Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Amy Acker IS The Cellist!

They're saying that they are treating AOS as a separate entity and any character appearing in comics before fall 2013 is eligible to be on the list.

Coulson has appeared in multiple 616 universe comics since January 2012, including the origin of the current Nick Fury.

He was also in an Ultimates comic but I think that was more recent.

Also, given his prevalence in 616, I predict that in five years, you will get younger comic fans that won't even believe you that he wasn't always a comic character.

They're saying that they are treating AOS as a separate entity and any character appearing in comics before fall 2013 is eligible to be on the list.

Coulson has appeared in multiple 616 universe comics since January 2012, including the origin of the current Nick Fury.

He was also in an Ultimates comic but I think that was more recent.

Also, given his prevalence in 616, I predict that in five years, you will get younger comic fans that won't even believe you that he wasn't always a comic character.

Like a lot of people didn't know Harlequin wasn't a comic character before B:TAS.

Let's take a step back. Yes, of course AoS is part of the MCU, and yes of course Coulson originated in the MCU. That's not really the issue. I think the question is why Coulson is on that list. The list is a list of characters from the comics who have been on AoS. Well, it all depends on how you interpret "from the comics". Some of you are only counting characters that *originated* in the comics, while some of you are counting characters who have *appeared* in the comics.

Coulson is a special case, because he has *appeared* in the 616 comics (even before AoS started), but he did not *originate* there. Indeed, his 616 appearances are based on the MCU character, where all other characters go in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, if you're just looking at characters who have been in both, Coulson definitely fits. But if you're looking at characters who *started* in the comics and were ported into AoS, he wouldn't fit.

So it really only depends on how you define the list. FWIW, I'd personally be in favor of the more inclusive definition, with the implicit understanding that Coulson is a special case.

Huh? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Coulson is an MCU character, of which AOS is a part. His appearance in the show has nothing to do with the comics.
You misunderstood me. I'm not saying Coulson ISN'T an MCU creation, I'm saying because he exists in the comic continuity, he's a comic book character, just like X-23 and Harley Quinn. Calling him a comic book character is different than calling him a comic book creation, which I never did.

You know I just now noticed that Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Lady Sif are on the list. :whatever:

I don't think they should be since the list was made to address the complaint over how many characters AOS is bringing in the from the comics not from the movies.

But whatever..
The list is about characters who appear in the comics and also appear in this show, it's as simple as that. Nick Fury and Maria Hill was on the list since the beginning:
forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=27269083&postcount=9
Posted 11/23/2013

Last edited:
You know I just now noticed that Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Lady Sif are on the list. :whatever:

I don't think they should be since the list was made to address the complaint over how many characters AOS is bringing in the from the comics not from the movies.

But whatever..

tumblr_lq2p5x3mwT1qht847.gif

Just... no....

Basically, you could break the list into 3 subcategories:

- Characters originating in comics, and first appearing in the MCU via AoS. (e.g. Deathlok, Graviton, Hand, Lorelei, Talbot, etc...)

- Characters originating in comics, but previously depicted in the MCU (Fury, Hill, Sitwell, Sif).

- Characters originating in the MCU, but also appearing in the comics (Coulson only?).

Basically, you could break the list into 3 subcategories:

- Characters originating in comics, and first appearing in the MCU via AoS. (e.g. Deathlok, Graviton, Hand, Lorelei, Talbot, etc...)

- Characters originating in comics, but previously depicted in the MCU (Fury, Hill, Sitwell, Sif).

- Characters originating in the MCU, but also appearing in the comics (Coulson only?).
One more category:
- Characters that are inspired by one or multiple characters from the comics but aren't considered a direct adaptation of any of them (Scorch, Elliot Randolph)

So what do you do when inevitably one of the show's characters like May or FitzSimmons ends up in the comics one day. Are you going to then add them to the list of "comic characters in the show"?
Pretty much.

My head hurts over this listing crap.

All of the characters are Marvel characters. True, we tend to care more about them if they also appear in the comics because it shows that they will likely have life beyond the confines of one tv show, but who cares where they appeared first? Odds are that if this show continues, then some writer will eventually place Ward, May etc into the comics.

So, I'm excited to see more about the episode with the Cellist. Some of Acker's comments are also interesting after viewing The Winter Soldier.

Is there any chance the cellist will return in season 2?

I don't know but I did like that they mentioned that the tie was given to him by Audrey and that's why it was so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"