment or two, but we've progressed far beyond that at this point. Pete dating MJ isn't "new"....or a story they've not told before. The whole thing forced all the characters out of character to get here. Not cool.

This devil dealing spider-man is no hero, ...to me.., and everything in this alternate world is created by him and satan...no more progression...who cares what carbon copy blah girl they introduce from here on out? Blah.

Pete isn't a naive little newbie child fighter anymore. Amazing shouldn't be ultimate spider-man. Ultimate is good on its own, better than AMazing is now, as it tries to copy ultimate and be an alternate world.

If Quesada has broken them up any other way, I might be inclined to think of it as permanent. But in all the fables, in all the myths, in any of the religions, when does the devil ever win? When does a deal with the devil ever actually benefit anyone but the devil?

I just finished reading Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and couldn't help but think of OMD and BND.

Even if it's not Quesada, someone's going to have to right this.

Not much about what we can expect, but Slott talked briefly about #600 with CBR:
Dan Slott said:
I can't really tell you what it's about, but no matter what you've heard, things change. You guys have no idea what it's about and it's going to be awesome…I love centennial issues and you want them to be huge. At the end of Spidey #100 he grew six arms. In Spidey #200 he confronted the burglar that shot Uncle Ben. In #300 we met Venom. In #400 Aunt May died? What? And in Spidey #500 you have that beautiful J. Michael Straczynskiand John Romita, Jr. story.

So you know when you're stepping up to the plate you better bring your A-game and you better do something **big*. I'm not going to say what it is because we have got a lot of cool stuff coming up…so right now it’s best to think of Spidey #600 a far off star twinkling in the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"