Andy Serkis IS Alfred Pennyworth

I think Serkis could work as Alfred, I'll be curious to see which portrayal he goes for.

I'm sure he can juggle directing Venom 2 and playing Alfred in The Batman as I imagine it's the sort of role that doesn't require you to be in many scenes.

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't hoping he'd end up being Man-Bat, but this role might make more sense for his schedule.

Also think it could be invaluable to have someone with his expertise around when/if they eventually do the likes of Man-Bat, Clayface, Killer Croc...
He’s gonna end up being in imposter Alfred. Clayface the whole time.

Wtf ?????
Andy Serkis will be a great Joker for me. In fact, he’s got the range to pull off any villains of Batman.

But Alfred, seriously ? Such a weird choice. The cast is starting to worry me.

Hopefully I’m wrong, and we will get an amazing movie. It’s just... such a weird choice. But it seems many peiple like this choice so ok. So far the only casting choice that I’m satisfied with is Paul Dano as The Riddler.

Thing is, he still can play many different characters in mo-cap. He could easily be Alfred, Man-Bat, Clayface, Killer Croc etc. in the same way Duncan Jones played so many different roles in Del Toro’s films. I’ll admit I’m surprised at his casting as Alfred, but he could play anyone, he’s that good.

May be a bit jarring to see Bruce towering over Alfred, but that's an inconsequential matter.

The Batman prologue scene - Alfred sit by young Bruce Wayne's bed side, putting him to sleep.

"My precious...." the room goes dark as we see a glowing smile on Alfred's face

But seriously, I saw Andy's interview one day, he could just play himself and he'll be a charming Alfred lol

tumblr_p0x4atPcZa1rc9zmno2_500.jpg

I think a lot of people automatically typecast Andy Serkis with a villain or someone who has to portray a character with motion capture effects, and it's fair because that's what he's really pioneered as. And he's done phenomenal work all across the board with motion cap. But he is also a tremendous actor without that and i always think he gets overlooked for many "regular" roles if you will. I think he'll do great. I'm really excited to see how he and Robert play off together. I can see his Alfred being a combination of what we saw from Gotham as well as the Nolan films. Something in between.

Eh, I don't love it, I don't hate it. This is the first casting news that I'm lukewarm on.

I've been a fan since the Two Towers . He's a versatile actor . I have no doubt, he can nail the part.

This omage just convinced me they shouldn't even try to make him look like the Alfred from the comics. Just give the guy a fancy suit and let fans accept they're never going to get a comic book looking Alfred.

That's not really a fair image or indicative of how he would look with all different moustaches. It is an overall poor look and the moustache is poorly groomed.

This is probably going to be another combat or military trained Alfred given Serkis is a built and extremely physical actor.

Awesome choice. Can’t wait to see what he brings to the role!

Hands down the worst fanart Bosslogic has ever made and another good argument for why they shouldn't even attempt the moustache.

Serkis with that mustache looks like a frizzy-haired Gomez Addams, not Alfred Pennyworth.

And it’s not like Michael Gough, Michael Caine, or Sean Pertwee had mustaches, so does it really matter?

Keeping a mustache can be written into contracts, ask Cavill. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"