ampersands art

I made my own version of Batman/Iron Man. Instead of going with their modern versions I decided to use there old school versions.

I figured the wings could be simple black fabric on metal wireing that could fold up on his back when not in use. They wouldn't be for flying, more for intimidation.

Superman done entirely in ballpoint pen
smile.gif

scan9ou.jpg

cool superman, I'm starting to think about starting my own art thread any advice.

Nice stuff! I like it. You are a braver soul than I. I don't use pen until I've penciled what I want. I have to erase a lot. :(

Ghost - thanks:) As for the advice your asking for, do you mean advice on drawing or advice on making a thread?

Squeekness - Thanks:) Usually I do pencil before using ink, but the superman was really just a doodle that I liked. The face came out terrible though.

I dunno. I thought the face looked fine. :)

It kinda looks like he's covered in hair to me. I did this quick in photoshop, I think it looks better.
scan3jo.jpg

Yes, that is better. Smoother. Nicely done. :up:

ampersand said:
It kinda looks like he's covered in hair to me. I did this quick in photoshop, I think it looks better.
scan3jo.jpg

Very nice Supes ampersand, and congrats on the second place in the contest, although ya shoulda won 1st place.:)

ampersand said:
I made my own version of Batman/Iron Man. Instead of going with their modern versions I decided to use there old school versions.

I figured the wings could be simple black fabric on metal wireing that could fold up on his back when not in use. They wouldn't be for flying, more for intimidation.

for some reason I think this picture is DKR-esque-ish

^^He looks a litle like Doom there, too. :)

ampersand said:
Ghost - thanks:) As for the advice your asking for, do you mean advice on drawing or advice on making a thread?

Squeekness - Thanks:) Usually I do pencil before using ink, but the superman was really just a doodle that I liked. The face came out terrible though.

Both I guess I think I need it.

ghost113 said:
Both I guess I think I need it.
Well, why don't you make a thread and post any artwork you have in it to begin with. Try to post stuff done recently so we can get a measure of your current skill. How finished it is doesn't matter, simple sketches are great as well as more finished inked pieces. Once we have seen your work I can give you any artistic tips I can. I'm sure others on the boards will be very helpful too.

Don't be shy in posting art, the worst that could happen is some cyber-tard tells you it sucks.

Here's a little preview of what I'm doing now. It'll be a sequential page when I'm done
smile.gif

^^Kewl. It's nice to see Supes being assertive. :)

oh noes!!!11 :eek:

does he call Robin a ****** and refer to himself as "The Goddamn Batman"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"